Disney Parks Blog: 17 Reasons to Visit WDW in 2017

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That's number 13 on the blog and that's not the issue, as you already know.

Perhaps the blog's author should've changed the post to focus solely on Pandora/Avatarland and talked about 17 neat things to see in that land. Instead she tried to convince us that visiting a gift shop, restaurant, or attending a SWL announcement was a great reason to visit the parks.

those are great reasons...for first timers... :hilarious:

OliveMcFly

That's number 13 on the blog and that's not the issue, as you already know.

Perhaps the blog's author should've changed the post to focus solely on Pandora/Avatarland and talked about 17 neat things to see in that land. Instead she tried to convince us that visiting a gift shop, restaurant, or attending a SWL announcement was a great reason to visit the parks.
Wait...gift shops! Forget Pandora :hilarious:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Just got an email. 17 intriguing players to watch in MLB this year. Garbage list. The commissioner really needs to put an end to this. There was barely 2-3 players that were really worth watching...

DisneyPrincess5

Am I the only one who forgets that Pandora is even being built?
Hah no I'm included in that, too. Pandora was announced in 2011. 2011. As in 6 years ago, technically more like 5 and some months to be fair. I get that these things take time, but that's a long time. I tend to kind of tune out to the details of construction until it's close to opening. Too much to keep up with for too long. Plus we don't spend an exorbitant amount of time at AK so it's not always on my mind. Should be amazing when it does open though which is exciting.

EricsBiscuit

I think people misunderstand Iger. He is a quality not quantity guy. I would rather have a few good attractions open each year rather than crappy expansions wasting space. If they closed Cars Land y'all would be angry. I bet in a couple years when SWL does open you guys will completely change your minds. I love the way that the parks are heading more towards quality not quantity additions. The occasional cool addition like the muppet thing at MK was great. Frozen is a success and a badass ride way better than antique Nordstrum. This forum is so opposed to change its ridiculous. If DLR was so good why isn't it the number one tourist destination? WDW is unequivocally the best vacation spot. I am an AP and go every week because it's so fun. I can't stand how negative this forum is however. This is a f*cking Disney forum and all they do is take steamy one on everything Disney does... Lol

Luxe

I think people misunderstand Iger. He is a quality not quantity guy. I would rather have a few good attractions open each year rather than crappy expansions wasting space. If they closed Cars Land y'all would be angry. I bet in a couple years when SWL does open you guys will completely change your minds. I love the way that the parks are heading more towards quality not quantity additions. The occasional cool addition like the muppet thing at MK was great. Frozen is a success and a badass ride way better than antique Nordstrum. This forum is so opposed to change its ridiculous. If DLR was so good why isn't it the number one tourist destination? WDW is unequivocally the best vacation spot. I am an AP and go every week because it's so fun. I can't stand how negative this forum is however. This is a f*cking Disney forum and all they do is take steamy one on everything Disney does... Lol
If you don't like it, why do you come back then? The people who complain that the forums are too negative are more annoying than the people who are negative. Not to sound rude but it's a two way street. Since when does being cautious about praising Disney define negativity? It's not hard to see why people are so critical when you look at their track record the past decade. Like many others have said in the past, this is a forum of very passionate Disney fans. We only criticize, critique and analyze so harshly because we care so deeply. If you are looking for a place to gush about everything Disney does, sorry to say but this is not the place. Who would even want to visit a site like that? Can you imagine how boring that would be?

Tim - "Have you SEEN those slick new cabanas?!?"
Bob - "YEAH MAN they are TOTALLY sweet, I can't believe they only cost $700!!"
Tim - "Right?!? Disney is so generous offering us so many options to enhance our visits!"
Bob - "Precisely! I'm glad they hiked up the ticket prices, I think they deserve it for all of the creative options they gave us this year!!"

The_Jobu

If you don't like it, why do you come back then? The people who complain that the forums are too negative are more annoying than the people who are negative. Not to sound rude but it's a two way street. Since when does being cautious about praising Disney define negativity? It's not hard to see why people are so critical when you look at their track record the past decade. Like many others have said in the past, this is a forum of very passionate Disney fans. We only criticize, critique and analyze so harshly because we care so deeply. If you are looking for a place to gush about everything Disney does, sorry to say but this is not the place. Who would even want to visit a site like that? Can you imagine how boring that would be?

Tim - "Right?!? Disney is so generous offering us so many options to enhance our visits!"
Bob - "Precisely! I'm glad they hiked up the ticket prices, I think they deserve it for all of the creative options they gave us this year!!"

Ugh. Tim and Bob are the WORST...

EricsBiscuit

That makes sense I understand now.

Princess Leia

Okay, while I still think this is a pathetic sounding list (maybe it could have been shortened to 10 things. Or 7), I am going to attempt to create my own 17 reasons that I'm going to Disney this fall. Disclaimer- I'm doing this slightly in jest. I think that annual passholders and frequent visitors have a reason to be ticked off.
1. Pandora
2. It has been almost 9 years since I was there, and when I go, it will be 9 1/2.
3. I've never ridden Space Mountain
4. Or 7DMT
5. Or Tower of Terror
6. ditto for Aerosmith
7. And Dinosaur
8. I think it's almost been 2 decades since I was on Peter Pan
9. I plan on eating (and sharing drinks) around the World Showcase on my birthday.
10. And also take part in the Behind the Seeds tour
11. Oh right, finally doing Test Track
12. I am going to eat my first Dole Whip
13. Ummmm.... I'll eat my first Mickey bar since childhood?
14. Eat lunch at Be Our Guest
15. Experiencd MILF for the first time (Disney, change the name already).
16. Ride TSMM for the first time
17. What I am most excited for- Finally experience the world of Harry Potter- oh wait, no, that's Universal!:rolleyes: I guess Star Tours and Soarin' both have new versions.

So, for me, there's plenty of new stuff. For the frequent guest, there hasn't been a lot. A quarter of my list is stuff I was too chicken to do when I was a kid (... and teenager...). I'm glad Disney is finally picking up the pace, but it's embarrassing that it took them this long to make changes.

Last edited:

Minnie Mum

But, but, but - there ARE people just like that, that post long and loud and often. Never met an upcharge that they couldn't rationalize and love. And God help the poster who dares to disagree with them. Opinions are great, as long as it's not different from theirs. Except her name is neither Bob nor Tim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom