News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

acup313

Delta is more contagious but not deadlier.
Yeah, I think it’s definitely accepted that it is more contagious which obviously can lead to more deaths but not definitive evidence about it being deadlier. I don’t have good sources but I was reading some information yesterday that the data from the UK may actually suggest that it’s less deadly. Essentially cases went way up and while deaths also went up it was fewer than expected.

fractal

Hmmm, maybe this is why the CDC is recommending the vaccinated now wear face masks. I'm sure we'll know soon enough. It is consistent with reports out of Israel.

“NBC News, citing unnamed officials aware of the decision, reported it comes after new data suggests vaccinated individuals could have higher levels of virus and infect others amid the surge of cases driven by the delta variant of the coronavirus,” the USA Today reported in a passage that was later scrubbed from an article.

ElvisMickey

disneygeek90

Many of these cases may not even be true reinfections but rather the re-emergence of the previous illness that was not completely cleared. It is only possible to tell a true reinfection by genetically sequencing the strain, which is not always done.

Instead, reinfection is defined as an illness caught 90 days after being diagnosed with a first infection, or following four negative tests.

90 days? Vaccine is proving far more lasting than that. So if you were to be reinfected 4 months later, I guess that study would count it as a new infection.

fractal

After 18 months of trying to contain the virus, we may be at the point we have to let it run its course so it burns out. If vaccines and natural immunity wane over time then people get reinfected, the cycle will never end.
In general, viruses mutate to become more contagious but less harmful. This allows our immune system to catch up. If this wasn't true the Human Race would have been wiped out a very long time ago.

maui2k7

In general, viruses mutate to become more contagious but less harmful. This allows our immune system to catch up. If this wasn't true the Human race would have been wiped out a very long time ago.
True, I just hope this is the end of the cycle and the virus becomes trivial at some point.

Thelazer

In my opinion, the new guidance is likely in place because the unvaccinated didn’t follow the previous guidance and now we have a total disaster in our hands. Everyone has to mask up bc we can’t trust people to do what was asked of them. Whether or not it will help, who knows? In other news, our close friend who I went to get vaccinated with in February (moderna) has come down with symptomatic Covid. Meaning he has fever, aches, headache, loss smell and taste. He had his second done in February. He was in a deposition for 6 hours last week with 8 other fully vaccinated people. Now 6 have symptomatic Covid. Anecdote yes. Alarming yes.

So what your saying in 6 out of the 8 the vaccine didn't work in...

ElvisMickey

Many of these cases may not even be true reinfections but rather the re-emergence of the previous illness that was not completely cleared. It is only possible to tell a true reinfection by genetically sequencing the strain, which is not always done.

Instead, reinfection is defined as an illness caught 90 days after being diagnosed with a first infection, or following four negative tests.

90 days? Vaccine is proving far more lasting than that. So if you were to be reinfected 4 months later, I guess that study would count it as a new infection.
OK, then take this one. All you need to do is a search and you can find numerous articles on this stuff.

danv3

In my opinion, the new guidance is likely in place because the unvaccinated didn’t follow the previous guidance and now we have a total disaster in our hands. Everyone has to mask up bc we can’t trust people to do what was asked of them. Whether or not it will help, who knows?

This is (real) the reasoning behind the new guidance.

In other news, our close friend who I went to get vaccinated with in February (moderna) has come down with symptomatic Covid. Meaning he has fever, aches, headache, loss smell and taste. He had his second done in February. He was in a deposition for 6 hours last week with 8 other fully vaccinated people. Now 6 have symptomatic Covid. Anecdote yes. Alarming yes.

Definitely alarming. Statistically, that should almost never happen. Still, I bet one of the attendees at that deposition knew they weren't feeling 100% but that day but showed up anyway because the deposition was "important."

mikejs78

Premium Member
Hmmm, maybe this is why the CDC is recommending the vaccinated now wear face masks. I'm sure we'll know soon enough. It is consistent with reports out of Israel.

“NBC News, citing unnamed officials aware of the decision, reported it comes after new data suggests vaccinated individuals could have higher levels of virus and infect others amid the surge of cases driven by the delta variant of the coronavirus,” the USA Today reported in a passage that was later scrubbed from an article.
This source is complete garbage.

Newer info in a study out yesterday that infections among naturally infected are 4x higher than with alpha.

mikejs78

Premium Member

fractal

And that article is complete garbage reporting.

Natural immunity is robust and may or may not provide more or less protection than the vaccine. I will agree with you that this article is misleading as the "700%" is from a small sample in Israel. However, as Delta spreads in Israel it can be said that natural immunity, at least there, provides at least as much protection.

Last edited:

fractal

This source is complete garbage.

Newer info in a study out yesterday that infections among naturally infected are 4x higher than with alpha.

NBC? USA today?

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Protection spoke on Wednesday about evidence that vaccinated people can spread the Covid-19 Delta variant to others, after the nation’s top health agency expanded on its new guidance that fully vaccinated Americans wear masks indoors in certain places.

Rochelle Walensky said “new science” observed in recent days demonstrated that new variants of the coronavirus were transmissible by people who have been fully vaccinated in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom