News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

I've visited twice while masks were required (once they were required everywhere (March 2021), second trip (Sept 2021, indoors only) and they had zero impact on my enjoyment.
I've visited several times with masks required and they had a lot of impact on my enjoyment. Everyone is different.

Even on the day that FoP was a walk on and I could shortcut from the exit through the (formerly) FP+ line it still hurt the ride experience by blocking the air blowing on a large part of my face.

Trauma

I've visited several times with masks required and they had a lot of impact on my enjoyment. Everyone is different.

Even on the day that FoP was a walk on and I could shortcut from the exit through the (formerly) FP+ line it still hurt the ride experience by blocking the air blowing on a large part of my face.
Maybe I’m an idiot and don’t know how to wear a mask but it would fog my 3d glasses.

It definitely effected my enjoyment on rides requiring glasses.

Tom P.

I'm glad some people can go with masks and it not affect their enjoyment. I'm not suggesting that's impossible for everyone, nor would I tell all of you that you should cancel trips is masks are required. I'm just saying that for me and my family, it's important to us to not wear masks on a vacation. Now, I've had to wear masks at work before, I wear them when I go into a doctor's office, etc. And I do it. And I can handle it. But on a place like vacation, which is a total luxury thing to begin with, it would just ruin it for me. Everyone is different, though, and I respect that.

ETA: Would it ruin the whole trip just to have to wear a mask on the bus? No, of course not. But it would bother me because I'd spend the whole time being angry at how stupid it is. 😂

Dizneykid

Someone on another site was talking about her daughter having a high fever and cough but went on their trip that night anyway. I understand not wanting masks but it would be an appreciated courtesy for people that know they are sick.

Are they doing anything for precautions anymore? Masks anywhere? Are hotel rooms still getting "extra" cleaning?

CaptainAmerica

I've visited twice while masks were required (once they were required everywhere (March 2021), second trip (Sept 2021, indoors only) and they had zero impact on my enjoyment.
I did two as well and I found indoor/outdoor to be a nightmare. It wasn't bad when the weather was nice, but when it rained it was torture. We carried 3 or 4 masks each but you just can't keep them dry in a Central Florida thunderstorm. I'll also beat my drum one more time that 2 years old has always been an unreasonable age for the cutoff.

Update from Spring Break... Mask compliance is high in the Hartford airport, probably around 80-90%. Ironically, the group complying the least are the TSA agents.

correcaminos

I check John Hopkins daily cases…that’s what I keep my eyes on. Waited since this started to go back and enjoy a mask free WDW vacation. I’m close….leave Thursday.

I know things are rising nationally and since we have no way of knowing which indicators Disney uses to add or lift restrictions it’s a guessing game as to if a bump in cases will be enough case for them to reimpose indoor masks.

I wish I knew but I don’t. They dropped them in February of this year when #’s were higher than last July when they told everyone to mask back up. Their logic makes no sense. And it’s hard to plan a mask free vacation when you don’t know. It’s a crap shoot and you have to plan then pray things don’t turn

That’s what I’m concerned over and it irks me a great deal. Hopefully we’ll be able to enjoy our trip without the threat of them bringing them back
The John Hopkins data does show a small jump in the 7-day average...

View attachment 631917
To circle back to this, the blip up at that angle on JHs site has changed. When I clicked on it earlier the 7 day average was significantly higher than it is now. They must adjust as others do eventually. Which goes back to the never look at daily numbers. Let it all shake out before worrying about numbers for a specific day. Especially if a data dump occurs.

The Mom

Premium Member
So, honest question: Do you want this thread to be strictly informational rather than discussion?
Most readers just want to know about the situation in WDW itself. Any changes to rules, any good/bad experiences with rules, are people wearing masks or not. Things that might make a difference in trip planning.

Not a discussion about whether masks should or should not be required - although reporting upon a rise in cases may also affect that decision. Both for your own health, and that of those living in areas that have not had an increase, but might if people from one area travel to another.

Having or not having to mask while traveling may make a difference in traveling right now, but it is what it is for now. No reason to continue to keep debating if the mandate should exist - all arguments have been heard multiple times.

The Mom

Premium Member
so has:

top 10 attractions
build a 5th park
Chapek should be fired
would Walt approve
alcohol served in parks
DL vs MK

yet all covid arguments best not be rehashed
Because Covid arguments often stray into politics, possible misinformation, attacks on those who disagree with one side or the other, etc. which requires moderation. The others not so much - except for those that can't help making nasty remarks in any discussion.

Heelz2315

I’m hoping this doesn’t lead to other cities, then a panic by a lot others and WDW follows suit.

Since we have no idea how they gauge things, it’s worrisome

Heelz2315

Not something you have any control over so no point it letting it bother you.

When I’m three days out from leaving after waiting all this time for a mask free WDW vacation and since nobody knows how Disney makes its plans call me gun shy from flip flopping so much it’s bothering me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom