Disney-MGM Studios updates

AndyP

Great news! It's seems to me that this rumoured new E-Ticket is set to open about the same time that Harry Potter is finished at Islands Of Adventure and so this makes me think it will be something special so it doesn't get 'lost' in the media hype around harry potter. Hopefully it's also just one phase of a plan to combat HP! If I'm right at all that is!!

ToTBellHop

I assure you that a Monsters Inc. family coaster has been in development for the Studios for quite awhile now. Wether it gets approved or not or transforms into a different concept is a another story.
there are a couple family coaster projects being talked about for MGM...

I3olTz

exactly how many empty sound stages do they have that could be used possibly for a ride? i know ive seen them all over the place in the back.

imagineer boy

Remember, though, they still will be dealing with a film that's nearly old enough to vote. It's not going to look like modern films that were designed to be projected digitally.

I'm sure there is a perfect pristine print out there they will use (perhaps it's already stored digitally, probably likely), but the original elements will still show their age. Now don't get me wrong, it will look great I'm sure, probably as good as the show has ever looked, but it won't look "better" because of digital.

My guess is the change is more for durability than anything else - digital doesn't wear out like film, obviously.

I wouldn't mind a NEW film, but that's too much to ask for, LOL. That little 3-D guy was neat and all a decade and a half ago, but when computer animation is used in everything down to local car dealership commercials now it just became a part of the show that DRAG-G-G-S. Not enough Muppets! LOL.

AEfx

One thing I think they could do is redo the CGI Walley since he looks clearly outdated.

AEfx

One thing I think they could do is redo the CGI Walley since he looks clearly outdated.

That would be nice, but it sounds out of the scope of this project in particular (not that we have many details).

Part of me wants to keep the film as-is for historical value, but really...a new splashy 3-D movie with the Muppets would be very nice. I always thought that show could use a few more effects, and way more Muppets. And the extended scene at the end with all the IASW-type puppets just seems bad to me every time. The MUPPETS should star in the finale, not a bunch of creepy dolls LOL.

Then again, they could let Crazy Harry (who terrified me as a small child LOL) blow the whole thing to heck if they'd put a Muppet Dark ride in instead. ;)

AEfx

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
exactly how many empty sound stages do they have that could be used possibly for a ride? i know ive seen them all over the place in the back.
Considering the backlot isn`t a backlot anymore, the guts of a soundstage could be a very nice queue and preshow area....

cmatt

ahhhhhh perhaps meaning that i will spend more then half a day there next time...

although i keep putting off my next trip untill the developments that are confirmed come into fruition....

i would like to see a new indy ride tbh or at least something that's isnt a reiteration of a ride that already exists.

Would be nice if they could get imax to jump aboard for muppets also - maybe a new film too :)

Enigma

Account Suspended
Is ABC Theater going to become a new show or a new attraction? Im hoping its a new attraction. I remember at one point a Nightmare Before Christmas ride was considered for that area...which would have been awsome.

Tom Morrow

Soundstage 1 is mostly empty... right now part of it is used for meeting Mickey, but they could easily move that. It is large enough to hold a decent sized attraction... maybe even a small indoor coaster...?

Other than that... Soundstage 2 is becoming Toy Story Mania. 3 holds Narnia... there isnt much you can do with that.

As for the Backlot Tour route... the costuming and prop shop that you pass through are still in use, despite what it may seem, so they won't be removing those. Pretty much all the other buildings you see backstage are in use for business purposes and whatnot... so they won't be removed, either. The rest of the shuttle route holding the rusting props isn't that big, but is big enough to hold some sort of attraction.

disneydata

Original Poster
Is ABC Theater going to become a new show or a new attraction? Im hoping its a new attraction. I remember at one point a Nightmare Before Christmas ride was considered for that area...which would have been awsome.
It's going to be a new show.

I3olTz

i would think if they took the drew carey show+ABC thearter and took that whole area and put a ride there, think that would be enough room to hold a nice sized attraction? its better then one show in abc and drew carey still existing......imo

Tom Morrow

I agree, but it would be really hard to "gut" those buildings, I'd assume. LIke, the structure of the building isn't designed to be anything but a theater. And, since its in the center of the park, the amount of construction required to convert the buildings would be extremely difficult. The soundstages in back are easier because they are just that - former soundstages.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom