Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

nemofinder22

Week 5 Tiana then - be interesting if DL brings it back too & doubles down

I don't think it will return to DL since the Mark Twain will be out for 3 months starting tomorrow. New Orleans Bayou Bash is returning on the weekends Jan 18-Feb 12, and has the land version returning like always.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/new-orleans-square-bayou-bash/
Tiana's Mardi Gras Celebration
If you liked Tiana's Showboat Jubilee, don't miss this event. Borrowing elements from the popular riverboat show, Princess Tiana's Mardi Gras Celebration features Princess Tiana, Louis and Naveen as they perform with a group of colorfully costumed dancers along the Rivers of America. The finale is a snazzy musical celebration

TP2000

I just checked the limited time magic page and Disneyland is even doing a 3 kings celebration. I still say TDO has already failed with this promotion. "We're gonna advertise it as 52 weeks of "Magic" but not do something each week."

To be fair, Disneyland celebrated Three Kings Day (Dia de Reyes) last year as well in early January. But this year for Limited Time Magic they beefed the whole thing up and added more food, dancing and activities for the kids. And of course, the always-fabulous Mariachi Divas came over for a few days from their usual gig at California Adventure to be the official band and hostesses for the Dia de Reyes events.

But, it's Week Two of Limited Time Magic. And for the next four days Disneyland won't be doing much for it either, until the Golden Horseshoe Revue makes its triumphant return to Frontierland on Friday.

To tide us all over, through the miracle of YouTube we can relive the big kickoff event from Week One of Limited Time Magic, the Bling In The New Year show at WDW!

Get to the 5:20 mark where they are doing a very sad conga line (really just people shuffling in a line around the pavement) and it's like being at a bad wedding reception in 1996. If the wedding guests were all 8 years old and there was no bar.

Pooh'sBuddy

I see they finally took down the reference to the "Limited Magic" that ended on the 5th. It took them two days to do that. And nothing new. I'm really non-plussed about this load of poo.

COProgressFan

Get to the 5:20 mark where they are doing a very sad conga line (really just people shuffling in a line around the pavement) and it's like being at a bad wedding reception in 1996. If the wedding guests were all 8 years old and there was no bar.

What are you talking about!? Look at all the FUN that's being had! MAGICAL, DREAMS, WISHES, MEMORIES (fake, forced, disinterested, lame, obnoxious)....FUN!!!

Who needs unique pristine environments and cutting edge new attractions...this is what WDW is all about after all...

TalkingHead

That whole video was bad news. I know people like to rip Stitch's Dance Party, but this looked every bit as awkward as that show. I really feel bad for the entertainment people who have to put these shows on. The crowd is unenthused, the script is hokey, and it's all so out-of-place.

But I guess that's Limited Time Magic for ya.

Californian Elitist

That video was very hard and awkward to watch. At the same time, I couldn't help but laugh when it got to the conga line. *sigh* Man... It's clearly obvious no one finds this fun or appealing. The DJ was basically begging people to participate. TDO, this is not appealing, think of something better for Pete's sake. Sheesh.

ExtinctJenn

Am I the only one who really doesn't care what they are doing the weeks I won't be there? It's an odd sort of thing... typically I'd be all over wanting to know what's going on each week but I'm just blah about this one. I'll definitely want to know what's happenening whenever we can go but I'm "eh" otherwise.

The Empress Lilly

Wow...:confused:

WDW is never more embarrassing than when it hosts a contemporary (*cough*) music and dance party. This one was plain painful to watch. This is the kind of thing why kids above eleven who go to WDW get laughed at in school.

The Empress Lilly

Am I the only one who really doesn't care what they are doing the weeks I won't be there? It's an odd sort of thing... typically I'd be all over wanting to know what's going on each week but I'm just blah about this one. I'll definitely want to know what's happenening whenever we can go but I'm "eh" otherwise.
Yes, that's what I'm thinking too.

What use is it to me what entertainment they have each week? I'm not going to see it anyway. A unique character in the third week of March? A special one-time-only show in November? So what? I couldn't fly over on such short notice even if I wanted to.
This is what I just don't understand about this entire promotion. All it does is show me things I'm never going to see. What's so exciting about that?

menamechris

Wow...:confused:

WDW is never more embarrassing than when it hosts a contemporary (*cough*) music and dance party. This one was plain painful to watch. This is the kind of thing why kids above eleven who go to WDW get laughed at in school.

Totally. I think the old farts that must come up with this stuff are still using phrases like "groovy" "stylin'" or "boogie". It takes a lot for me to watch a show, and feel embarassed for the performers, myself, and the person standing next to me....but Disney never fails when they try things like this.

asianway

Totally. I think the old farts that must come up with this stuff are still using phrases like "groovy" "stylin'" or "boogie". It takes a lot for me to watch a show, and feel embarassed for the performers, myself, and the person standing next to me....but Disney never fails when they try things like this.
Yes, but there was no shortage of Wal-Mart shoppers watching the train wreck, so it will continue.

YodaMan

So.. umm.. I really like the dance parties. Sue me. I really don't get all the negativity. I understand why it's lame for the "Limited Time Magic" promotion, but in general I think they're awesome. I'm 20 and just went with some friends to the MVMCP dance party and we all had an awesome time. Dancing Gangnam Style with Stitch was probably the highlight of my trip. I don't think the problem is the dance parties, but just the fact that people perceive them to be lame and don't even give them a shot.

And what is this crap about kids being laughed at at school for going to Disney World? Is this serious? I have gone every year and have never once had anything like that happen.

awesomeinabox

Am I the only one who really doesn't care what they are doing the weeks I won't be there? It's an odd sort of thing... typically I'd be all over wanting to know what's going on each week but I'm just blah about this one.
I don't really care but I'm getting really antsy about when I'll be there next week and the lack of anything is starting to me off. Yes I'm psyched to go and at the end of the day it'll be a great trip because its WDW but I'm kinda getting tired of all of these advertisements for nothing. First the main pool at both hotels I'm staying at is down and now the yearly promo is gone too. It's kinda like going to the year where we got in for free on our birthdays but having Disney say "oh sorry if you were born Jan 1-18 we haven't figured it out, you have to pay."
I know it will be fine once I'm there and I'll come back wishing I had more time but for now it's disappointing.

ExtinctJenn

I don't really care but I'm getting really antsy about when I'll be there next week and the lack of anything is starting to me off. Yes I'm psyched to go and at the end of the day it'll be a great trip because its WDW but I'm kinda getting tired of all of these advertisements for nothing. First the main pool at both hotels I'm staying at is down and now the yearly promo is gone too. It's kinda like going to the year where we got in for free on our birthdays but having Disney say "oh sorry if you were born Jan 1-18 we haven't figured it out, you have to pay."
I know it will be fine once I'm there and I'll come back wishing I had more time but for now it's disappointing.
I feel ya... I think maybe that's why I've checked out of this one... so when we do finally book and 2 days before I still have no idea what's going on, I'm not disappointed. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom