Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

menamechris

I must say I am impressed - my expectations for this campaign were extremely low and bottom-barrel. Amazingly, Disney has managed to do far worse and be even less creative than I expected. It saddens me that this is now the norm. Expecting an impressive and professional delivery of their own campaign truly sets you up for disappointment.

George Lucas on a Bench

Somehow, this whole celebration thing eluded me. Reading through it made me realize how out-of-touch and corporate the management at these parks and, indeed, the entire company has become. Basically everything seems designed to sell food and merchandise. Let's milk this Pirates of the Caribbean movie thing (which already has a big presence at the parks) yet again with an absolutely tired concept. Put out a bunch of pirate crap and pictures of Johnny Depp, right? Gotcha. Amazing. Dapper Dans do 90s boy bands? WHAT? That one's just lazy and of course baffling.

Even a more intriguing one like the villain day is baffling. A dance party? Now, the long lost characters thing seems really cool. I mean, seriously, you get to vote for characters and see them in the parks. Nice. Go ahead and bring out Roger Rabbit. Yet even that one feels like there's no guarantees you'll be able to see them (probably have to wait in massive queues on certain days) and it's also designed to sell merchandise. Missed the character? Buy the limited time merchandise with his face on it anyway.

The odd one out is the Golden Horseshoe. This one seems pretty inoffensive and actually cool that they're bringing back a classic attraction...if only for a month.

asianway

Crazy and laughable. And Tom Smith is still encouraging people to come back every Friday to see the next week's "announcement"? So Week 1 - we had a dance party (this is ALWAYS there - not limited); Week 2 - Hats for purchase that have been sold since at least November (also not limited, apparently). Who are they trying to fool? The general public doesn't care about this, and the fanbase can see through the smoke and mirrors of it.... It's actually offensive to fans' intelligence.....
They did have Stitch in his Elvis overlay at the dance party, which is kind of cool. A minor plussing that they should be doing anyway.

I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt considering it was a partial week and Disneyland wasnt starting until today...but this, just, this....

asianway

I can't help but feel bad for those two. Corporate has found two human punchingbags in both of them. Any bad, lame, or ignorant announcement or press release is done through them. The sad part is I don't think they recognize their role in the corporate game at Disney.
I wouldnt - Id assume total comp package at $150k and $225k respectively.

Fantasmic

Now, if they did some REAL Limited Time Magic and opened up the Adventurers Club for a week, I would go. All the way from the UK.

AndyS2992

It would appear Disneyland Paris has also created a new logo similar to WDW's and Disneyland CA's for 2013..

Look at the inner rim..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom