News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

DisneyOutsider

Yikes.

"A Disney spokesperson told CBS MoneyWatch the reservation system had no such glitch. Disney had made the system available Monday first for people with a previous Disney World resort reservation, the spokesperson said. The system will be available for annual pass holders this Friday and for the general public on Sunday.

People who couldn’t reserve Monday probably thought it was a glitch, but in reality, they were likely trying to book before it was their turn, the spokesperson said. "

Just saw that.. unbelievable.

Amused to Death

Sounds like Disney really need to rush in the 'call back' option to their call center... the amount of hold time and call efforts really isn't acceptable and just soils customer sentiment.

Three hour hold times are perfectly acceptable.
I can't even get through (to the VIP Passholder line) in order to spend three hours on hold. All day yesterday: "All circuits are busy." Today: beep, beep, beep, beep... :banghead:

disneygeek90

What happens if you have a resort booked after 9/26/21? I have an AP which would expire (and be renewed) before then. If I call to get a ticket package to go with my resort booking today (I'm assuming this could be upgraded to AP later?), will I be able to reserve a Park Pass for my stay if it's after 9/26/21 or should I just wait?
You mean 15 months from now? It's my understanding that resorts aren't available to be booked after 9/26/21 yet.

Kman101

Three hour hold times are perfectly acceptable.

lol. Flynnibus stays trolling
Yikes.

"A Disney spokesperson told CBS MoneyWatch the reservation system had no such glitch. Disney had made the system available Monday first for people with a previous Disney World resort reservation, the spokesperson said. The system will be available for annual pass holders this Friday and for the general public on Sunday.

People who couldn’t reserve Monday probably thought it was a glitch, but in reality, they were likely trying to book before it was their turn, the spokesperson said. "

lol. I'm living example of a glitch in the system. The fact that they just can't own it drives me nuts. Ya'll messed up. OWN IT. Not saying we didn't contribute to the issues.

It's literal crap I cant even speak to anyone for two days.

wendysue

We are booked at AS Movies for August, but it's not on the list to be open then. I too, tried calling periodically yesterday and today with no luck. I emailed them yesterday, and we do have some time before August, but if they are now taking new bookings, what are the chances that we will even have a room in August. Since we have plane tickets, ME reserved, park reservations, I wonder if we will have a room? :(

disneygeek90

Why did they think it was smart to open up reservations on Monday to 15 months of guests?

Why did they think it was smart to open up vacation packages on Wednesday for 2021, again tying up the system and lines?

THAT's on them.
I agree I have no idea why they would want to add in resorts for 6 months from now. Why not wait until the end of July? No reason to add in all this extra unnecessary traffic.

Mainahman

We are booked at AS Movies for August, but it's not on the list to be open then. I too, tried calling periodically yesterday and today with no luck. I emailed them yesterday, and we do have some time before August, but if they are now taking new bookings, what are the chances that we will even have a room in August. Since we have plane tickets, ME reserved, park reservations, I wonder if we will have a room? :(
you will need to call and get Guest services. where POP is going to be open, and depending what part of august AoA opens they will move you at their cost.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Why did they think it was smart to open up reservations on Monday to 15 months of guests?

Why did they think it was smart to open up vacation packages on Wednesday for 2021, again tying up the system and lines?

THAT's on them.
I think they’re trying to give people the ability to move out of 2020. To do that they had to open 2021.

I have found booking 2021 online today to be breezy and painless. I think I stared at space mountain for a total of about 90 seconds

mfortis

Interesting that they mention resort only reservations for 2021 but not the people with resort only reservations this year and no tickets. I expected an announcement for reopening tickets purchase for those that had a resort reservation prior to the closures.
I have a DVC reservation for late August and don’t have tickets yet. I am hoping this gets announced soon.

mickeymiss

THAT's on them.
Who is eligble to book things today and what are they able to do?

Kman101

Who is eligble to book things today and what are they able to do?

You can book vacation packages for 2021. I don't think the whole year though. Official Disney Resort hotels only though. Sounds like making an actual reservation isn't difficult. I guess it also opens it up to those who want to move their trip??

I don't need to change my trip so I'm a little salty I can't get through today. I had hoped the call volume would calm down. Of course not.

Magic Feather

I think there may also be more than 3 "buckets" of reservations. There might be other ticket types getting spots set aside, perhaps for internal use or some of the biggest customers (Club? Golden Oak?). Not sure what those other buckets would be but they definitely exist.
I know exactly what you are talking about with those extra “buckets.” That said, as it was explained to me, those exist mostly so that there would 99.9% of the time have all reservations available for all parks for groups like Golden Oak, Club 33, Corporate, and VIPs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom