News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Monorail_Red_77

Wouldn't surprise me from this company.

How many rides does DLR need?!?! I thought they built WDW because they didn't have room for this kind of expansion out West. And yet, WDW ends up getting new rides that almost always replace old.

Why build on said land, when you can de-annex it or sell it off. :facepalm: :banghead:

Wish we'd see more true expanding going on around here (WDW).

dreamscometrue

Steps to not freaking out due to discussion board rumors:
1. Believe it when it happens. This is not to say that well connected insiders have incorrect info, it just means that plans often change.
2. Wait to see what the new attraction is. And I don't mean wait until it's announced or we see some concept art; I mean wait until you ride it.
3. Be upset or happy.
4. Freak out or rejoice accordingly.
(Important note: Changing the order of the aforementioned steps is not permitted and is nonsensical.)

Magenta Panther

I'm worried this will be more "Get a Horse" than any of the genuinely funny new Mickey shorts on YouTube.

Those are great, aren't they? But I hope that the new attraction features all of the ages and aspects of Mickey. As for "Get a Horse"...yeah, technically, it was amazing. But I didn't really care for the storyline (poor Clarabelle), and it was more spectacle than anything else. Though it WAS cool that Oswald got a cameo! :)

Matt_Black

Those are great, aren't they? But I hope that the new attraction features all of the ages and aspects of Mickey. As for "Get a Horse"...yeah, technically, it was amazing. But I didn't really care for the storyline (poor Clarabelle), and it was more spectacle than anything else. Though it WAS cool that Oswald got a cameo! :)

The stuff with Clarabelle I assumed was poking fun at the old timey censorship rules about showing cow udders.

spresso81

If there is any IP that could go here, it is Mickey. Let's be honest, without Mickey there most likely would be no Disneyland or DisneyWorld. When you think of it, it is pretty crazy that Mickey has never been the center of a true E-ticket. To make him the central focus of a park is a very interesting development.

It will be interesting how this new ride fits into the updated theme of the park. Still would be nice to have an additional ride but all things rumored to replace the GMR over time this sounds like the best idea yet.

Magenta Panther

If theyre planning to close that many rides at a time they should just close down the whole park and open in a couple years with a new name. There would only be TSMM, RRR, TOT, and star tours right? If I paid for a park ticket for just those 4 I'd be mad

I wonder if all of Hollywood Boulevard will be rethemed in some way...kind of like a Mickey's Hollywood, instead of a general Old Hollywood? I hope not. Because then, how would the Tower fit in?

csmat99

I crack up at the poeple who have no "attachment" to any particular attractions because they have only been visitng for a few years or just dont care and are in favor of anythign new. Do they not realize that its been quite awhile since Disney built (or even refurbed) an attraction that can acutally create said "attachment", (at WDW) that they are lacking? Maybe they dont want the attachment because they wont be lifelong guests as other people are. Maybe they dont care, maybe they dont understand. Pepperdige Farms remembers!
I couldn't agree more but also it's the sign of our times. My generation you grew up with companies and things they sold that were around for 60,70, even 100 years. Now with the way things are our young people are used to having things they are only around a year or two. Brand new 700 iphone oh I will get rid of it next year for the next one. Dublin Dr Pepper around since 1885. Then 2012 Dr pepper corporate didn't like Dublin was actually doing too good so they pulled their license and took them over. Corporate greed at it's worst. Bud, Miller Lite? Owned by same Belgium company.

csmat99

I imagine that too.

Well.... mostly....
If I remember correctly the ride system will be trackless correct? I hate to say this but how big is the building for Toad at DL? That would be the logical area to put it unless they plan on building a brand new building.

tmthomas52

If I remember correctly the ride system will be trackless correct? I hate to say this but how big is the building for Toad at DL? That would be the logical area to put it unless they plan on building a brand new building.

I could see them replacing Roger Rabbit with this attraction since their have been a lot of rumors of its demise.

World_Showcase_Lover007

I wouldn't be shocked if they turned it into a restaurant. According to WDW management's way of thinking, attractions don't turn a direct profit; restaurants and retails stores do.

Matt_Black

I wonder if all of Hollywood Boulevard will be rethemed in some way...kind of like a Mickey's Hollywood, instead of a general Old Hollywood? I hope not. Because then, how would the Tower fit in?

God, I hope not. I love the old 40s theme.

I know many aren't keen on Marvel in the parks, but this is one area where it could be useful if they were allowed in Florida. Captain America and Peggy Carter are a perfect fit for that area (not to mention other Golden Age characters).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom