News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The site that shall not be named is reporting that the RUMORED IP is going to be Mickey Mouse. If this is true then I am personally all for it since it is about time Mickey received a proper ride. I turn my attention to @marni1971 and @WDW1974 . I understand you obviously can't confirm but is there any sort of truth to this rumor?
Does it now...

Though they have their dates wrong.

ToTBellHop

The site that shall not be named is reporting that the RUMORED IP is going to be Mickey Mouse. If this is true then I am personally all for it since it is about time Mickey received a proper ride. I turn my attention to @marni1971 and @WDW1974 . I understand you obviously can't confirm but is there any sort of truth to this rumor?
This rumor is correct. A ride that should have been built behind the current Launch Bay, using the Animation pavilion as a queue. But, alas...

I think people will really enjoy this ride and it even works as a centerpiece for the park. They just should have also kept GMR with some modest updates.

Magenta Panther

I was just wondering this morning....if the Chinese Theater is staying, but a new attraction is opening up in it...what the heck kind of attraction would fit in it? I mean, it's the Chinese Theater. It's extremely well-known, iconic, it doesn't look like anything else so how...? Unless it's the fact that it DOES kind of look like a temple, doesn't it? And then I wondered if an Indiana Jones ride was going to go in there...

But wow, Mickey Mouse!!!! WOOO!!!!! Fist pump! Best news I've read here in AGES! Celebrate!!!!!

FigmentForver96

This rumor is correct. A ride that should have been built behind the current Launch Bay, using the Animation pavilion as a queue. But, alas...

I think people will really enjoy this ride and it even works as a centerpiece for the park. They just should have also kept GMR with some modest updates.
Wait....what????

clemmo

Sounds not bad surprisingly. Any chance this will include kind of a tribute to Walt?

RobbinsDad

OK then, I can dig that. HS still needs more, but I'm not totally depressed now. Just functionally depressed.

RobbinsDad

I was just wondering this morning....if the Chinese Theater is staying, but a new attraction is opening up in it...what the heck kind of attraction would fit in it? I mean, it's the Chinese Theater. It's extremely well-known, iconic, it doesn't look like anything else so how...? Unless it's the fact that it DOES kind of look like a temple, doesn't it? And then I wondered if an Indiana Jones ride was going to go in there...

But wow, Mickey Mouse!!!! WOOO!!!!! Fist pump! Best news I've read here in AGES! Celebrate!!!!!
I think the Chinese Theatre backdrop works perfectly for this, especially if the ride is a celebration of Mickey through the years. Seriously, is there anything more Hollywood than Mickey Mouse?

Lee

Adventurer
Well...that didn't take long to come out.
Secrets are getting harder to keep these days...:cool:

But...meh...I prefer an updated GMR.

Mawg

It's all starting to make sense now, so what will the new Name for the park be? Tower of Terror needs to go (it is not a Disney IP), RnRC needs to go too. Indy is a show about making movies and not about a movie...needs to go. Then we have Disney IP land and it was all started with a Mouse (or maybe a lucky rabbit). Park complete with a new theme, time to expand it.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot

You've just made my day. Any thoughts of what it might encompass? A celebration of Mickey Mouse taking us through the various stages of Mickey? I think, if done correctly, this can be an extraordinary attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom