News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreday3

I think most of us thought things would be better by NOW due to vaccine availability.

I'm skeptical Florida or anywhere in the USA will ever get a full handle on this.

I'd be all for vaccine passports or closing down theme parks until people wise up and get jabbed.

Well, it wasn't and here we are.

I still think things will look up in October.

mgf

yes, there are minor exceptions

Yes, the minors are exceptions! In all seriousness, it is extremely frustrating not just on a policy level but on an individual level how much we have just decided that it is fine to put kids 0-11 at risk of a virus. They gave up a tremendous amount to keep adults safe and now adults can't be bothered to wear some fabric over their faces for a few more months as the pediatric trials progress.

We don't know how exposed kids in the US truly are at the moment because all the historical data comes from when adults and society at least attempted to control the pandemic. Additionally, it is entirely possible that a variant will come along that nukes kids because it is no longer efficient to travel among adults. Delta already exhibits some of these qualities.

/rant

Unbanshee

It is my understanding that the college program has already started a return this last month. So I am interested to see what they actually do for those that returned and are multiple people form different places living in one roof and interacting with others...in the college program way.

This might help

mgf

Then why did we have to wear masks outdoors so long before or did science change?

They learned and adapted guidelines. Remember when those first super spread cruise ships came back and they found COVID living 20+ days on surfaces? Now we know fomite transmission risk is exceptionally, exceptionally low.

We don't have to assume people have been wrong or lying or trying to control us. This is a scientific process playing out in real-time.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
They learned and adapted guidelines. Remember when those first super spread cruise ships came back and they found COVID living 20+ days on surfaces? Now we know fomite transmission risk is exceptionally, exceptionally low.

We don't have to assume people have been wrong or lying or trying to control us. This is a scientific process playing out in real-time.
Like the science behind the delta variant originating outside the US but keeping the borders wide open and even bussing some who enter illegally all over the country without being tested?

I’m not into crazy conspiracy theories or any of that junk but if they are so concerned about public health and covid transmission something isn't making sense here

ABQ

Like the science behind the delta variant originating outside the US but keeping the borders wide open and even bussing some who enter illegally all over the country without being tested?

I’m not into crazy conspiracy theories or any of that junk but if they are so concerned about public health and covid transmission something isn't making sense here
Well, to be fair, it's only the southern border that's wide open. I mean, wouldn't want all those highly vaccinated Canadian's coming down.

Vinnie Mac

I'm not vaccinated, but had covid, so I have natural immunity. I haven't been sick in a year and a half, and yet somehow half the country is blaming me for their problems. I'll say again... The real pandemic is the mental health crisis
Not all COVID infected people have "natural immunity". Plenty of people who've gotten COVID once and then had it twice and perhaps even died or got hospitalized from the second infection.

If you're choosing to not wear a mask or get vaccinated then yes, your are at fault for one of the countries main problems right now which is the rise in cases and deaths due to.. *gasp* unvaccinated people!

fractal

Not all COVID infected people have "natural immunity". Plenty of people who've gotten COVID once and then had it twice and perhaps even died or got hospitalized from the second infection.

If you're choosing to not wear a mask or get vaccinated then yes, your are at fault for one of the countries main problems right now which is the rise in cases and deaths due to.. *gasp* unvaccinated people!

The reinfection rate is 0.4% and in almost every case the rare second infection presents less symptoms. Stop the fearmongering.

GimpYancIent

They want you scared and looking to government to save you. Nine scariest words in the English language are”I’m with the Govt and I’m here to help.”
How about various agencies each with their own mandate and mission not coordinating with each other and in some instances actually working in opposite directions. Also advocacy groups each pulling for themselves in the end resulting in undiscernible noise. In the end even if the U.S. citizens becomes 100% vax the rest of the world won't be and everyone wants to come to the U.S. You know the famous "I Am Going To Disney World" phrase as a reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom