News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Rescue Ranger

After all my park reservations being secured, I had to cancel them because we had to change our dates. Now the parks are showing no availability for my dates?! I can't see every date being booked already???

I'm now expected August 22-September 4.

tdemon

I'm the only one but I was forced to include three other people in my hotel reservation when I added it to MDE. They don't have MDE, tickets and they aren't on the actual hotel reservation. I wonder if that's causing problems? I have no idea. I guess I really just need to call and talk to someone, lol.

Having the same issue. Booking in August for 2 people at the doubletree DS, only 2 people attached in MDE. Booking in December is supposed to be for 2 people at Wyndham garden DS but made me attach 4 people, 2 of which don't have tickets and are not going. Maybe this is the issue?

Kman101

Having the same issue. Booking in August for 2 people at the doubletree DS, only 2 people attached in MDE. Booking in December is supposed to be for 2 people at Wyndham garden DS but made me attach 4 people, 2 of which don't have tickets and are not going. Maybe this is the issue?

I think it could be. Is this a hotel issue or an MDE issue I wonder? Wyndham made me attach four people, all of which I had to make up (sort of), lol. I have a separate stay elsewhere and all three are attached no matter what. I think I have various glitches going on.

Ben_since_1971

Do any of those still having issues also have MNSSHP tickets?

You know, that might have been my problem. I was supposed to go to MNSSHP on 9/13. I could make park reservations for 13th, but not for 14th and 15th. When I cancelled 13th, I was able to 'back in' to the 13th (did 15th, then 14th) and then got the 13th again.

vikescaper

I don’t know what had to be done other than my sister being on hold for two hours this morning, but, we finally got all of our park reservations secured. I’m so excited to use the system again on Friday when it becomes available for AP’s.....not.

sjhym333

I'm the only one but I was forced to include three other people in my hotel reservation when I added it to MDE. They don't have MDE, tickets and they aren't on the actual hotel reservation. I wonder if that's causing problems? I have no idea. I guess I really just need to call and talk to someone, lol.
I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly but Disney was pretty clear that all guests need to be on the hotel reservation, have a valid ticket and make sure that everyone is properly connected on MDE

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm about 50 pages behind, so I'm not sure if there has been any clarification here. So we have a 6-day ticket. We are hoping to use 2 days this winter, and 4 next summer. A CM on the chat indicated that this would not work, as there is still an expiration date on the tickets (I think he said needed to use within 9 days). I explained to him what it says in MDE... and he was then a little less confident. So I'm at a loss. My wife tried to call today for clarification, but was cut off after 3 hours. Hopefully someone else has some clarification here...

Tickets have a expiration date... but a there is a separate rule that once tickets get used.. a second clock starts and the days must be used within x days of first use (x varies based on length of ticket). You can't buy a 10 day ticket and just slowly eat away at it anymore like you used to.

Disney's extending expirations for tickets would be for extending the first use.. not change the rule about when a used ticket expires.

Kman101

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly but Disney was pretty clear that all guests need to be on the hotel reservation, have a valid ticket and make sure that everyone is properly connected on MDE

When I originally linked my hotel reservation it forced me to add three people with me to the reservation. They literally don't exist. I'm guessing that's something holding me up. Of course you have to call to remove them. It's only supposed to be me and me alone with a park admission and hotel reservations.

floydbeatle

I'm so confused and frustrated. We have been eligible to modify since yesterday but we can't get through to anyone on the phone. We tried multiple numbers. Busy signal. It seems like people who are traveling later this year and next year are being forced to compete for CM access with the people going this summer. I want to sort out my resort because ours will be closed and we want to make sure we get moved ASAP or else the trip is rather pointless lol. I also wanted to see about a few other time sensitive changes. What gives?
Same here. Finally, I got thru today after four hours on hold! I was moved from All-Star Movies (Preferred) to Pop Century (Preferred) for no extra charge. Hang in there.

Mainahman

Same here. Finally, I got thru today after four hours on hold! I was moved from All-Star Movies (Preferred) to Pop Century (Preferred) for no extra charge. Hang in there.
i started trying at 6 am or so this morning, it took me to almsot 3 pm off and on to get through.

Thankfully it paid off though, and we got a killer upgrade.keep trying people. Disney is really providing old school" i can do anything" magic.

ParentsOf4

My theory on the poor performance of Disney's web sites is that there are a lot of legacy systems involved that have to be interacted with in many of the transactions. So it doesn't matter if it's an internal facing or guest facing site, they all suffer from similar issues. The system is only as good as the weakest (and slowest) part of the system, and no amount of throwing more web servers is going to help with it.

What is perhaps surprising is that those legacy systems that are the bottleneck have existed for so long and never been updated.
These problems trace their origins to decisions TWDC made years ago to generate revenue and cut costs.

Yes, legacy systems are a symptom but for a organization wholly dependent on Big Data, there's no reason to not keep these vital systems current.

We have a pretty good understanding of what happened here. Disney created an increasingly complicated system designed to maximum revenue, resulting in a maze of offerings requiring months of planning for many Guests.

When IT costs exploded as a result of these complex systems, Disney cut budget, resulting in a patchwork of interconnected systems.

Disney replaced experienced, highly qualified staff with cheap labor.

Finally, Disney created yet another monstrosity to bring its theme parks back online.

Middle management will be blamed but this squarely lays in the lap of senior leadership, including many who no longer work for TWDC.

Last edited:

Rescue Ranger

Just finished canceling and then reserving new park days. We had to change our dates so we could avoid a split stay. Would rather just stay put considering the circumstances. It actually worked out in our favor and we gained an extra night at Polynesian due to the DVC point costs.

So if evything works out and we're able to get a flight out of Toronto safely, these will be our park days(no site issues, quick and efficient):

August 29: Magic Kingdom
August 31: Hollywood Studios
September 1: Animal Kingdom
September 3: Epcot
September 6: Hollywood Studios
September 7: Animal Kingdom
September 8: Epcot
September 10: Magic Kingdom

Also hoping to be able to go to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. Also plan to spend a day at Universal.

drew81

These problems trace their origins to decisions TWDC made years ago to generate revenue and cut costs.

Yes, legacy systems are a symptom but for a organization wholly dependent on Big Data, there's no reason to not keep these vital systems current.

We have a pretty good understanding of what happened here. Disney created an increasingly complicated system designed to maximum revenue, resulting in a maze of offerings requiring months of planning for many Guests.

When IT costs exploded as as result of these complex systems, Disney cut budget, resulting in a patchwork of interconnected systems.

Disney replaced experienced, highly qualified staff with cheap labor.

Finally, Disney created yet another monstrosity to bring its theme parks back online.

Middle management will be blamed but this squarely lays in the lap of senior leadership, including many who no longer work for TWDC.
Staggs and Rasulo to name a few.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Anyone know when we can book rooms at a Disney resort or is that still on indefinite hold?
2021 supposedly opened tomorrow around 10 AM but we’ll see. I’ve seen conflicting information as to whether those without existing room only 2021 reservations will be able to do anything tomorrow.

JD2000

how does the current availability look? anyone with hotel and tickets unable to get reservations? or were they virtually guaranteed in the end for that group?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom