Disney-MGM Studios updates

Tom Morrow

Is RnRc a definite? We went last Jan, and it was down then too:brick: . We'll be there Sept. 15-22...sooooo sad:cry:

Yes, its now definite - labor day through the end of September.

Oh, Screamscape forgot two things: MuppetVision is probably going to go digital, and the parking lot is going to be repaved.

All in all, by the end of 2008, the Studios will be in great shape! But it will be a bumpy year.

Tom Morrow

Reroute the entrance to the side facing the hat or back on Commissary Lane.
I think the real issue is putting up construction walls around the building - that plus the construction itself would interfere with the parade route too much. Plus, it would be a mess for the park anyway because its in the center of the park.

disneydata

Original Poster
If it's so definate - what are the exact dates? What is the extent of the work? And why hasn't it shown up on any calendars yet?
The exact dates aren't known yet. All we've been told is just after Labor Day to the beginning of October. The majority of the work is on the ride control system. The dates aren't confirmed yet, so they haven't been announced.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The exact dates aren't known yet. All we've been told is just after Labor Day to the beginning of October. The majority of the work is on the ride control system. The dates aren't confirmed yet, so they haven't been announced.

I don't meant to split hairs - but whatever the cast/world/people/LBL-technology has been told, it's not official until it's official. Even then it could be canceled. SSE just dropped it's 2-day closure in June with less then 24 hours notice.

I don't think it's worthwile to get people all freaked out and say it's "definate" when Disney has alluded to it (they alluded to SSE and AA's closures) but not confirmed it. They can change their minds - which we know does happen.

fyn

I don't meant to split hairs - but whatever the cast/world/people/LBL-technology has been told, it's not official until it's official. Even then it could be canceled. SSE just dropped it's 2-day closure in June with less then 24 hours notice.

I don't think it's worthwile to get people all freaked out and say it's "definate" when Disney has alluded to it (they alluded to SSE and AA's closures) but not confirmed it. They can change their minds - which we know does happen.

That's a good reminder for everyone going during *any* supposed closing. Understand that although it may be likely, it's not absolute.

Piebald

On our little Park news channel (the one that almost no one watches/listens to) they kept showing clips of Block Party Bash and informing the audience that it would be headed to the Studios. And yes it's all Pixar characters (a lot of characters you never see at WDW especially).

drew81

On our little Park news channel (the one that almost no one watches/listens to) they kept showing clips of Block Party Bash and informing the audience that it would be headed to the Studios. And yes it's all Pixar characters (a lot of characters you never see at WDW especially).

Like Gypsy, Slim, Smitty, Needleman, Boo, Sanderson etc

disneydata

Original Poster

Disney has in no way "alluded" to it ... the Vice President has confirmed it. It just hasn't been put on the refurb calendar. We knew about this happening back in March/April.

I'm not trying to freak people out, I'd rather not have them plan their vacation if they want to ride. If it's open, then it's a bonus!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Yeah, and Disney would never change their mind on something since April *eye roll*

If it closes, it closes, there is no need to stress people out over something they have no control over. They can't even call and have it confirmed. What are they supposed to do? Reschedule for July? Until we have dates this knowledge is pretty much useless.

It's like me trying to pick a day to be at Epcot with a camera to watch the wand come down. Right now its pointless.

Computer Magic

Disney has in no way "alluded" to it ... the Vice President has confirmed it. It just hasn't been put on the refurb calendar. We knew about this happening back in March/April.

I'm not trying to freak people out, I'd rather not have them plan their vacation if they want to ride. If it's open, then it's a bonus!
I think it great you are letting us know of this, even if the exact dates are not known. Some people like to know a much as possible.

Keep up the good work and great updates :wave:

DisneyGigi

Okay... so if it is so definate why do they not announce it? Not meaning to take away from either side... but considering that Sept was Free Dining... People might want to change plans of where they are going to be??? If they know ... it is going to be down they could announce the tentative dates??? IMHO...:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom