News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

fractal

CDC says fully vaccinated people spread the Delta variant and should wear masks: 'This new science is worrisome'​

Just a guess here but I bet I know who's not spreading the virus - naturally immunized people. So far, that's the case in Israel.

Brooklin Disney Dad

It is fair, yes.

It is also fair to reevaluate your vacation and decide if it's worth it to you to spend all that money on a reduced experience compared to pre-COVID and, presumably, post-COVID Disney.

I've been back and forth a lot about my upcoming short but special and much needed trip. This year was supposed to be a fairly Disney-heavy year. With WDW, myself, and my husband all turning 50 between the end of August and early December, a whole bunch of Chase Visa points saved up, our vaccines all done and cases dwindling (until recently) we thought the coast was relatively clear to have a nice time.

We went for 3 nights last September with only one park day and made the best of it.

We have four nights booked (one off property, 3 in a Ft Wilderness cabin) for my bday at the end of next month. I've been back and forth on whether or not to go.

It won't be hard to cancel the room reservations pretty close to the date. We haven't purchased tickets yet. We'll either drive up or we won't.

Currently, I'm thinking if worst comes to worst, a few days at Ft Wilderness with the dog, and maybe a nice resort dinner wouldn't be so bad - especially all on points.

I'd rather get a 2-3 day park hopper, but even then, we'd probably mostly walk around outdoors other than meals. We'll book off-times (as we usually do, anyway) which will avoid crowds.
It sounds like you are going to make the best of an unexpected situation. As much as I love the Kissimmee area, the dining and restaurants and of course, Disney, my kids wouldn’t enjoy it as much if we skipped Disney to be safe, or had to mask up indoors (ride queues) and on rides.

donsullivan

Premium Member

It doesn't matter what's happening where you live, or what facts (or non-facts) you choose to believe- the massive numbers of visitors to central Florida, (combined with local residents) who are infected and refuse to wear masks has resulted in us having to revert back to where we were 6 months ago. This cannot be allowed to continue.

correcaminos

OK, then take this one. All you need to do is a search and you can find numerous articles on this stuff.

Why are you hell bent on telling people NOT to vaccinate. I am seriously baffled by your arguments. Why not do as much as you can to help everyone?

Hawg G

Like the science behind the delta variant originating outside the US but keeping the borders wide open and even bussing some who enter illegally all over the country without being tested?

I’m not into crazy conspiracy theories or any of that junk but if they are so concerned about public health and covid transmission something isn't making sense here

You just aren’t realizing the goal here isn’t public safety. It’s more power by those in control.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As far as labor goes…the delta rise kills any chance of getting the IP back in the near to intermediate future…and likely will impact college program greatly.

Hawg G

The Delta varient is more deadly and more infectious than previous ones. It could easily kill and reinfect people who've already been reinfected. Good luck trying to convince me that all of the Delta deaths or infections were from people who weren't infected before. Kentucky is experiencing a rise in reinfections right now.

Not to mention, COVID makes you more likely to develop health complications or even die 6 months after infection.

Who makes the Delta variant test? I want to put all my money in their stock.

ElvisMickey

Why are you hell bent on telling people NOT to vaccinate. I am seriously baffled by your arguments. Why not do as much as you can to help everyone?
Who’s telling people not to vaccinate?! I’m vaccinated! I swear… you folks have been arguing with people for so long on these boards that you forget who’s who. I’m just saying that there’s different opinions here with this. You’re not 100% right, neither is anyone else and neither am I. You need to do what’s best for you and your family and stop judging people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom