Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

menamechris

They advertised it that way. Something each week all year. If I remember correctly.
From the Disney parks blog

Yep. They did. Of course, I suppose the weeks that they cannot come up with anything, they will just do a merchandising push like Week 2. I tried to give WDW a break last week, because they didn't need a big promotion to help boost attendance - but this next week will be fairly slow. It would have been a great opportunity to do something fun to bring the AP's and locals into the parks. But what do I know - actually - what do they know?

menamechris

That's so they can continuously make it look like something is happening this year (at WDW specifically) ... even though nothing of substance actually is and i'm pretty sure they don't have a clue in the world to what they are going to do with this promotion.

It feeds into that TDO does not feel they need to do anything special at all. DL AP's are still excited because they have the Golden Horseshoe for weeks to come. They are rightfully satisified with that. WDW's first (lame) announcement concluded last night. Now there is nothing going on. I really wouldn't be surprised if they don't do anything but push hats and meet & greets that are already offered until DL wraps up their show and are ready to make another big announcement in February.

JafarMaleficent

It feeds into that TDO does not feel they need to do anything special at all. DL AP's are still excited because they have the Golden Horseshoe for weeks to come. They are rightfully satisified with that. WDW's first (lame) announcement concluded last night. Now there is nothing going on. I really wouldn't be surprised if they don't do anything but push hats and meet & greets that are already offered until DL wraps up their show and are ready to make another big announcement in February.

I wouldn't either. Which is sad. I was looking forward to this year.

CinderellyKelly

Nothing planned for Week 2, it's not a weekly thing. Week 3 has something planned and Week 4 is going to be a big one! Each week is sort of hit or miss, I wouldn't expect something every week, all year.

What day of the week does the new promotion start? You said there would be things at WDW for week three and four. Does each week start on Sunday or Monday? Or the Friday they are announced?

asianway

Nothing planned for Week 2, it's not a weekly thing. Week 3 has something planned and Week 4 is going to be a big one! Each week is sort of hit or miss, I wouldn't expect something every week, all year.
Oh goody, is the voting starting tomorrow?

JafarMaleficent

I just checked the limited time magic page and Disneyland is even doing a 3 kings celebration. I still say TDO has already failed with this promotion. "We're gonna advertise it as 52 weeks of "Magic" but not do something each week."

jrh1985

How Big is week 4????? Just to make sure, Week 2 is tomorrow right?

Jones14

He knows :D He was just commenting on the fact that the winners of such sweepstakes often have such a heartwarmingly sentimental story to go along with them that one can't help but wonder if the whole thing was fixed. Either that, or they suddenly "forget" about the contest, and sweep the whole thing under the rug as quickly as possible.

Yzma

They advertised it that way. Something each week all year. If I remember correctly.

Disney PARKS is the key, it doesn't say 52 weeks at WDW AND 52 weeks at DLR. WDW kicked it off on Dec. 30th. DLR started their first event on Jan. 4th. It's a continuous, overlapping, experience. Was it worded poorly by marketing... yes.

What day of the week does the new promotion start? You said there would be things at WDW for week three and four. Does each week start on Sunday or Monday? Or the Friday they are announced?

Depends on the event... Bling in the New Year started on a Sunday; Three Kings Celebration started on Friday.

Oh goody, is the voting starting tomorrow?

Voting? If you're referring to when Guests get to vote for characters to appear in the park... I don't know when that is.

How Big is week 4????? Just to make sure, Week 2 is tomorrow right?

I should rephrase... I'm excited about Week 4, but some people could probably care less. It varies based on individual interests. I am personally counting weeks based on Sundays, but that doesn't mean events will be starting on Sunday. By saying Week 3 & 4 I probably created more confusion than I meant.

There are a lot of negative posts so far in this thread about disappointment in the promotion - I would wait to pass judgment until March after we see a little more of what they have to offer and figure out what's going on. Then pass all judgment you want!

CinderellyKelly

Disney PARKS is the key, it doesn't say 52 weeks at WDW AND 52 weeks at DLR. WDW kicked it off on Dec. 30th. DLR started their first event on Jan. 4th. It's a continuous, overlapping, experience. Was it worded poorly by marketing... yes.

Depends on the event... Bling in the New Year started on a Sunday; Three Kings Celebration started on Friday.

Voting? If you're referring to when Guests get to vote for characters to appear in the park... I don't know when that is.

I should rephrase... I'm excited about Week 4, but some people could probably care less. It varies based on individual interests. I am personally counting weeks based on Sundays, but that doesn't mean events will be starting on Sunday. By saying Week 3 & 4 I probably created more confusion than I meant.

There are a lot of negative posts so far in this thread about disappointment in the promotion - I would wait to pass judgment until March after we see a little more of what they have to offer and figure out what's going on. Then pass all judgment you want!
Any hints on this months promotions? I'll be there this month!!!

jlsHouston

It would appear Disneyland Paris has also created a new logo similar to WDW's and Disneyland CA's for 2013..

Look at the inner rim..

okay.. I really like these...

danv3

Well, considering the first event was something that already existed and the second is on another coast, it's hard to be too excited. So far, I'd say WDW is 0 for 2.

asianway

Well, considering the first event was something that already existed and the second is on another coast, it's hard to be too excited. So far, I'd say WDW is 0 for 2.
Unless week 4 is the showboat I think we have to wait until week 7 for Wdw to have a chance-I'm already confident DL will outdo Wdw on valentines day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom