News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

mcamuso

I’m starting to wonder if they won’t be.
Same. Though I can't see them operating Slinky Dog and not the rest of Toy Story Land, same with Galaxy's Edge and Rise of the Resistance. Going to need to staff the lands with security and such, why not run the rest of the attractions. On the other hand, neither land's dining options were listed in the food options. Seems like Olga's or Round Up BBQ would be prime for some holiday themed stuff. Having second thoughts about buying the tickets before they started and there were reviews.

MagicHappens1971

They could do Life Day if they wanted to extend it there and just say the citizens of Batuu were aligning their celebration or something but they haven't done that to date so certainly wouldn't expect it
Yeah, I was going to comment on that, but since they haven't extended "Life Day" outside of an excuse to sell subtly themed Christmas merch in Galaxy's Edge, than no. I don't foresee them doing anything remotely Christmas with Galaxy's Edge during Jollywood Nights, if they were it would've been announced.

Tha Realest

Yeah, I was going to comment on that, but since they haven't extended "Life Day" outside of an excuse to sell subtly themed Christmas merch in Galaxy's Edge, than no. I don't foresee them doing anything remotely Christmas with Galaxy's Edge during Jollywood Nights, if they were it would've been announced.
Christmas celebrations are joyful, mirthful, and full of life - everything antithetical to what SWGE is.

LSLS

"Enjoy after-hours access to favorite rides and coasters, such as:

And more!

Available attractions are subject to change."

The website does say "and more" which is just strange... why not release what other attractions will be open?
My negative perspective is it has something to do with keeping the numbers of cast working as lean as possible. So if a night doesn't sell out, call off the people working Midway Mania since the other lines won't be long. Or if there are a few rides that take a lot more people to run, maybe they only keep one of those up and just switch based on the night.

OR, it could be they don't want to draw attention to the fact there are just not a lot of attractions at DHS. I mean, they list them for Magic Kingdom, and it really highlights how much you can get in there (like 25 rides or so).

Or none of the above. Does seem strange though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My negative perspective is it has something to do with keeping the numbers of cast working as lean as possible. So if a night doesn't sell out, call off the people working Midway Mania since the other lines won't be long. Or if there are a few rides that take a lot more people to run, maybe they only keep one of those up and just switch based on the night.

OR, it could be they don't want to draw attention to the fact there are just not a lot of attractions at DHS. I mean, they list them for Magic Kingdom, and it really highlights how much you can get in there (like 25 rides or so).

Or none of the above. Does seem strange though.
Over and over again, we've seen the list of rides available for special events be incorrect and not corrected until a week before the event. Very similar to how the parade or fireworks or EMH get left off the schedule and people panic, and they eventually get added.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I've bought into idea t hat Disney strongly prefers adults and older kids over younger kids and that the attraction list is a signpost. All dates should sell out so it's maybe about optimizing the guest mix as long as possible.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've bought into idea t hat Disney strongly prefers adults and older kids over younger kids and that the attraction list is a signpost. All dates should sell out so it's maybe about optimizing the guest mix as long as possible.
So, they're not going to put a Christmas overlay of the Cars attraction up front?

Andrew25

For this type of event, it's pretty obvious who they are directing the event at. Alcohol sales are profitable, people love feeling special by buying event-exclusive merchandise, and considering it's a rather cheap event to pull off, it will be a very profitable event for them (if popular).

Might be the start of a slew of adult-oriented events at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom