Disney-MGM Studios updates

WDWBro

Disney will most likely send us the BPB from DCA because they don't tend to clone Parades.

That's what I thought, but I also don't think that they're big on taking from DCA and sending to MGM with all of the struggles DCA is having.

But, hey, I'm probably wrong.

cymbaldiva

[*]Rock 'n' Roller Coaster will be going down for a major refurbishment from Labor Day to the beginning of October.

Any chance the date on that is off or perhaps even negotiable? I'll be off to the World for my first trip since Dec '00 - arriving September 11th :(

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
i would think if they took the drew carey show+ABC thearter and took that whole area and put a ride there, think that would be enough room to hold a nice sized attraction? its better then one show in abc and drew carey still existing......imo

As much as we all loathe the Drew Carey ride, I think the Disney people recognize the dearth of attractions at MGM. I don't think they'll convert what could be two attractions, into one.

I would be perfectly happy with a new show going into that theater, as long they put SOMETHING in there. Pity they couldn't (or won't) do an update of Superstar Television. Think of the ABC shows they could use- Lost, Grey's Anatomy (what woman wouldn't want to do a scene with Sawyer or McDreamy?), Desperate Housewives (what guy wouldn't wanna do a scene opposite one of the ladies?), Jimmy Kimmel (simlar to the Johnny Carsom sketch in the original), and even some of the Disney channel shows for kids (kids could romp around the hotel with Zack and Cody, for example). It could be fun!

ToTBellHop

That's what I thought, but I also don't think that they're big on taking from DCA and sending to MGM with all of the struggles DCA is having.

But, hey, I'm probably wrong.
DCA is getting a very nice, new parade early next year ;) No worries about DCA.

KingdomHeart

As much as we all loathe the Drew Carey ride, I think the Disney people recognize the dearth of attractions at MGM. I don't think they'll convert what could be two attractions, into one.

I would be perfectly happy with a new show going into that theater, as long they put SOMETHING in there. Pity they couldn't (or won't) do an update of Superstar Television. Think of the ABC shows they could use- Lost, Grey's Anatomy (what woman wouldn't want to do a scene with Sawyer or McDreamy?), Desperate Housewives (what guy wouldn't wanna do a scene opposite one of the ladies?), Jimmy Kimmel (simlar to the Johnny Carsom sketch in the original), and even some of the Disney channel shows for kids (kids could romp around the hotel with Zack and Cody, for example). It could be fun!

Superstar Television was always a highlight of my family's trip. I have felt it was something sorely lacking in MGM since it left. I never enjoyed the Drew Carey or the WWTBAM attraction. I definitely miss SST and the old MSS.

It's sort of sad the downward decline poor MGM has taken over the years. It just needs some attention, maybe two new attractions, and am I glad to hear they're doing SOMETHING, especially with Disney-Pixar Studios opening at the other end, though I wish it was more.

-Nick

drew81

I would love to see something about LOST!

Piebald

I think a problem that lies with putting an ATTRACTION as oppose to a scheduled show in the ABC theater is that it sits right along the parade route.

Eyorefan

I don't think MGM needs anymore shows, (unless you are updating the ones that are there now). What it needs are attrations. (Indy)

Enigma

Account Suspended
Ugh whatever they do please keep disney channel and ABC stuff out of the parks. LOST is cool but I don't want them to start having tie-ins to stuff like gray's anatomy in the parks.

The Studios park should feature stuff from disney animation, Disney film, pixar animation, Pixar film, Jim Henson stuff, and Lucasfilm movies.

Disneyfalcon

Okay, I admit it. I almost cried when I saw the part about Rock N Roller Coaster. We'll be there Sep 22-29 and my dd was SO excited she is finally tall enough to ride it! I understand but I'm so sad.:cry:

CoasterKing

Any chance the date on that is off or perhaps even negotiable? I'll be off to the World for my first trip since Dec '00 - arriving September 11th :(

Oh, PLEASE, don't let RNRC be on Refurb in Sep!!:mad:

Our trip is Sep 15 to the 22nd!!:brick:

Needless to say, my favorite ride is RNRC. If I would have known this, I would have booked our vacation differently. But now it's too late as multiple work schedules have already been worked out and the such.:cry:

Darn the luck, I understand about needing refurbs and all, but this is just a plain old bummer. :mad: Well gosh, I guess we'll just have to come back next year.:rolleyes: :sohappy:

CoasterKing :king:

WDWFigment

Screamscape reports the same thing today:

Screamscape.com said:
6/28/07) Lots of changes are in store for the Disney-MGM Theme Park, revealed to Cast Members in a series of meetings this week from Disney World management. Confirmed new additions include the arrival of the Block Party Bash parade from California Adventure sometime in March 2008, an updated Playhouse Disney show will open in February 2008 following a month long closure of the theater. A new show of some kind will open in the ABC Theater in May 2008, though details were not given. Many expect this to possibly be a new indoor version of the High School Musical show. Jedi Academy will now be a permanent fixture in front of Star Tours that will take place on an all new stage that will be built. Over at the Toy Story Mania area of the park, that entire back area will be renamed Pixar Place. It was also revealed that the old Soundstage 1 building formerly used for the Mickey Meet & Greet area will not be used for Toy Story Mania but is being reserved for another new attraction that will come online in 2009-2010. Given the size of the space in the area, including the now unused building once used for the walking portion of the backstage tour, and some would like to think that another Pixar based attraction could be headed here, such as Crush’s Coaster, but that’s just random speculation at this point and not even a rumor. The park is planning some kind of lightning effects updates to add to the Sorcerer’s Hat in the future and the Playhouse Disney concert series will return this fall but take place in a backstage parking lot area next to Rock ‘n Roller Coaster and take place around the time of the coaster’s planned rehab.

Looks like some good times are in store for MGM!

darthjohnny

I wonder if it's true that it will be the new, and third version, of High School Musical Pep Rally. I wonder if it could pull the same crowds in now that it would have specific times and a specific place instead of having a lot of people walking by and being attracted to the show.

Just wondering, is there any word on updating the High School Musical Pep Rally in general with new music now that the sequel is coming out on the Disney Channel in August?

disnyfan89

My only issue with them converting the ABC theater into High School Musical is that they just spent money on a place to store the brand new float for the prep rally!

Piebald

Is RnRc a definite? We went last Jan, and it was down then too:brick: . We'll be there Sept. 15-22...sooooo sad:cry:

Yes it is a definite and they're taking advantage of the refurb to do the Playhouse Disney Live concerts adjacent to the show building (where they usually have the ESPN zone for ESPN Weekend). They're gonna build a temporary tent to house the performances (most likely the big performances i.e. Wiggles/Doodlebops since previously they "sold out" the Indy theater all the time).

There are also new maps for CMs to illustrate the closing of Mickey Avenue. I'm too lazy to get it but someone else can easily get one and scan it or something. They'll be available in like two weeks anyways for everyone. It's really no big change except take out the soundstages from the map, replace them with trees and a little box that says "FUTURE SITE OF TOY STORY MANIA". It is scheduled to open SPRING 2008 (Mickey Avenue itself and I'm assuming TSM) so I guess rumors of Toy Story opening up by the end of this year may not be looking too good...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If it's so definate - what are the exact dates? What is the extent of the work? And why hasn't it shown up on any calendars yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom