Disney-MGM Studios updates

drew81

I'm just wondering where the Playhouse characters are going to be put in the Animation Courtyard...anyone hear anything else???

ToTBellHop

there are definitely discussions now about an Indiana Jones E-Ticket. We'll see if it happens--Disney is returning to speaking terms with Lucas, and if Indy 4 is successful, we very well might expect an enormous E-Ticket themed like a Mayan temple based on Indy's adventures in the 4th film. Since the film opens next summer, 2009-2010 is a logical timeframe. Indy 4 is taping in my city next week, so I'll let you know if it looks like it'll be a good film haha

They have rethemed half of New Haven to look like it's in the 1950s this week! Too cool

Vernonpush

[*]Another major (e-ticket) ride will possibly be opening in 2009-2010 (nothing confirmed yet).[/LIST]

I'm crossing my fingers for Indy...but my secret wish is for a REAL Muppet ride. Probably won't be either, but I can dream. :)

Thanks for the updates!

AEfx

I'm hoping for Indy, but they said it was going into Soundstage 1. Not much room there ...
Anytime :)

Hmmm...I wonder if any of our resident experts on proposals and associated locations can narrow it down for us. I'm no insider, but I do read what is posted, and I can't think of any blue-sky ride I've heard for that area. Just how big is it, anyway (comparatively)? It's hard to tell from the available maps.

AEfx

Stage 1 is pretty large. Pretty much half that building it will share with TSM.
I have a vague idea what they're thinking, but will need more confirmation before going out on a limb and being specific.

See, I knew someone trustworthy would be along and know, LOL.

Being as vague as need be (maybe you can't be any more specific at all, but it's worth a try), is this a fast thing or a slow thing? I.E. "thrill" or so-called "family".

I wouldn't mind a Monsters, Inc. clone from DCA...

AEfx

I doubt the Monsters will appear anywhere else since they have taken up residence in Tomorrowland. Too many other Pixar properties to exploit to be double dipping.:rolleyes:

Ah, gotchya.

There are a *FEW* unexpolited Pixar properties. ;)

Thanks. :)

AEfx

Just trying to fit the pieces together.:lol:

So...
Superheroes?
Cars?
or Rats?

Is a Cars Area going into DLP?
Isn't there talk/rumor of Incredibles going into the MK?

Will WDW be getting a clone?
Or will it be a "New" ride?

Keyda

I am very glad to hear there might be a Muppet update. It used to be my favorite but after seeing some of the other 4-D it just doesn't have the awe factor anymore. Don't get me wrong I still love it.

Indy can use an update even if it is just them redoing the stunt show

ToTBellHop

of all the times for people to be angry about rides being closed, September is one of them? News to me. It's the off-season. If Disney will close the HM and SSE during the summer, it is very foolish for people to expect there not to be at least one ride at each park closed in the fall...

of all the times for people to be angry about rides being closed, September is one of them? News to me. It's the off-season. If Disney will close the HM and SSE during the summer, it is very foolish for people to expect there not to be at least one ride at each park closed in the fall...

I think its a tricky subject though. Arguably, these are three of the biggest attractions at each park. Especially in MGM right now, there are very slim pickings for quality attractions, and the loss of RNRC makes all the difference. I don't see why the rehab couldn't be postponed for 6 months or so until Toy Story Mania and Pixar Place were finished off in the back to relieve some of the tension. Sure, its the off season, but its more like the not-all-the-way-on season.

imagineer boy

Muppet Vision 3D will be switching over to a digital projection system (not 100% approved yet).

I hope this gets approved! Digital 3-D is amazing. Once this is put in, then Muppets will be 100% cheap 3-D tricks free!

disneydata

Original Poster
I'm just wondering where the Playhouse characters are going to be put in the Animation Courtyard...anyone hear anything else???

If you are looking directly at the entrance to the Playhouse Disney theater, they will have a new meet and greet area built along the wall away to the right.

disneydata

Original Poster
I think its a tricky subject though. Arguably, these are three of the biggest attractions at each park. Especially in MGM right now, there are very slim pickings for quality attractions, and the loss of RNRC makes all the difference. I don't see why the rehab couldn't be postponed for 6 months or so until Toy Story Mania and Pixar Place were finished off in the back to relieve some of the tension. Sure, its the off season, but its more like the not-all-the-way-on season.
RnRC really needs this refurb. It was down for 3 days for major problems and although it was fixed, it still needs work that can't be done only at night. The ride system itself is also flawed and very outdated (and for that matter, a proprietary system that ONLY works at Coaster). The largest part is going to be the new RCS to make it compliant with WDI and safety standards.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Im alittle confused...did the memo to cast members say "MGM will be getting a new e-ticket in 2009" or did it not? I dont get how it can be a rumor if it was sent from Corporate to the cast members..

joekardos

Will the switch to a digital projection system in Muppet Vision 3D mean that the glasses will be polarized (like the Disney Digital release of Meet the Robinsons)?
Or are the glasses already polarized? (I can't quite remember.)

mhead

All sounds good - with the exception of the Block Party Bash part. I HATED THIS PARADE/SHOW whatever it is. Absolute waste of time and it got old really fast. My wife and I finally went into a restaraunt at DCA just to get away from the thing. The good news is I won't ever have to set aside time from rides to go watch it.

Oh and the 3D glasses are already polarized - digital projection will just make it clearer and more "efficient."

AEfx

I hope this gets approved! Digital 3-D is amazing. Once this is put in, then Muppets will be 100% cheap 3-D tricks free!

Remember, though, they still will be dealing with a film that's nearly old enough to vote. It's not going to look like modern films that were designed to be projected digitally.

I'm sure there is a perfect pristine print out there they will use (perhaps it's already stored digitally, probably likely), but the original elements will still show their age. Now don't get me wrong, it will look great I'm sure, probably as good as the show has ever looked, but it won't look "better" because of digital.

My guess is the change is more for durability than anything else - digital doesn't wear out like film, obviously.

I wouldn't mind a NEW film, but that's too much to ask for, LOL. That little 3-D guy was neat and all a decade and a half ago, but when computer animation is used in everything down to local car dealership commercials now it just became a part of the show that DRAG-G-G-S. Not enough Muppets! LOL.

AEfx

disnyfan89

Isn't there a rumor going around that we will be getting a ride similar to the new crush coaster in DLP but themed to another Pixar film. *Cough* Doors *Cough*

Also to the one who suggested Toy Story live was going into the ABC theater I was told it was going to replace Hercules on the Wonder.

Vernonpush

I doubt the Monsters will appear anywhere else since they have taken up residence in Tomorrowland. Too many other Pixar properties to exploit to be double dipping.:rolleyes:

Isn't there a rumor going around that we will be getting a ride similar to the new crush coaster in DLP but themed to another Pixar film. *Cough* Doors *Cough*

Also to the one who suggested Toy Story live was going into the ABC theater I was told it was going to replace Hercules on the Wonder.

Ummm ...no "doors".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom