Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

joanna71985

It'll probably be received better at WDW. It's really sad that so many great characters just get retired from WDW. I'm only 17, but I remember going when I was younger and seeing so many great characters and then now it's just the generic ones and maybe a couple random characters.

It is sad. I wish all characters could stay, but that's life

disneyfan1995

It is sad. I wish all characters could stay, but that's life

I know! :( The one set of characters I just can't deal with not being there anymore are the seven dwarfs. When I was 3 I saw all 7 of them on Main Street and didn't have to wait at all. It's probably the best character interaction I've ever had with any characters to date.

joanna71985

I know! :( The one set of characters I just can't deal with not being there anymore are the seven dwarfs. When I was 3 I saw all 7 of them on Main Street and didn't have to wait at all. It's probably the best character interaction I've ever had with any characters to date.

They still come out. It may only be for special events, but I can understand why they don't come out more often

GiveMeTheMusic

They appear at MNSSHP and MVMCP, but you'll have to wait at least an hour for the photo. It's the most popular op at both parties by a long shot.

I remember wandering through World Showcase in 1997. In Germany, all 7 were out, just chillin'. Same with Snow White. Met each one individually, got cute photos, kid got autographs. Different times.

disneyfan1995

They appear at MNSSHP and MVMCP, but you'll have to wait at least an hour for the photo. It's the most popular op at both parties by a long shot.

I remember wandering through World Showcase in 1997. In Germany, all 7 were out, just chillin'. Same with Snow White. Met each one individually, got cute photos, kid got autographs. Different times.

I miss those times!! They don't even have Dopey out anymore. It's irritating. If I ever get the chance to go to one of those parties I'd probably line up a while before hand just to guarantee a photo with them once more.

IHeartArt

Yo, has anyone made the joke yet that this Limited Time Magic stuff seems pretty limited itself in execution? Because if not I'm going to mosey in on this.

It feels like this whole campaign has, in itself, been an afterthought almost from the word go. With output this middling, shouldn't it be time that the parks cut it out with this constant celebration stuff? Can we just experience the wonder of being in the parks without having to also put an addendum on it that, oh, it's the Year of a Million Dreams or there's Limited Time Magic going on today? It's getting ridiculous, like someone's put a gun to the head of management and is telling them to get people hype. Too much excitement just numbs people. A year or two where this promotion campaign stuff takes backstage to the actual parks, that's all I'm asking.

asianway

Yo, has anyone made the joke yet that this Limited Time Magic stuff seems pretty limited itself in execution? Because if not I'm going to mosey in on this.

It feels like this whole campaign has, in itself, been an afterthought almost from the word go. With output this middling, shouldn't it be time that the parks cut it out with this constant celebration stuff? Can we just experience the wonder of being in the parks without having to also put an addendum on it that, oh, it's the Year of a Million Dreams or there's Limited Time Magic going on today? It's getting ridiculous, like someone's put a gun to the head of management and is telling them to get people hype. Too much excitement just numbs people. A year or two where this promotion campaign stuff takes backstage to the actual parks, that's all I'm asking.
Unless youre a character fan, I cant see most people having a non-favorable opinion of the promo as a whole. Especially Floridas execution.

IHeartArt

Unless youre a character fan, I cant see most people having a favorable opinion of the promo as a whole. Especially Floridas execution.

Even the character options feel like they need to be stretched out longer than they are. I would have loved to see Robin Hood, but Long Lost Friends was gone before I even knew it existed, so...

Californian Elitist

For the most part, I've been fine with this promotion. Then again, I live in CA.

It's definitely not the greatest promotion they've come up with. It's obvious they're getting desperate, trying to come up with interesting events.

bubbles1812

This happened to me too except at MK. All 7, Snow White came out a random side door. Just came out and set up shop in a bunch of doorways. It was early and wasnt crowded in that section so my brothers and I got to go around to each one for individual pictures and autographs. They are by far my fav autographs from when I was a kid. And so grateful I got all that when now all you get is a quick group shot with not a lot of time for interaction.

EDIT: Also I find the promotion to be a pretty lame duck. Most of the special events aren't announced near in advance so even those who would like it can't participate. The promotions in and of themselves leave a lot to be desired. Case in point, Long Lost Friends week... They have a billion characters and only broke out those few? Most promotions honestly just seem to be trying to sell things already available in the parks as special. And the theme itself... I've seen the commercials for it and "Limited Magic" just doesn't quite have the same ring as "Year of a Million Dreams" and the like. The later just sounds special and magical. Limited Time Magic just sounds like they are taking things away. Lame

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom