Disney is fading on me

amjt660

The MK is a zoo. Visited by the worst theme park audience of any global Disney park, and permanently under attack from TDO. Somehow they managed to turn the world's greatest castle park into the world's worst.

Remember how one day you could sit on a bench anywhere, listen to live music in every land, and browse for antiques in LS and for flowers on MS?

DHS is a park I adored even a few years ago, but with the closure of the GMR it is now well and truly dead. The verdict on the new park is not in yet. But TSL and weirdo Mickey so far hold little appeal to me.

EPCOT's demise dates from a long time ago. The Pixar / Marvel / Princess park that is currently replacing it is fine. If you are DCA, that is. For EPCOT it is and always will be a disgrace.

DAK has improved though, I'm spending ever more time there. Like so many other fans my attention has slowly moved south west.
Worst theme park audience?

Have you been to Shanghai?

Max

Tony the Tigger

It is ridiculous and imprecise to measure the state of WDW by one visit.

We’ve had “off” visits. We thought it would be fun to go on New Year’s Eve several years ago and stay a few days. I think we had a 3 or 4 day pass. After day one, we decided to go home early and save our tickets for another time when it was less crowded. Next time was great.

More recently, we went in early December and got stuck in the MK closing ropes late at night, long wait for the monorail. Of course I hated that, and of course I mentioned how unpleasant it was in my TR.

We didn’t think, “Disney is over” or slipping, or losing magic. It was just an off time, make the best of it, next time will be great.

Try not to be such drama queens.

Chef Mickey

The MK is a zoo. Visited by the worst theme park audience of any global Disney park, and permanently under attack from TDO. Somehow they managed to turn the world's greatest castle park into the world's worst.

Remember how one day you could sit on a bench anywhere, listen to live music in every land, and browse for antiques in LS and for flowers on MS?

DHS is a park I adored even a few years ago, but with the closure of the GMR it is now well and truly dead. The verdict on the new park is not in yet. But TSL and weirdo Mickey so far hold little appeal to me.

EPCOT's demise dates from a long time ago. The Pixar / Marvel / Princess park that is currently replacing it is fine. If you are DCA, that is. For EPCOT it is and always will be a disgrace.

DAK has improved though, I'm spending ever more time there. Like so many other fans my attention has slowly moved south west.
Way too jaded. You make it sound awful and it’s just not.

There are some disappointing things, of course. However, there are still wonderful things, better things, and new things to enjoy.

joejccva71

It's one thing to have an opinion, but you literally created this post looking for attention. It's amazing how many people expect the parks to have the perfect amount of attendance for when they go on vacation. People visit the parks during July and August along with going on EMH days and wonder why the parks are a "zoo".

No offense but Universal and Seaworld are right down the street.

Last edited:

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Here's my $.02.
If you constantly go to WDW, then I think the wow factor decreases, couple that with high volume of crowds, and I think its natural for one to feel the excitement of WDW to be waning. Factor in the high volume of renovations going on, and that just accelerates the frustration.

I'm heading to WDW in April, and I'm really excited. Its a been a couple years since my last visit, my kids are really excited and this may be our last trip for at a few years. The only wildcard in that mindset is that Star Wars opening up in HS, we may book a short trip for that.

DisneyPrincess5

Here's my $.02.
If you constantly go to WDW, then I think the wow factor decreases, couple that with high volume of crowds, and I think its natural for one to feel the excitement of WDW to be waning. Factor in the high volume of renovations going on, and that just accelerates the frustration.

I'm heading to WDW in April, and I'm really excited. Its a been a couple years since my last visit, my kids are really excited and this may be our last trip for at a few years. The only wildcard in that mindset is that Star Wars opening up in HS, we may book a short trip for that.
I totally hear you on this. I am very much like that...repetition equates to boredom for me, even with stuff I love like certain food, people, routines, and places including Disney. I ADORE the place. But going every year even is too much for me. Never mind the cost. Last we went was 3/2016, now we’re going 5/2018 and the excitement factor is in high gear. I like the time and space in between because it gives us time to miss it, and also gives s time and funds to experience other places.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It is ridiculous and imprecise to measure the state of WDW by one visit.

We’ve had “off” visits. We thought it would be fun to go on New Year’s Eve several years ago and stay a few days. I think we had a 3 or 4 day pass. After day one, we decided to go home early and save our tickets for another time when it was less crowded. Next time was great.

More recently, we went in early December and got stuck in the MK closing ropes late at night, long wait for the monorail. Of course I hated that, and of course I mentioned how unpleasant it was in my TR.

We didn’t think, “Disney is over” or slipping, or losing magic. It was just an off time, make the best of it, next time will be great.

Try not to be such drama queens.
I think this sums it up pretty well. It is similar to a dining experience at WDW. Wife and I had an excellent experience at California Grille and the next visit was off. We tried again a year later and it was great. Same for several other locations. You cant write it off after one bad experience. I visited Mizners Lounge several times and never really enjoyed it and didnt go back for the next few trips. Last year I gave it another shot and wound up having a great time. The band started playing and I struck up a conversation with the fellow next to me who wound up being a Captain of the ships at Disney Springs and Friendships. I am fully aware that if I visit again, it may not be as good. I think that is one reason many of us love WDW. Every visit is different no matter how many times you may have been.

slappy magoo

The first trip I took my my then-GF-now-wife was all sorts of awesome. Even with one hurricane having passed before our arrival and another cutting our vacation short a day, it was great.
Second trip, during a Spring Break, was so stressful, she thought we were going to break up. Instead we bought DVC points. I wasn't going to let a few bad days color my perception of WDW anymore than it would color my perception of her.

Since then we've gone back a number of times, together, then with our daughter, then with both our daughters. We've had a series of amazing never-will-forget-this-moment moments. And we've had occasions where we're all mad at each other, surly, disappointed. Kind of like life in general.

We've griped about price increases. We've noticed when a section of park or a restaurant wasn't as great as it was the last time. We've also noticed when it was better. We've seen Dumbo go from an endurance contest where you wait in the hot sun for an hour to ride for 2 minutes into a fun air conditioned playground the kids enjoy more than the ride itself (as do we). We've seen the queues employ interactive elements to help pass the time. We've learned how to navigate Fastpass to get the most bang for our buck. We've learned how to better pace ourselves, maybe going hardcore park commando one day, then taking it as easy as possible the next so we're not burned out. In part because of being DVC members, I'm one of those cats who prepare for trips nearly a year out, where would we like to stay, what will our restaurants of choice be, what days will we go where and what will we do first, etc. My oldest has her own Disney guide she reads and plans. For us, Disney trips are like visits to a family member we can only take every couple of years. But like a family member, we don't necessarily like every little thing they do, every little rule we make. But we always want to visit.

joejccva71

Shaming and name calling seems to the common tactic against constructive criticism.

I didn't see it as being constructive. Saying MK was the worst of their trip and the only reason given was that "the crowds were unbearable" but don't give any kind of qualification to the statement is plain ignorant. It's the most popular theme park in the world, but they're complaining about the crowds being unbearable? Are we serious? What are you expecting? Lol. Then the person didn't give any explanation as to what day they went, whether it was EMH, was it during peak times? Nothing.

Then they said something like "besides Epcot, the rest of the parks can kiss my tucas" but again didn't give a reason as to why. Animal Kingdom is absolutely fantastic. Flight of Passage beats any attraction not only at WDW but also at Universal. Please don't tell me that people are complaining about having too long of lines. And if that's the case, then people probably should wait 3+ years before going to Star Wars Land so they're not miserable.

I feel like people are complaining because the parks aren't centered around THEM.

Tk0021

We are going for the third time in three years and I consider myself very lucky to be able to afford it. The first time was amazing, the second time was blah and I am hoping to correct and change up a few things that made our trip feel blah last year, but this will be our last trip for at least awhile ( years). I asked my 6 year old daughter if she would like to go to WDW or somewhere else.........she paused and I almost fell over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom