News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

ToTBellHop

It's all starting to make sense now, so what will the new Name for the park be? Tower of Terror needs to go (it is not a Disney IP), RnRC needs to go too. Indy is a show about making movies and not about a movie...needs to go. Then we have Disney IP land and it was all started with a Mouse (or maybe a lucky rabbit). Park complete with a new theme, time to expand it.
Tower could stay, but I hear it will become just Tower of Terror. Same general story, just no Rod.

RoysCabin

Yeah, it'd be hard to find fault with a Mickey-based attraction, particularly one that utilizes a show building of that size, but it doesn't change that there is no reason to get rid of GMR and once again do nothing to increase the actual number of attractions at the Studios; the core problems still remain.

But yeah, this could make the best of a bad situation.

Mawg

Tower could stay, but I hear it will become just Tower of Terror. Same general story, just no Rod.
What Disney IP would of Tower or Terror be based on? We all want a park that has a cohesive theme. It must be rethemed to Disney IP. I love the ride the way it is but we can't have it both ways.

ToTBellHop

Yeah, it'd be hard to find fault with a Mickey-based attraction, particularly one that utilizes a show building of that size, but it doesn't change that there is no reason to get rid of GMR and once again do nothing to increase the actual number of attractions at the Studios; the core problems still remain.

But yeah, this could make the best of a bad situation.
I feel like we are forced to have that attitude a lot lately.

This sounds to me like it'll be a great ride, at least.

the.dreamfinder

Your posts are making me want to drown my sorrows... and I'm taking medicine for a sinus infection that prohibits the consumption of a beverage that would sooth my bleeding soul.

Bob has an MBA from an Ivy League university. What are they teaching in B schools nowadays? Must have changed in the thirty years since I graduated. Before the likes of Jack Welch and the "increase shareholder wealth is your only goal" mantra that has become the norm. But Bob and I are close in age. They must teach business differently in a public school, like I attended.

I swear, there are times I want to burn my diploma......
Neither the weatherman or Chappie hold MBAs from Ivy League schools. (Iger was a communications major and Chapek's MBA is from a state school.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No way. Did you??? I follow you pretty closely and missed that. Where?

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/hollywood-studios-park-wide-changes-incoming.915948/page-2#post

Post 38

image.jpeg

ToTBellHop

What Disney IP would of Tower or Terror be based on? We all want a park that has a cohesive theme. It must be rethemed to Disney IP. I love the ride the way it is but we can't have it both ways.
There is a Disney themed Tower of Terror IP. That happens to be set in our Tower of Terror. I'm sure Steve is available if they really need to force IP in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom