News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Well, we know they won't be bothered into working on a Sunday, so if we don't hear otherwise on Monday, let's hope this date sticks. I gather Disney did not pick 4/18 at random as the date for Mickey hugs and believes masks will go away once and for all on that date, as well. It would, indeed, be silly to wear a mask on the monorail and then go give a princess a maskless hug.
I would have agreed with you a month ago.... not so sure now.

Masks on transportation won't affect the character thing. I assumed they picked it to because they tend to do things for Easter. Not sure why the wait honestly, unless they needed to up the staff for increased demand that will happen?

Tom P.

It gets very tiring seeing the same people continuing to argue about the same point over and over. Any useful information gets lost in the noise.
So, honest question: Do you want this thread to be strictly informational rather than discussion?

Chi84

Premium Member
Speaking only for myself, I enjoy discussion. But the problem with lengthy threads about controversial topics is that they often end up being populated by a few people who feel very strongly about the topic and who tend to argue with each other. These arguments are generally of no interest to anyone not partaking, so people looking for information avoid the thread.

That leads to the same handful of people saying the same thing over and over to no effect, whether it's argument or just assertion of the same positions. I'm not sure what the answer is - maybe a separate thread for discussion only (like a general coronavirus thread) and another limited to facts and experiences concerning mask policies in the parks (where masks are still needed, how well policies are being enforced, etc.) The latter is what I thought this thread was supposed to be.

Again, this is only one person's opinion. I'm sure others feel differently, and I respect that.

correcaminos

We have been told repeatedly to not debate masks too... so there's that. I get sometimes people (me included) forget which thread they are looking at.

Tom P.

We have been told repeatedly to not debate masks too... so there's that. I get sometimes people (me included) forget which thread they are looking at.
I also always assumed there was a difference between debating the efficacy of masks themselves and debating the specific mask policies at Disney. But perhaps not.

TikibirdLand

I often feel for mods because we often can be pains, but this latest deletion makes me think someone was bored.
I imagine they feel like they're being forced to sit through Tiki Room: Under New Management. The first time Yago is kinda a cute. The second time? Not so much. The Third time and more -- total torture. We're lucky a fire hasn't taken the place down! 🤣

The Mom

Premium Member
Most people who check this thread are just looking for updates on WDW mask policy. There has been an ongoing debate as to whether the public transportation mask mandate applies to WDW, but WDW seems to feel that they do apply. Posters will be checking in to see if there are updates after April 18 when current mandates are set to expire.

Mask rules while traveling to WDW are not really on topic. And discussion about Philly Cheesesteaks definitely are not. ;)

G00fyDad

Most people who check this thread are just looking for updates on WDW mask policy. There has been an ongoing debate as to whether the public transportation mask mandate applies to WDW, but WDW seems to feel that they do apply. Posters will be checking in to see if there are updates after April 18 when current mandates are set to expire.

Mask rules while traveling to WDW are not really on topic. And discussion about Philly Cheesesteaks definitely are not. ;)
But what about masks on Philly cheesesteaks?

JoeCamel

I have never questioned your moderation in the time I have been here as it is "your house your rules" but on this I bristle - do I need to get PhotoDave back here?
But what about masks on Philly cheesesteaks?
No, just no, do not abuse the steak

Heelz2315

Big jump today in cases. I’m scheduled to leave Thursday come back Wednesday. Just give me till the 20th with no masks…..

I hope they hold off and don’t get mask happy since things are trending upward

correcaminos

Big jump today in cases. I’m scheduled to leave Thursday come back Wednesday. Just give me till the 20th with no masks…..

I hope they hold off and don’t get mask happy since things are trending upward
Seriously stop worrying. You constantly look at single day cases too. Did you know many places are not reporting daily? You need to look at averages. And we are no where near where they were when Disney dropped masks. They are still bringing things back, not removing. Honestly the worry will destroy a trip if you let it. I don't even see where you are looking for huge increases. OC florida is up a little from last week. But not a ton.

correcaminos

If you are concerned about raising cases, just wear your N95 masks during your vacation.
No they are only concerned that masks are reinstated. They don't want to wear a mask. I have been looking all over to see where the huge jump is that would affect their trip. I don't see it locally or nationally. I'm sure some regions on their own curves might be up, but none that will affect WDW. Not that I expect it again like that.

Heelz2315

I check John Hopkins daily cases…that’s what I keep my eyes on. Waited since this started to go back and enjoy a mask free WDW vacation. I’m close….leave Thursday.

I know things are rising nationally and since we have no way of knowing which indicators Disney uses to add or lift restrictions it’s a guessing game as to if a bump in cases will be enough case for them to reimpose indoor masks.

I wish I knew but I don’t. They dropped them in February of this year when #’s were higher than last July when they told everyone to mask back up. Their logic makes no sense. And it’s hard to plan a mask free vacation when you don’t know. It’s a crap shoot and you have to plan then pray things don’t turn

That’s what I’m concerned over and it irks me a great deal. Hopefully we’ll be able to enjoy our trip without the threat of them bringing them back

Lilofan

No they are only concerned that masks are reinstated. They don't want to wear a mask. I have been looking all over to see where the huge jump is that would affect their trip. I don't see it locally or nationally. I'm sure some regions on their own curves might be up, but none that will affect WDW. Not that I expect it again like that.
Cases going up and don't want to wear a mask on vacation... Got it..

correcaminos

I check John Hopkins daily cases…that’s what I keep my eyes on. Waited since this started to go back and enjoy a mask free WDW vacation. I’m close….leave Thursday.

I know things are rising nationally and since we have no way of knowing which indicators Disney uses to add or lift restrictions it’s a guessing game as to if a bump in cases will be enough case for them to reimpose indoor masks.

I wish I knew but I don’t. They dropped them in February of this year when #’s were higher than last July when they told everyone to mask back up. Their logic makes no sense. And it’s hard to plan a mask free vacation when you don’t know. It’s a crap shoot and you have to plan then pray things don’t turn

That’s what I’m concerned over and it irks me a great deal. Hopefully we’ll be able to enjoy our trip without the threat of them bringing them back
You're going to give yourself an ulcer. Your incessant worrying will do you no good. Cases will have to really jump and I mean insanely jump to go back. So read below:

Stop
Looking
At
Daily
Numbers

Not all places report daily. My state reports weekly. As a whole nationally it's up a hair and I mean i had to zoom to see. We're still below cases than where we were a month ago which were very low.

Tom P.

Daily numbers are absolutely meaningless. It is only trends over time that matter.

Also, masks are not coming back at Disney. I know, I know -- "you can't know that for sure." I would go to Vegas and bet $1,000 on it right now. Unless (a) the government reinstates a mask requirement (which, in Florida, is a statistically zero chance) or (b) there is a major brand new variant that evades all vaccine protection and causes huge jumps in hospitalizations and deaths, there is no chance Walt Disney World reinstates its mask rules.

Ayla

Wisconsin had a big jump in cases reported yesterday, but it was from a backlog of cases. It does not reflect current cases, which continue to stay steady/decrease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom