Disney Parks Blog: 17 Reasons to Visit WDW in 2017

No Name

Oh... but what would they say? Assuming you are referring to Rivers of Light. My thought is, better not to draw attention to the fact that it's been delayed into a whole new year, especially when they don't have an announced opening date or really any more details to promote.

I don't think this casts any shadow on the show's future.

JohnD

Original Poster
Oh... but what would they say? Assuming you are referring to Rivers of Light. My thought is, better not to draw attention to the fact that it's been delayed into a whole new year, especially when they don't have an announced opening date or really any more details to promote.

18. Sometime in 2017 (whenever that is). Rivers of Light! Promise!

FigmentJedi

That's what I would assume, but at the same time they're touting "More details about an expansion that doesn't even open in 2017" as one of their 17 items.

Minnie Mum

That list was pitiful. Just pitiful. So, besides Pandora, which IS a reason to go and spend money (IMO), the rest is either stuff that's already there (hey, look! We haven't cut this!), Or it's a way to part you from more of your cash ( new dining or upcharge events). A bigger, bulkier MB is a reason to go to WDW this year? Seriously? o_O

And still no ROL. And no mention of a night time parade in MK.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The first comment...

upload_2017-1-1_12-23-30.png

NearTheEars

That list was pitiful. Just pitiful. So, besides Pandora, which IS a reason to go and spend money (IMO), the rest is either stuff that's already there (hey, look! We haven't cut this!), Or it's a way to part you from more of your cash ( new dining or upcharge events). A bigger, bulkier MB is a reason to go to WDW this year? Seriously? o_O

Sounds like you'd have preferred no list at all. Obviously I'd love to see 17 brand new attractions open this year.

Minnie Mum

Sounds like you'd have preferred no list at all. Obviously I'd love to see 17 brand new attractions open this year.
Not at all. But this is purportedly a list of reasons why we should spend our time and money to go to WDW this year. Can you honestly tell me that you would take vacation time and pay for travel, accommodations and tickets for a new MB? Or to find out new details about a park that won't be open for years yet? I don't know about you- maybe you live locally, but I wouldn't plan a trip just because they added a couple of new props to launch bay. YMMV.

NearTheEars

Not at all. But this is purportedly a list of reasons why we should spend our time and money to go to WDW this year. Can you honestly tell me that you would take vacation time and pay for travel, accommodations and tickets for a new MB? Or to find out new details about a park that won't be open for years yet? I don't know about you- maybe you live locally, but I wouldn't plan a trip just because they added a couple of new props to launch bay. YMMV.

Yes, I'm local.

I see the list as working as a whole package, not really item by item.

Heck no I wouldn't plan a vacation based on a rubber ticket band, but some folks really seem to like it based on the number of vacationers I see wearing them before and after trips at MCO (anecdotal I know, but we fly north multiple times each year with planes full of WDW guests). But it adds to the overall experience for some.

Like I said, I'd also prefer a list full of new attractions.

Minnesota disney fan

So, I'm not sure, but I think Pandora was announced in 2011!!!! It's now 2017!
Come on , Disney, that's 6 years to complete a land??? If the pictures on the opening pages of WDWMagic are up to date, then Pandora does not look very far along at all. Neither does the other 2 lands, either!
I wish they would announce, and complete an attraction/land in a more timely manner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom