Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

motox7

Epic fail or not, I think this is something that they need to do... Push the bar which they aren't doing at all, anywhere, in any attraction... They are playing it safe right now... Two lights and a lot of noise from a flying contraption is far from impressive... But, let's see how they use this in a show... Let's face it, they could have just used a card board cut out and a strobe light... If this is used in a show, and all it looks like is two lights and sounds like a swarm of bees, then fail... We'll find out soon enough...
well I have a feeling it will be better lit up to see it when the time comes but for now they only have those dots of light as safety precautions because they don't want to much attention drawn to it.

Captain Chaos

well I have a feeling it will be better lit up to see it when the time comes but for now they only have those dots of light as safety precautions because they don't want to much attention drawn to it.
Exactly, which is why we cannot judge this as a great achievement or an epic fail... We need to wait to see how they use it... IF, when they use it, we see two lights and hear a swarm of bees, then, fail... But fail in the usage, not in the risk taking... I am glad they are taking a chance on something like this... They do not take risks anymore... At least this is a risk (ok, not a bar raising risk)... We shall find out soon enough their plans for this flying contraption..

That's likely the only time they can test it without people around, before it makes its first official appearance. I mean, who'd be crazy enough to be diving around at 3am looking for a dragon? Nobody! ;)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. B/c at the day time, people are like, "OMG OMG! DRAGON!" :eek: And in the night, you can't see it.

JCtheparrothead

Ok just walked out on my patio and got caught off guard by something landing behind imagination pavilion. No video yet but I am watching close now. Wonder if they are prepping for a illuminations joy ride.

Alektronic

Ok just walked out on my patio and got caught off guard by something landing behind imagination pavilion. No video yet but I am watching close now. Wonder if they are prepping for a illuminations joy ride.

That was actually a Medivac helicopter evacuating a unconscious person.

Captain Chaos

New video, this one appears to be an edited "viral" video. But, still fun...

New video. Dragon appears towards the end, you get a much clearer look at it:

Unless it's edited. Can't really tell.

Now if that is the way it will look, then there is no way to call that a fail... That looks pretty cool on video and probably better in person... Again, this is the risks I want to see them taking...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom