Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

TP2000

So incredibly stupid. Would someone just yank this embarassing campaign already? Let it die....

According to Al Lutz they will try to pump up the dying campaign with another 24 hour party on both coasts. Lutz has said the party will be May 24th and 25th, overnight and for 24 hours straight. The party is in both Disneyland and DCA in Anaheim, and at WDW the party will be held in Magic Kingdom.

I imagine this is what will be announced on April 24th at the Monstrous Summer press event, one month before the party on May 24th.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I get it. I finally get it.

They've pushed LTM on us, to prepare us for next year's year-long celebration of "Magical Memory!" where there is no campaign, no banners, no give aways, no extra decor... just you, and your memories of the park as is with no "added bonus" or special anything. Better yet, you and your memories of years past!

It all makes sense now.

Kinda.

Californian Elitist

Long Lost Friends Week has kicked off at Disneyland. Each character has a corresponding background to go with their themes.

Scrooge McDuck and Ludwig Von Drake:

IMG_9867.jpg

Mushu and Ping:

IMG_9885.jpg

Robin Hood crew:

IMG_9862.jpg

The Three Good Fairies:

IMG_9889.jpg

The Hunchback of Notre Dame crew, sadly minus Quasimodo:(

IMG_9872.jpg

Pocahontas crew:

IMG_9874.jpg

Lilo and Stitch:

IMG_9886.jpg

Jane and Terk:

IMG_9880.jpg

The Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf:

IMG_9842.jpg

All together now...

IMG_9845.jpg

Thanks to Guy Selga Jr. from TouringPlans:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/04/08/photo-report-long-lost-friends-week-begins-at-disneyland/

TP2000

I count 30 characters. WDW had 15.

Disneyland is much smaller and gets fewer international tourists than WDW, so it's easier for Disneyland to do more stuff on a smaller piece of property. Also, they can't offer up as many things in WDW or else they might ruin someone's vacation that they've been saving up for years to take.

Or at least that's the reasoning I've gotten from some folks here. o_O

Californian Elitist

Disneyland is much smaller and gets fewer international tourists than WDW, so it's easier for Disneyland to do more stuff on a smaller piece of property. Also, they can't offer up as many things in WDW or else they might ruin someone's vacation that they've been saving up for years to take.

Or at least that's the reasoning I've gotten from some folks here. o_O

Not to mention the hundreds of complaints the parks would receive, if they ever closed Space Mountain or Everest or any other ride.

WDWYankee15

Long Lost Friends Week has kicked off at Disneyland. Each character has a corresponding background to go with their themes.

Scrooge McDuck and Ludwig Von Drake:

IMG_9867.jpg

Mushu and Ping:

IMG_9885.jpg

Robin Hood crew:

IMG_9862.jpg

The Three Good Fairies:

IMG_9889.jpg

The Hunchback of Notre Dame crew, sadly minus Quasimodo:(

IMG_9872.jpg

Pocahontas crew:

IMG_9874.jpg

Lilo and Stitch:

IMG_9886.jpg

Jane and Terk:

IMG_9880.jpg

The Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf:

IMG_9842.jpg

All together now...

IMG_9845.jpg

Thanks to Guy Selga Jr. from TouringPlans:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/04/08/photo-report-long-lost-friends-week-begins-at-disneyland/
This is what WDW needs... and preferably in late August :)

BwanaBob

So, I was witness to the best LTM yet...
And it wasn't even planned.

A week ago, MS trolly was headed towards castle with a full load and the Barber Shop quartet on the back.
Right about the Bakery, the horse (BIG horse) stops... just flat stops... lifts the tail... and ker-blam. I haven't seen that much "post-matter" ever. It was the size of a small child! The entire trolly car gives a standing ovation and a loud cheer, followed closely by the rest of MS. As the laughter subsides, the conducter starts the horse back up to a trot. ... not sure but I don't think the trolly cleared the pile.

Heres the best part... as the pile emerges from the back, the quartet begins to sing to the folks behind to 'watch out, Watch Out, WATCH OUT!''as they're pointing at the heap!

And for all the times custodial decides to take their time , the gal with the can took almost 5 min to come up MS. There were so many near misses! I think guests took more pictures of that pile than the castle that morning! Laughter for a half-hour that day.

Unplanned , golden Limited Time Magic right there.

Soarin' Over Pgh

That last photo of the characters walking in a line is priceless. LOVE that. Saving to (work) computer. :)

Bwana, HAHAHAHA. That's awesome. Gross, but awesome.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Does anyone has pic of the vintage tees for the the Disney Truck Shop limited time magic??

I saw them, in person, they are nothing to write home about.

I'm going to consolidate all my thoughts and observations into 1 thread later. But I was very unimpressed with the LTM offerings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom