News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

XE isn’t much and will not change mask policy. Just like XA to XD. Happy? :p :D I’m on topic!
Robin Hood Disney GIF

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Just a suggestion? Rather than being overly concerned with anyone's "Policy"? Be concerned about Air Movement...

Enclosed spaces with low air circulation: Planes, buses, SOME Restaurants, SOME rides. Suggest an N95.
Very OPEN spaces, with lots of air circulation: Boats, OUTDOOR queues, plain old walking around. Drop the mask.

Long before COVID? Dear Wife & I took this approach due to loads of sick children, on many legs of our WDW trips. Flu... common colds. COVID? Just another thing to avoid - until the NEXT thing. Huge volumes of air circulation are your friend. Cramped quarters with LOW air circulation are your enemy. We tend to worry about those sealed Aluminum Cans that we use to FLY to WDW :(.

Today, WDW and the US are fairly CLOSE to getting this. Took 'em long enough :). Around the time of the Roman Empire, the term "Malaria" (literally meaning "bad air") was created - and misapplied to Mosquito infections. Today? We actually HAVE "bad air". Covid, Flu, common cold.... MASK, if you choose, within confined air spaces with too many humans crammed in.

Just what WE do... you will do as you choose.

Heelz2315

Some areas of the northeast are recommending indoor masks, only 1. month after dropping them. Ugh…Id hoped we’d get through summer before that happened again in the US

I hope Disney doesn’t see that and begin to rethink their plans

correcaminos

Some areas of the northeast are recommending indoor masks, only 1. month after dropping them. Ugh…Id hoped we’d get through summer before that happened again in the US

I hope Disney doesn’t see that and begin to rethink their plans
Relax! The CDC does not recommend in most areas of the NE. I saw Philly claiming they might bring it back but look at their numbers too. They might or might not bring back. Creeping isn't a spike - and the few NY regions are seeing more than a blip are just on different curves. Disney also dropped way before it was recommended. Your trip will be fine.

Heelz2315

Relax! The CDC does not recommend in most areas of the NE. I saw Philly claiming they might bring it back but look at their numbers too. They might or might not bring back. Creeping isn't a spike - and the few NY regions are seeing more than a blip are just on different curves. Disney also dropped way before it was recommended. Your trip will be fine.
I hope you're right. I'm a week out from leaving.

correcaminos

I hope you're right. I'm a week out from leaving.
I mean this sincerely. You need to let go of your anxiety about this. It is not healthy and it will get in the way if you are constantly worried. Masks are not returning for your trip. If anything I expect policy to improve in the next few weeks.

Plus Philly did not say they were bringing back and they are far more mask conservative than WDW and always have been.

Angel Ariel

Best option is a KF94 from a reputable company. NIOSH does not approve kid masks which has sucked for adults like me with literal kid sized heads.
That’s my point. There’s been no effort made to ensure that immunocompromised children have the same type of protection as adults have access to. Do that, give these kids a chance to have the choice to be protected before stripping away communal measures that do help protect them. As they don’t deserve to have to be shut away from the world so everyone else can go back to normal.

correcaminos

That’s my point. There’s been no effort made to ensure that immunocompromised children have the same type of protection as adults have access to. Do that, give these kids a chance to have the choice to be protected before stripping away communal measures that do help protect them. As they don’t deserve to have to be shut away from the world so everyone else can go back to normal.
Wrong thread for this.... mask policy not debate. Plus not just kids but adults with small faces cannot wear N95s. I'm one of them. They simply do not fit. My 14yo can though. 40 something me cannot. No one has done studies for kids though here. But a legit KF94 is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom