Disney Inspired Pet Names??

disney21

Original Poster
(not sure if this has been asked before) but I'm curious if Disney parks, characters, attractions, etc. have inspired what you name your pets...
For my family: We named our two hamsters chip and dale .
** that's about as creative as we got ! :]

whizGoofy

My Wife & I have 2 dogs. One is named Daisy (Very common name) and she was named Daisy when we got her. And the other is named Violet, from the Incredibles. Both are Disney names and are also both flowers. We thought it was cute.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
We have a parakeet that my little brother named Barbossa

I am a toddler teacher at a daycare and since virtually everyone of them has seen Finding Nemo, we name all of our class fish after Nemo names. Currently we have: Nemo, Dory, Flo, Pearl, Darla, and Squishy (Dory in the movie calls the anglerfish "my little Squishy" or something like that.)

lilclerk

When we got my dog (13 years ago now :eek:) I was intent on naming her Perdita, but she came with the name Daphne. Either would work for her as she's very prissy, but we stuck with Daphne because she already knew it =)

Just wait til I get a house though... it'll be full of Disney-named dogs.

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
My cat (pictured in my avatar) his name is Raja and my niece had a kitty named Figaro not black and white like Pinocchio's but a little gray and white tabby.

Disney_Belle

We adopted a puppy from the local shelter last year, she was very sick and only 4 weeks old and had been mistreated.

When we got her I named her "Belle" of course :) And she is such a great dog :) I am so happy that I adopted... I feel so great about saving her... our vet even told us if we hadn't taken her she probably would have died :( So I feel so great that we kept that from happening. So happy we went and adopted another puppy this summer... her name is Smudge... my husband named her lol :shrug:

Also in the past I have had the Mickey Mouse fish (has anyone ever seen these? they are like gold fish but have the mickey face on them?) I had one named Mickey and another named Minnie.

I had a cat named Kiara (from Simba's pride).

A gerbil named Daisy.

I think that is it.

Raven66

We have two dogs (both of them adopted from the humane society) and one of them is named Disney World. The other is not WDW related. Her name is Seeka. We had a hamster named Splash Mountain but he has since passed away. We also named a stray cat Figaro that we took care of. He was black and white.

DisneyLindz

we've got a few in our family

jasmine- our 14 year old english cocker spaniel
lily (named after tigerlily from peter pan) a gray and black stripe cat

and one that has went to dog heaven this last year:
rolly- a very well loved and missed dalmation. :cry:

allison<3

My family has five dogs and each one is named after a Disney character. There is Thumper (Bambi), Baloo(Jungle Book), Slinky(Toy Story), Mike(Monsters, Inc), and Meeko (Pocahontas).

I'm glad to see other Disney inspired pet names, some friends I have that are much less Disney-enthusiasts than us think we are crazy!

=)

abug'saunt

Where do I start?

3 cats - Belle (female, calico), Tigger (female, orange tabby) and Philoctetes (sp? the goat man in Hercules, brother to Tigger).

Had 2 other cats Jasmine and Simba, litter mates of Belle but they ran away about 3 years ago. And unfortunately our fish Pleakly (Lilo & Stitch) died last month and left Oscar alone.

We also have a dog named Ali (female) and a snake named Grimbold. But they weren't named after anything Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom