Disney Inspired Pet Names??

mpoppins76

While in WDW years ago we had dinner in Germany. While watching the "bench dancers" myself and the other men in my family took notice of a beautiful girl dancer who was, shall we say, quite well-endowed. Her name was Anya. It became the joke of the trip, the guys couldn't stop talking about her, and the women in the family grew tired of hearing about her.

Shortly after returning we got a labrador retriever puppy. We wanted a Disney-related name but couldn't find one that fit just right. Finally I started laughing and said, "How about Anya?" My wife protested, "I will not have my dog named after a big-breasted German dancer!" But somehow the name stuck (with a more creative spelling). Her AKC registered name was: "Onya Benchdance of Disney".

We still laugh thinking about how she got her name.
:lol::sohappy:Great story!!!!

Cynderella

lol Isn't it funny how you name your dog a name, and from that stems about 15 others? :hammer: lol

My cousins call her Kodabeans, because Koda's "cousin" (my dog Belle) we call Bellesabeans and they play together all the time lol.

They also call her Kodabear.

Wow that is a little freaky because we totally call her Kodabear too! :lookaroun:lol:

CLandrum

Before our first trip to Disney we got a kitten. My daughter was in love with her. Well she turned out to be ill and after $1000 dollars at the vet and a month later she had to be put to sleep :(. A week after we got back from Disney there was definatly something missing from our house so my mom and me called every rescue shelter in town and no one had any kittens. So I found a web site with a link to the Bartlesville, Ok ASPCA, they had allot of kittens. So at 3pm we made the 3 hour drive to OK. The place closed at 6pm and we arrived at 6:15. Luckly there were still people there and they let us pick out wonderful kitten. We brought him home to my daughter at 10 at night. She took one look at him and named him Mickey Mouse Landrum. He is very healthy and happy. My maltese and him are best buds. I would recommend to anyone to try to adopt a pet from a shelter they really need allot of love and they really appriciate it.

Tiggerfanatic

While in WDW years ago we had dinner in Germany. While watching the "bench dancers" myself and the other men in my family took notice of a beautiful girl dancer who was, shall we say, quite well-endowed. Her name was Anya. It became the joke of the trip, the guys couldn't stop talking about her, and the women in the family grew tired of hearing about her.

Shortly after returning we got a labrador retriever puppy. We wanted a Disney-related name but couldn't find one that fit just right. Finally I started laughing and said, "How about Anya?" My wife protested, "I will not have my dog named after a big-breasted German dancer!" But somehow the name stuck (with a more creative spelling). Her AKC registered name was: "Onya Benchdance of Disney".

We still laugh thinking about how she got her name.

I almost forgot about this one. Several years ago we adopted a black lab mix puppy, and just couldn't come up with the "right" name for her. It finally hit me one day while watching The Last Crusade. Her name became Indy, because "We named the dog Indiana!"

princsslily

We first got two cats and wanted to give them unique Disney Names:

We started by naming the black one Bagheera from Jungle book

We then named his brother a gray cat Ragha because I liked Aladdin

Then we got a Chihuahua and named him Tito of course from Oliver and Company

Then a orange and white cat and named him Sabor from Tarzan

Then we got a female Shilo Shepard and named her Lady

Since then our boys have their own fish named after disnay characters, lets see... Then have Nemo & Bruce, 2 Mickey Mouse fish, a Goofy and a Pluto. And there must be others as they have more fish than that but their names constantly change but always disney. Oh and they have named most of their webkins and build a bears after disney characters as well. I think their obsessed, I wonder where they get it from :shrug:

Frosty689

I haven't posted in awhile and I hope everyone is doing well...

I only have one cat!! But she's named Nalla (Sp?) from the Lion King. I have a pretty long story that leads up to getting Nalla, we found her as a stray with her brother who were going to name Simba. Sadly, another family took Simba before we could get him.:cry: We were extremely upset about that, but were still lucky that we have our Nalla!!

princsslily

We first got two cats and wanted to give them unique Disney Names:

We started by naming the black one Bagheera from Jungle book

We then named his brother a gray cat Ragha because I liked Aladdin

Then we got a Chihuahua and named him Tito of course from Oliver and Company

Then a orange and white cat and named him Sabor from Tarzan

Then we got a female Shilo Shepard and named her Lady

Since then our boys have their own fish named after disnay characters, lets see... Then have Nemo & Bruce, 2 Mickey Mouse fish, a Goofy and a Pluto. And there must be others as they have more fish than that but their names constantly change but always disney. Oh and they have named most of their webkins and build a bears after disney characters as well. I think their obsessed, I wonder where they get it from :shrug:

I forgot to mention that the shepards registered name is "Ocean States Disney Lady"

DizneyPryncess

This is my Simba! ~ When he was a kitten he would pounce on things & bound around the room just like The Lion King's Simba. So that's what I went with. He is my baby :eek:

m_05f2e60c33c526df4d53ee7686288039.jpg

I used to have a Roger Rabbit too, but he's gone now. :(

camithepirate

I have a 4 year old orange tabby named Nani (the older sister from Lilo & Stich). Kinda out there as a disney name, but my brothers often called me that after the movie came out. :p

My little brothers (huge) 2 year old tabby was going to be named capt'n jack, becuase he has a pattern in his fur that looks like he has an eye patch on, but they changed it to Luke (as in luke skywalker) at the last minute. :brick:

Kaity'sDad

We have two daschunds at our house. Our female is Tinkerbell (or Tink, as she is called most often) and a male named Buzz Lightyear (Buzz). The best part is that they both have Halloween costumes matching the character they are named after (complete with both Buzz and Fairy wings). They are a hit in our town every year. Our girls dress up every year too as their favorite princess or character, so we make a real scene.

swimmom

We have an orange & white cat named Tigger. He lost the tips of his ears to frost bite, so he looks more like a tiger with is little short ears. He's also bouncy, loveable & fun, fun, fun fun, fun!!!!

WhatJaneSays

In the past my family's has a Jack Russel named Dodger and a mostly orange calico cat named Timon. At the moment none of my criters have Disney names. A Friend just lost her cat Tinkerbell but has gotten a new kitten which they have named Tiki after her favorite non-ride at MK.

If no one claims her I might be rescuing little Wendy soon. Isn't she cute!

53854-wendy-cat.jpg

SeanC

Recently adopted an all white Havanese dog (think Maltese but add 10 pounds)...named her Yeti. And boy is she a little monster...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom