Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

ExtinctJenn

Now if that is the way it will look, then there is no way to call that a fail... That looks pretty cool on video and probably better in person... Again, this is the risks I want to see them taking...
I couldn't agree more. I think this was actually a really smart idea someone had to take the whole opening of NFL to a new level. I'm willing to bet some folks in TDO originally poo-poo'd it because of how unusual of an idea it was. Seeing it from that perspective coupled with the cute storyline they are giving it between the actual "story" and Gary's blog stuff... well done Disney!

Atomicmickey

RT @InsideTheMagic I asked about Disney's flying dragon and was told it is a "surprise" spectacle for tonight's media party only. WDW is doing it, not WDI.

OK, so, weird.

I don't think we have the whole story, here.

If it was a one time thing, for the press, why have the whole tumblr thing?
It's not like the actual, accredited press is out there hitting 'refresh, refresh, refresh'.
They're out covering shopping mall openings and such and probably haven't even
looked at their day planner "where am I going tomorrow, again? Oh, crap, Disney World?"
(unlike the oft-mentioned social media bloggers who are invited and get in for free
and can hardly wait to see the thing they already saw months ago!)

I wouldn't put it past them to have this be a one-time thing, but that
doesn't add up.

If they DO get a lot of publicity about it, and it gets out so far that clueless families
planning their once-in-a-lifetime magical vacations get a whiff of it, well, there will
be a lot of people asking CM's "say, isn't there supposed to be some sort of dragon ride/show/thing?
I thought I saw it in USA Today/Morning Show X".

Well, I guess we'll see.

elbushman

The "viral" video with the little kid is one of the worst-done videos I've ever seen. So fake.

I hate when my intelligence is being insulted. Disney can do better than that.

That being said, the dragon looks really cool.

The Empress Lilly

New video, this one appears to be an edited "viral" video. But, still fun...

The video is a bit silly. But that dragon is just AWESOME!!
lol101.gif

Bring it out every night indeed!

Dragons over FL! The Wright Brothers over Main Street! And why isn't there a pterodactyl flying over DAK!?

ExtinctJenn

RT @InsideTheMagic I asked about Disney's flying dragon and was told it is a "surprise" spectacle for tonight's media party only. WDW is doing it, not WDI.
If it was a one time thing, for the press, why have the whole tumblr thing?
I'd have to agree.. I think Inside the Magic is incorrect. I can't see them putting all the effort into the blog, the fake videos and photos etc. for a one-night media only thing. There'd be no need in posting anything to a guest-centric blog.

GLaDOS

I'd have to agree.. I think Inside the Magic is incorrect. I can't see them putting all the effort into the blog, the fake videos and photos etc. for a one-night media only thing. There'd be no need in posting anything to a guest-centric blog.

You guys, Ricky Brigante is getting this straight from the horse's mouth.

WDWFREAK53

Could be that the only "fail" involved will be if they only use the thing once.
It should be a nightly thing, year-round.

Just like Tink. Definitely should be something...it would be a weinie to get people into Fantasyland after dark.

asianway

Youve just noticed now that the bloggers get Disney experiences above and beyond the regular park guests?

Wait for it - Ricky is usually spot on...

Gtovryslf

I'm going to agree with the comment that Ricky is usually VERY accurate in his postings. Nonetheless, it's a HUGE slap in the face and a FAIL of epic proportions if this is indeed just for the "press." Press as in anyone who has the name Disney, Mickey, etc. in their blogspot or wordpress blog. Shame.

td1129

I'm going to agree with the comment that Ricky is usually VERY accurate in his postings. Nonetheless, it's a HUGE slap in the face and a FAIL of epic proportions if this is indeed just for the "press." Press as in anyone who has the name Disney, Mickey, etc. in their blogspot or wordpress blog. Shame.

Slap in the face? Really? What is it exactly that you feel entitled to?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom