News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Yes. We have been doing this is waves for almost a year now. Started not the west coast, next go-live is July 20th and its all being done virtually instead of traveling and being in person. Luckily the legacy system is AS400 and many have used it over the years. Which helps make training a bit easier. It is fun though. My 6 months in LA was the best.. Disneyland every other day!
Do they use Prism?!?

mickeymiss

I'm so confused and frustrated. We have been eligible to modify since yesterday but we can't get through to anyone on the phone. We tried multiple numbers. Busy signal. It seems like people who are traveling later this year and next year are being forced to compete for CM access with the people going this summer. I want to sort out my resort because ours will be closed and we want to make sure we get moved ASAP or else the trip is rather pointless lol. I also wanted to see about a few other time sensitive changes. What gives?

sjhym333

Disney's IT has been a mess for years. This week's mess was Disney's doing by not staggering resort guests making park reservations. It's amazing that Disney didn't see thousands of guests many of them using multiple platforms in the hopes of getting a park reservation would cause the system to crash or whatever it did.

flutas

Interesting. I guess that seems to confirm @Magic Feather 's comment from earlier that the tickets may have their own allotment of pools based on the 3 ticket/reservation type in the calendar. I guess that remains for the foreseeable future?

I'm betting after the phased opening of the system, it will be the same pool of allotment for all. Basically I think they held back X number from the total and will release them when APs go live. If my theory is right you will see resort stays be able to book the "sold out" days when APs go live as well.

Gillyanne

next block doesn’t open until the 24th and it will only be APs w/o a reservation who are limited to 3 days and likely to be local and want to go in July.

This is what I'm hoping for. We still tend to take a week off work (here and there) and only hit up the world then. Next one is 30 Aug - 04 Sept So i'll book 3 days (Tu-Th), and hope maybe fourth (F) after using the first. We then have planned a week in Nov. None of our visit stays are on WDW property, so we'll be stuck to our 3 days for Sept first, and then after that trip snag our Nov. If other non resort AP holders are going to go more for the "rolling" 3 days closer to present dates, this will hopefully leave our weeks open for us to snag up when we can (I really hope that wording makes sense) Plus if come Friday all the 3 day only APs are logging on early to get those earlier dates, I can just wait until later in the day for my Sept :)

I also am curious if once everything is in place and parks open, if they'll allow any extra "day of" reservations, say AP holder that has 3 days in the future already booked, but if the day of there's availability, they could book that day before heading to the park w/o having to cancel any of their later 3 days....

mickeymiss

Disney's IT has been a mess for years. This week's mess was Disney's doing by not staggering resort guests making park reservations. It's amazing that Disney didn't see thousands of guests many of them using multiple platforms in the hopes of getting a park reservation would cause the system to crash or whatever it did.
Why don’t they have a separate phone line to deal with different questions? We were supposed to be eligible to make changes yesterday but the phones were busy. They are still busy. We even tried the specific number they displayed to call specifically to modify. I am expecting that we won’t get through and certain options won’t be available to us anymore.

MaximumEd

An update to my post from yesterday about our reservation. We were booked from July 13-22 at the All Stars. Got moved to Pop today for no additional charge. Just have to get dining sorted out and hope they don’t change their mind on opening and we will be set. Been trying to make a trip happen since March.

Ben_since_1971

Have you tried this?

Sunuvagun - that worked for me. I was cruising along fine yesterday, and my fifth park day was after a scheduled rest day (so no park reservation. I got the fifth, but the sixth and seventh were no go. Following this tip, I deleted the fifth day, and sure enough I could schedule 5-7, but working backwards. Ok - so now I have 3 items to discuss with them - when will I see the refund for MNSSHP, remove the PH+ from my tickets, and what to do about my POR reservation.

Gillyanne

Hmm. No. I don't want to lose DHS on the 15th so I'm hesitating doing it but I may give it a try, I don't necessarily *need* to be at DHS on opening day.

Maybe just canceling just the last day (unless that is DHS)? [I think] Someone else mentioned when it stopped letting them do it, they deleted just the last one, and then tried again and did more

prmatz

Thank you for contributing this. I had been wondering the same thing. It seems you and I are the only ones holding non-hotel-linked tickets!

So to confirm, a CM told you that the new park reservation system will not allow you to reserve, say, three days in one month and three days in another month, using a single 6-day pass? They must be used in a single 10-day period?

This is logical, of course, as those were the expectations at time of purchase (and the reason for the "volume discount." However, it is misleading for the tickets currently to read, "valid any of the dates..." They ought to read, "may be used within ten days of any of the valid starting dates...." or some such.

Did the CM explain how the reservation system will restrict this?
I'm about 50 pages behind, so I'm not sure if there has been any clarification here. So we have a 6-day ticket. We are hoping to use 2 days this winter, and 4 next summer. A CM on the chat indicated that this would not work, as there is still an expiration date on the tickets (I think he said needed to use within 9 days). I explained to him what it says in MDE... and he was then a little less confident. So I'm at a loss. My wife tried to call today for clarification, but was cut off after 3 hours. Hopefully someone else has some clarification here...

Kman101

Maybe just canceling just the last day (unless that is DHS)? [I think] Someone else mentioned when it stopped letting them do it, they deleted just the last one, and then tried again and did more

Ok. That's interesting. Do you have to book the park days in a certain order? So strange lol. I'll give it a try, couldn't hurt. I may just have to wait it out or try calling tomorrow in the hopes they're less busy.

Gillyanne

Ok. That's interesting. Do you have to book the park days in a certain order? So strange lol. I'll give it a try, couldn't hurt. I may just have to wait it out or try calling tomorrow in the hopes they're less busy.

that i'm not sure, I'm AP no resort reservation so I haven't been able to play in the system yet. It's just something I think I remember someone mentioning yesterday. I'll see if I can find the post....

Hawg G

It will be interesting how parks look by the end of the month. I assume DHS and MK will by far be more popular than AK and Epcot. Few will be willing to spend a full day ticket for one of those parks.

But even then, with no M&Gs at MK, or fireworks or parade. Hopefully after the initial rush, demand is fairly low, and Disney gives a lower priced ticket option. Spending an old non expiring park hopper on an 8 hour park day with super limited entertainment is REALLY hard to justify.

I’m sure I won’t get the park hopper price difference refunded every day.

Kman101

Just tried deleting the last park reservation but it still caps me at three. I may try deleting them all but I think it's just a glitch I can't get past on my own.

Gillyanne

Just tried deleting the last park reservation but it still caps me at three. I may try deleting them all but I think it's just a glitch I can't get past on my own.

Booooo..... One other thing (I don't remember your history) is this only a single person in the group, or is it a whole group? If it's the latter, maybe try splitting it up? (or if you're the "odd man out" I guess that blows that theory)

PS: here are some of the other ones i found, but we already know it didn't work for you....

I deleted the fifth reservation in the app. Afterward, I was able to make reservations for all remaining days. Might be worth trying to delete the last reservation made for those who are not AP and find themselves unable to make all their reservations.
That is what I saw when I had my problem with making more.

The resolution was to delete the last reservation made, and that cleared it up.

DisneyJoe

My theory on the poor performance of Disney's web sites is that there are a lot of legacy systems involved that have to be interacted with in many of the transactions. So it doesn't matter if it's an internal facing or guest facing site, they all suffer from similar issues. The system is only as good as the weakest (and slowest) part of the system, and no amount of throwing more web servers is going to help with it.

What is perhaps surprising is that those legacy systems that are the bottleneck have existed for so long and never been updated.
From what I have heard and can surmise, they have moved many systems to AWS (and yes, still have legacy systems that are causing issues), but even the AWS systems and thousands of AWS applications aren't configured properly to handle the load.

They also don't have proper testing in place.

Kman101

Booooo..... One other thing (I don't remember your history) is this only a single person in the group, or is it a whole group? If it's the latter, maybe try splitting it up? (or if you're the "odd man out" I guess that blows that theory)

PS: here are some of the other ones i found, but we already know it didn't work for you....

I'm the only one but I was forced to include three other people in my hotel reservation when I added it to MDE. They don't have MDE, tickets and they aren't on the actual hotel reservation. I wonder if that's causing problems? I have no idea. I guess I really just need to call and talk to someone, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom