News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

SportsGoofy

Thank you, Gilbert! BTW, loved you in the new Sharknado!

Here's the new poster....
sc1470246338@2X.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Steps to not freaking out due to discussion board rumors:
1. Believe it when it happens. This is not to say that well connected insiders have incorrect info, it just means that plans often change.
2. Wait to see what the new attraction is. And I don't mean wait until it's announced or we see some concept art; I mean wait until you ride it.
3. Be upset or happy.
4. Freak out or rejoice accordingly.
(Important note: Changing the order of the aforementioned steps is not permitted and is nonsensical.)

1. Freak out or rejoice accordingly.
2. Wait for Disney to announce it officially.
3. Freak out or rejoice accordingly.
4. Wait for the first concept art
5. Freak out or rejoice accordingly.
6. Wait to see the first on ride video
7. Freak out or rejoice accordingly.
8. Wait until you ride it.
9. Freak out or rejoice accordingly.
10. Wait for Disney to announce it's closing.
11. Freak out or rejoice accordingly.

Biff215

Then they should have closed that ridiculous SW memorabilia exhibit aka Animation Building, and put this attraction right there! This is one of those moments where I wish I was a fly on the wall when this was discussed and agreed upon.
No doubt this could fit perfectly into the old Animation courtyard. It's not like Launch Bay should remain once SWL opens, leaving yet another area of the park needing to be addressed. No reason to displace GMR when it is badly needed in the attraction lineup right now.

clemmo

How nice that this building has a flat floor to accommodate a ride system we have long wanted in FL. And the kiddies who can't ride the trackless SWL ride can go on this.
Why wouldn't they be able to ride trackless SWL ride, is it supposed to be intense/have a higher height limit?

KingOfEpicocity

It would be awesome to have it start in 1930s Hollywood. With the beginning of Mickey Mouse. That would actually fit into Hollywood Blvd. but it'll most likely not have anything to do with anything. Hope at least they use the new Mickey design. Love those new shorts.

clemmo

I am guessing the star wars trackless ride will be more intense and have a lot of thrills. If it didn't people would be disappointed. With that the height requirement is probably higher than too.
So both rides will have more of a thrill element? I personally can't tolerate some rides due to motion sickness so hopefully at least one won't be too bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom