Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I don't know if this has been discussed in the previous 21 pages (so excuse me if it has), but with the resurrection of the Golden Horseshow at Disneyland, what do you think the odds would be of shipping the cast to the Diamond Horseshoe after they've completed their Disneyland run? Seems to me, both Anaheim and Orlando could have split the show developement costs and maybe saved a buck or two.

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't know if this has been discussed in the previous 21 pages (so excuse me if it has), but with the resurrection of the Golden Horseshow at Disneyland, what do you think the odds would be of shipping the cast to the Diamond Horseshoe after they've completed their Disneyland run? Seems to me, both Anaheim and Orlando could have split the show developement costs and maybe saved a buck or two.

Not feasible. The two resorts do not share cast like that - and beyond that, they use two different performer unions (DLR - AGVA, WDW - Equity). It would be far more trouble than it's worth.

They have shared show development in the past (notable examples include the High School Musical shows), but each resort maintains their own cast. If WDW wanted to take the DLR script and put together their own cast for a run at MK, that would not be too difficult.

dreamfinder

Not feasible. The two resorts do not share cast like that - and beyond that, they use two different performer unions (DLR - AGVA, WDW - Equity). It would be far more trouble than it's worth.

Not to drift too far, but how were Jack and Sally handled this past year? Was that just a costume lend? Or did they ship out the performers for the limited engagement.

GiveMeTheMusic

Not to drift too far, but how were Jack and Sally handled this past year? Was that just a costume lend? Or did they ship out the performers for the limited engagement.

I don't know for sure, but I would be shocked if they used DLR performers. My guess would be that it was just a costume lend.

COProgressFan

They have shared show development in the past (notable examples include the High School Musical shows), but each resort maintains their own cast. If WDW wanted to take the DLR script and put together their own cast for a run at MK, that would not be too difficult.

Yet, sadly, the chances of TDO choosing to do so are slim to none.

ExtinctJenn

I am curious though - wasn't it reported that the Glow With the Show ears didn't take off as well as Disney had hoped? If it ain't workin' in CA, there is no way it would be worth trying in Orlando.

Glow with the Show flopped hard in California. You barely see anyone using the ears in the park. I'll be very surprised if they continue the push to Orlando.

I don't see them coming here. DLR needs to use special events to keep them going. Personally, I like them and thought they were cool (also purchased a pair) but it does need critical mass to have a regular effect. Just doesn't seem happen. I did notice they were trying special areas for people with Glowears. Maybe if Glowears get you better spots, they will become more popular. Oh the screaming that will cause!
Am I the only one who noticed during the Disney Time contest announcement that there were hoards of people (yes I understand it was a commercial) with GWtS ears on outside Cinderella castle?

menamechris

I will say - they seem to be keeping a pretty tight lid on these. I expected us to find out well before any official announcement each week...

asianway

I will say - they seem to be keeping a pretty tight lid on these. I expected us to find out well before any official announcement each week...
I think if its a biggie, it will leak. drew81 already got a whiff of the Showboat Jubilee - thats going to require rehearsals, etc. Small stuff, like new vests and pulling an overlay out, is easier to keep a lid on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom