Disney Park Announcements during D23 Expo (Sept 10-13)

PhotoDave219

It's a continuing pattern. Instead of dealing with the facts at hand, there are some posters who make it personal because they don't have the facts on their side.

You mean the people who constantly attack Epcot or bash Disney for not fixing every crack of paint?

EPCOT Explorer

I'm not talking about any individual. I'd just like people to be able to defend or critisize on facts, not out of some knee jerk agenda.

It's not the criticism of D23 that initially bothered me, it was the very mean spirited attacks on those that defended the concept here on these boards. It's a continuing pattern. Instead of dealing with the facts at hand, there are some posters who make it personal because they don't have the facts on their side.

D64 does not bother me, it was kind of clever. It's the reactionary nature of it that does. It was created before the facts were in, thereby demonstrating that it's "adherents" :lol: already have their minds made up about Disney management. And it is "dangerous" to disagree with them. The critics show that they embody everything they claim they despise.

You are just an innocent bystander caught up in it I think.

Ah. Well...When you quoted me....:shrug:

Mean spirited attacks? Like I said...It's on both sides of the fence. Just look at this thread.

Facts...Sure. Most of it is opinion anyway.:wave:

D64 was not created before the facts were out. It was about a full week after the D23 Page ran it's countdown page...Which had a glitch....and failed to do anything at the time of 00:00:00...:rolleyes:. I gave it time. I didn't like what I saw. Obviously other people agree. When should we have created it, then? After it's all said and done, and just to say that it's not doing well? :lol: There's no logic in that.

My mind was not made up. It is still open and ready to be impressed. I'm looking forward to the D23 convention. Should be a good event full of all the things we like best: Disney.

Bystander? Sure...:lookaroun:lol:

MKCP 1985

Servo & EE, please stop spamming this thread with your propaganda - it adds mothing to the subject of the expo. You are the two co-founders of your club and if you are not desperate for attention, please stop acting like you are.

As for the expo, in addition to the parks expansion exhibits, the screenings of unreleased movies and the seminars with key company personnel, I was pleased to see there will be lots of Disney memorabilia for sale by vendors.

Combining a trip to Disneyland with a day or two at the expo would be a great time! I hope to make it next year.

I suspect people who go will be talking about the first D23 expo for a long time!

EpcotServo

Servo & EE, please stop spamming this thread with your propaganda - it adds mothing to the subject of the expo. You are the two co-founders of your club and if you are not desperate for attention, please stop acting like you are.

I'm sorry you consider replying to your posts as Spam.
:shrug:

(Seriously, yeah. No, I'm gonna' leave everything you say unanswered. Last I checked it's more than fair to let dissenting opinions about your words be said and spoken without prejudice or slander, that being the nature of human conversation and understanding. )

And let it be noted that I haven't posted ONCE in this thread until I replied to you, and have spoken not a word of such negative comments about D23 or the expo at all in this thread, as you falsely accuse. All I've done is defend the name, which you yourself brought up in a negative light, which as I said, I will always reply to and fight as long as I have a soul.

"We must not confuse Dissent with Disloyalty"
-Edward R. Murrow

Roxas

You mean the people who constantly attack Epcot or bash Disney for not fixing every crack of paint?

Those cracks of paint have been there for a whole week already, TDO is dragging the resort down in an evil plot to destroy all that we love through homogenisation and the dumbing down of EPCOT CENTRE.

:drevil:

MousDad

It was always planned this way. Something like the expo does not just happen. The folks who supported the D23 concept early on got critisized for "defending the man" in a very mean spirited manner. Now when everything is becoming more clear, those same critics seem to be taking credit for the D23 offerings even though they had nothing to do with it. What they should be doing is apologizing to the people that had it right in the first place.

*steps off soap box because there is no point in waiting around for the apology*

Holy cow, jt - that was perfectly clean underwear I was wearing. A man can only laugh so hard, you know.

[wipes eyes]

TP2000

Maybe if the Expo is big enough this year they'll do a double expo one in WDW and one in the Anaheim Convention Center in the future. :shrug:

They don't have a facility large enough on WDW property to handle the scale and scope of the D23 Expo.

The nearest spot they could do it would be the Orlando OC Convention Center, which is one of the largest centers in the USA, but is far removed from Disney property and the Disney "vibe". It would be a logistical nightmare to move tens of thousands of people back and forth from I-Drive to WDW over several days.

Anaheim has it all within a few minutes walk of each other, and has room to expand to the Disneyland and Grand Californian Hotels in the future. To do a D23 Expo on WDW property would create a chopped up event spread over several venues far apart from each other, and it wouldn't be the same scene as having it all under one roof and/or within walking distance;

Exhibition/Meeting Space:

Anaheim Convention Center - 960,000 Square Feet
Disneyland Hotel Convention Center - 135,000 Square Feet
Disney's Grand Californian Conference Center - 35,000 Square Feet
Disney's Paradise Pier Conference Center - 20,000 Square Feet

Anaheim/DLR Total - 1.1 Million Square Feet

WDW Coronado Springs Convention Center - 145,000 Square Feet
WDW Contemporary Convention Center - 115,000 Square Feet
WDW Yacht & Beach Convention Center - 70,000 Square Feet
WDW Grand Floridian Conference Center - 40,000 Square Feet
WDW Boardwalk Conference Center - 20,000 Square Feet

WDW Total - 400,000 Square Feet

The numbers tell the story why the D23 Expo has reserved the entire Anaheim Convention Center for the second week of September every year through 2012.

EPCOT Explorer

As for the expo, in addition to the parks expansion exhibits, the screenings of unreleased movies and the seminars with key company personnel, I was pleased to see there will be lots of Disney memorabilia for sale by vendors.

Combining a trip to Disneyland with a day or two at the expo would be a great time! I hope to make it next year.

I suspect people who go will be talking about the first D23 expo for a long time!
MKCP, you make it sound like we are at war. Cut the melodramatics....It's opinion versus opinion. I'm sorry you can't see ours. I see yours, and I respect it.

Our opinion has a name, that is all. D64.

Like I said...Expo looks great! I wish I could attend....I most likely would if I were a local.:wave:
I'm sorry you consider replying to your posts as Spam.
:shrug:

(Seriously, yeah. No, I'm gonna' leave everything you say unanswered. Last I checked it's more than fair to let dissenting opinions about your words be said and spoken without prejudice or slander, that being the nature of human conversation and understanding. )

And let it be noted that I haven't posted ONCE in this thread until I replied to you, and have spoken not a word of such negative comments about D23 or the expo at all in this thread, as you falsely accuse. All I've done is defend the name, which you yourself brought up in a negative light, which as I said, I will always reply to and fight as long as I have a soul.

"We must not confuse Dissent with Disloyalty"
-Edward R. Murrow
Well done, sir.:wave::D
Holy cow, jt - that was perfectly clean underwear I was wearing. A man can only laugh so hard, you know.

[wipes eyes]
:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Think that will be amazing. :)

Of course, it depends on if it plans to be area-specific...

I would hope. Would be better if they were to have one to focus on each resort seeing that they are using D23 as a method of communication and press to announce new projects.

Something to be noted, I heartily agree with that.:)

TTA_CoP

I would hope. Would be better if they were to have one to focus on each resort seeing that they are using D23 as a method of communication and press to announce new projects.

Something to be noted, I heartily agree with that.:)

This is what I'm hoping happens. Although I won't be a bit surprised if DL/DCA and Shanghai get a bit more exposure then WDW.
BTW: 1st post. I've been lurking here for quite a bit, to try to get a feel for these forums, and I can safely say these forums always find a way to........entertain me :)

EPCOTPluto

This is what I'm hoping happens. Although I won't be a bit surprised if DL/DCA and Shanghai get a bit more exposure then WDW.
BTW: 1st post. I've been lurking here for quite a bit, to try to get a feel for these forums, and I can safely say these forums always find a way to........entertain me :)
Welcome! :wave:

I would think of something exciting as another Disney park would gain more attention than a new project for WDW as well...

EPCOT Explorer

Yup. :)

Looking forward to these announcements as a key to the future if it truly happens...
Same here. Seeing how they do it and seeing how they use D23 will really be a proofing ground for the whole thing IMHO.

Welcome!:wave:

I think they will, if that is the case. However, there is always something to be said for WDW, and especially the FL Plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom