News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

celluloid

The Tip Top Soriee and Muppets are the best concepts for this event, but its not HHN level effort.

Conceptually fine, but like the halloween attempt at the same park years ago, a miss.

The Tip Top soiree should have been backstage in an auxiliary space where it felt like you were getting there via a room themed to an elevator. Some HHN level(in terms of budget considering what the hard ticket costs) temporary theming to an area where if you have to wait 25 minutes for a drink, then it is a club. It would have been Disney's Dead Coconut Club but classier.

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The fact that the park is smaller & tighter than a park like MK isnt helping either I'm guessing.
If the crowd capacity is scaled to park size then park size doesn't really matter. Instead, it seems like they sized the crowd as though people would spread throughout the park, but it's a problem that huge chunks, TSL and GE, have nothing back there to draw people.

I'm happy we weren't able to get tickets until the 20th. First, some time to work out kinks. Second, maybe Disney tackles that partially by lowering capacity for no sold out dates. We'll see if any dates "sell out" quickly now.

TDLFan

Hollywood show was cute. Dancers costumes look very Carnival cruise ship though. The costume change for the finale looked better. Can't believe with the amount speaking and singing by Mickey and Minnie they didn't use articulated heads. Is theater of the stars not set up for that tech or is this just TDO conducting business as usual?

Squishy

They really had no budget to restore the DHS flamethrowers & 2 missing side lasers in JBJB... I think it has more pyro than the 2019 version in some areas.

gerarar

Premium Member
They really had no budget to restore the DHS flamethrowers & 2 missing side lasers in JBJB... I think it has more pyro than the 2019 version in some areas.
Unless the pouring rain was a factor tonight, the flamethrowers are probably gone. Or they could be in the same situation as DL's flame throwers that have been on pause ever since the fire incidient in their F!

I did notice there was more pyro, which is probably due to them not using the World Drive launch site and make up for the lack of high-level shells.

Squishy

Unless the pouring rain was a factor tonight, the flamethrowers are probably gone. Or they could be in the same situation as DL's flame throwers that have been on pause ever since the fire incidient in their F!

I did notice there was more pyro, which is probably due to them not using the World Drive launch site.
They've been removed ever since the covid closure, they used to be in the projection show pre covid. The flamethrowers got replaced by this pyrotechnic in JBJB which seems to be from Fantasmic
1699768423226.png

1699768442444.png

gerarar

Premium Member
They've been removed ever since the covid closure, they used to be in the projection show pre covid. The flamethrowers got replaced by this pyrotechnic in JBJB which seems to be from Fantasmic
View attachment 753744
View attachment 753745
I wonder if they were moved from the Hocus Pocus stage show. Fantasmic! used to have those green/red flames next to Malificient on the lift, but ever since the MNSSHP parties started in August, they were using B-mode on the barges in the water (in your second picture).

They could've borrowed the pyro equipment from F! for that stage show, and now they could've moved it to Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show lol.

Edit, adding pics.
Screenshot_20231112_000520_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20231112_000622_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

celluloid

I don’t need to be there to know the Pluto is the same as Hollywood & Dine, the goofy was from Disneyland, P&F were from 11 years ago at the Studios, and Max + Rescue Rangers were out all summer. 4 new overlays is pathetic to Mount a new event

Agreed. Or that Matt Vogel still sounds off as someone said, or that the Tip Top Soriee is not an attempt at an indoor Tip top Club, but rather, a small stage built around a lightpost at the exit with drink stands.

Wild that this is the same theme park resort who gave us Country Bear Christmas and entertainment offerings in season theme included with event just a couple decades ago. Now we are lucky to get Jingle Cruise by day.

Richie248

This event had such potential and something they could bring to DCA. Bummed to hear it didn't deliver on its first night. Even if they fix the staffing issues, the offerings themselves still appear to be lackluster. Not sure how this became such a big miss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom