Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

Gtovryslf

To do list:
  1. Start a blog with the name Disney or Mickey in it.
  2. Copy and paste a few press releases and photos and post.
  3. Apply for "media" credentials.
  4. Sit back and tweet over and over that I got to see something and you did not and reiterate that you never will. Also take 10,000 instagram pics of cupcakes, mouse ears, iPods and anything else that I got for free because "I'm media!"

awesomeinabox

At a minimum, they could use the dragon during the Halloween or Christmas parties to given some extra value to those hard tickets.
Or even during MK EMH, get people to pay to stay at a resort hotel for the night.

Looks like youtube has all of the comments open, and people aren't too happy about the one night only thing... gee I wonder why.:rolleyes:

The dragon looked great! I dont see why they would only use it once!

The angle you are seeing it from is very deceiving. Based on the size of the BatB castle versus the dragon, I am guessing the camera had a telephoto lens on it. In short, what you are seeing is a compressed image where the dragon is no where near the park. I can only assume this is to minimize the noise from the fan. I'd wait to see footage from actual visiting media to see how close they even brought the prop to the park.

That being said, I find it amazing how many people are surprised with this retro-fitting of WDI concepts. I wonder when the last time disney used the old approach of coming up with attraction concepts/stories first and figuring out ways to create them, as opposed to slapping a skin or projection around a patent already lying around.

bubbles1812

Or even during MK EMH, get people to pay to stay at a resort hotel for the night.

Looks like youtube has all of the comments open, and people aren't too happy about the one night only thing... gee I wonder why.:rolleyes:
And seriously, what is the betting that the PR department didn't see that coming at all? If you want people who live in Fantasyland, look no further...

awesomeinabox

And seriously, what is the betting that the PR department didn't see that coming at all? If you want people who live in Fantasyland, look no further...
I can hear it now "Gee won't it be awesome for all of these people to get first hand accounts of awesome stuff from the blogging community? Won't they be happy knowing that they won't have to worry about seeing something because it will be so well covered. Guests never miss something if the bloggers are there."

awesomeinabox

No wait the press release will probably go something like this:... based on popular demand we at TDO have decided to graciously allow guests to experience our amazing dragon on the first Sunday night of the month pending weather. Until then please read the disney parks blog!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom