News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Some temporary lights are setup in the courtyard at Tower of Terror - looks like this is where the Tip Top Club is going to be. Will be interesting to see how they handle the exiting guests from ToT around this.

IMG_7327.jpeg

TheMaxRebo

This might be a test to see if these are popular outside of Magic Kingdom. I don't know if they'd be able to do this at Animal though; don't they need to legally close the park at a certain time for the animals' wellbeing?

They have done the after hours events in the past at Animal Kingdom, most recent I see is 2020. Just the animal related attractions are closed (so no Safari, etc)

But the party times were 9m to midnight, you could get in a 7pm

TheMaxRebo

I am very interested to see how tonight goes at Jollywood

Seems like could be a really fun date night type activity, but with all the upcharge food and drink, also an expensive one

Hope the shows knock it out of the park

bmr1591

So a few thoughts from watching streams:

1. No one seems very impressed. In fact, almost everyone streaming is just confused and questioning why they wasted their money.

2. I wonder if a Nightmare Before Christmas Sing Along was really the best choice for such an adult-themed party. Don't get me wrong, I know it has plenty of fans, but we just saw them at Halloween and they're at MVMCP. More unique character offerings certainly would have helped this event out.

3. A lot of complaints about the lack of free food. I know there was none advertised, but making an EPCOT Festival after-party just seems like a very strange choice.

Overall...

cc2ee31e8319ed31b62bbb27ca488b68.gif

jrhwdw

The Theatre Of The Stars Show seems nice. It has live music it look like, the Dancers outfits could be more colorful......

Stitchon

The crowds for some of the offerings seems pretty insane, I don't think they accounted for everyone trying to do the offerings. Wonder if its a one night blogger/streamer thing.
My first thought was an overabundance of blogger types inundating the place and messing with crowd flow. However, a friend of mine pointed out similarities to the mess that was Villains Unleashed. That begs the question of why they didn't learn from previous mistakes.

TheMaxRebo

Know someone there who was in the park from earlier and went to pick up their credentials and was a huge line that was barely moving and the CM they spoke to said "we weren't expecting so many people in the park"

Why is Disney always surprised by the demand and intense nature of their guests/fans?

From what I have seen of the shows they look really good but this feels like something they could just do during the park day and have all the special drinks/food they sell for the added $

Thumper 32

The crowds for some of the offerings seems pretty insane, I don't think they accounted for everyone trying to do the offerings. Wonder if its a one night blogger/streamer thing.
According to MDX, the Fab 6 are alternating at their character greeting? They can’t even have enough coverage to have them back to back for the new costumes they spent so much effort promoting?? Wow they really are that inept.

Squishy

Know someone there who was in the park from earlier and went to pick up their credentials and was a huge line that was barely moving and the CM they spoke to said "we weren't expecting so many people in the park"

Why is Disney always surprised by the demand and intense nature of their guests/fans?

From what I have seen of the shows they look really good but this feels like something they could just do during the park day and have all the special drinks/food they sell for the added $
The fact that the park is smaller & tighter than a park like MK isnt helping either I'm guessing.

Stitchon

It's so astonishing to me how they keep setting themselves up for failure like this. They should know an accurate number of people who will be coming, and should be staffing accordingly. Just insane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom