Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

FigmentJedi

I just read an article on the Ratatouille ride being built in Paris...wouldn't that make a great Tiana ride?

* instead of the ride vehicles being rats, they could be frogs
* instead of Paris and kitchens, the ride could go through swamps where Tiana gets the ingredients for her gumbo
* ride could finish in the kitchen of Tiana's Palace restaurant

And they could build it so that there's a real Tiana's Palace restaurant next door...just as the Ratatouille Ride will have the Ratatouille restaurant next door.

I think this would be marvelous. And it could go in Frontierland.
I'd prefer a full swamp adventure with Dr. Facilier causing trouble.

jt04

I just read an article on the Ratatouille ride being built in Paris...wouldn't that make a great Tiana ride?

* instead of the ride vehicles being rats, they could be frogs
* instead of Paris and kitchens, the ride could go through swamps where Tiana gets the ingredients for her gumbo
* ride could finish in the kitchen of Tiana's Palace restaurant

And they could build it so that there's a real Tiana's Palace restaurant next door...just as the Ratatouille Ride will have the Ratatouille restaurant next door.

I think this would be marvelous. And it could go in Frontierland.

Like your ideas just not in Frontierland. Splash is enough of a problem.

RSoxNo1

There are some cool entertainment acts that they could bring back for a week. Comedy Warehouse is an obvious one in some capacity (beyond the holiday show), i would think that anything that doesn't require infrastructure changes would be on the table.

Patricia Melton

enrollment in the jelly of the month club?

I can't think of another place to put it in WDW though, since there is no New Orleans Square there.

You know...there is a cemetery scene in Princess and the Frog, towards the end. I wonder if they could use that as the entry point for a ride...and then locate that near the Haunted Mansion. Too bad there is not room for all kinds of rides that have a creepy vibe to them: Sleepy Hollow, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
She will only become more popular and there is great potential for a successful franchising of the story and characters. Disney Channel, are you listening?
Don't give them any ideas. Anything like that that the folks at Disney Channel get their hands on is gonna be lousy. They ruin perfectly good properties on that channel.
I've always thought that Splash should be REPLACED with a PatF attraction. Don't get me wrong, I like Splash, but it's in terrible condition and the property it's connected to is all but denied by Disney.

lazyboy97o

I can't think of another place to put it in WDW though, since there is no New Orleans Square there.

You know...there is a cemetery scene in Princess and the Frog, towards the end. I wonder if they could use that as the entry point for a ride...and then locate that near the Haunted Mansion. Too bad there is not room for all kinds of rides that have a creepy vibe to them: Sleepy Hollow, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.
Part of creativity is edited. Not everything is always going to fit.

I've always thought that Splash should be REPLACED with a PatF attraction. Don't get me wrong, I like Splash, but it's in terrible condition and the property it's connected to is all but denied by Disney.
In what is probably the one place where @jt04 and I agree, giving Splash Mountain a Princess and the Frog overlay does not fix the issue of a southern mountain stuck in the middle of a western environment.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

In what is probably the one place where @jt04 and I agree, giving Splash Mountain a Princess and the Frog overlay does not fix the issue of a southern mountain stuck in the middle of a western environment.

FINALLY someone else has noticed it! I thought I was the only one.... As someone who not only lives in Georgia but about 12 minutes from the plantation where Joel Chandler Harris worked as a boy and learned the Uncle Remus stories... it was always jarring to me to have a ride that obviously takes place in the South (it does look like GA) in an area that is supposedly for "Western Migration/Manifest Destiny." I love Splash Mountain, just wished it was in a different area....

Anything PatF related would be nice in the parks.... I would prefer the restaurant over at Port Orleans if they were to put it in...

Anyway, back on topic: I never saw this particular show but I am still interested in seeing what gets pulled out of the woodwork for Limited Time Magic.

lazyboy97o

FINALLY someone else has noticed it! I thought I was the only one.... As someone who not only lives in Georgia but about 12 minutes from the plantation where Joel Chandler Harris worked as a boy and learned the Uncle Remus stories... it was always jarring to me to have a ride that obviously takes place in the South (it does look like GA) in an area that is supposedly for "Western Migration/Manifest Destiny." I love Splash Mountain, just wished it was in a different area....
I'm guessing you've never seen posts (mostly about the Disneyland version) discussing how the red clay is an example of cartoon design being loved, because there is no clay that's red like that...

menamechris

Well, I guess we can see where this campaign is headed... Take something that is already offered on a daily basis - and try to trick people into thinking it's for a limited time. Dance parties in Tomorrowland is a daily offering year round. What's limited about it? The hourly countdown? Looks like they're off to a great start... :cool:

dreamfinder

DLR gets 3 Kings and the return of the Golden Horsehoe. And WDW gets what? Another dance party? I can see kids liking it, at least until they go to bed. But how many 3-5 yo's are still trucking in the MK at midnight? Although, this could explain why MK is now open til 1AM, way later than originally announced. I don't think it's a terrible offering, as the kids do seem to like the dance parties, but I guess I was hoping for a bit more creativity and originality. And aren't some of the ear hats they show already available seasonally?

ptaylor

Premium Member
Not good. Since this is the first event, you would think it would be one of the better offerings. But a already mentioned, dont we already have a Tomorrowland dance party? And more merchandise as part of this? Great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom