Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

wdw71fan

The "dragon" was and still is a huge fiasco. They originally planned to fly it over the Seven Seas Lagoon for multiple evenings, unannounced, with a Polynesian themed event. Think Taste of Africa. Logistically it would have been a nightmare for parking and the resort.

PR then used an idea from WDI to tie New Fantasyland together with the dragon. An idea that they never signed off on completely and they announced anyways. There was no planning for this and do not draw any conclusions that this will lead to any dragon-esque attractions since none of the properties in New Fantasyland involve a dragon. This is simply an excuse to use this thing they couldn't find a use for and save face for the money they wasted.

ding ding ding, we have a winner!

orky8

They have officially jumped the shark. And they used a dragon to do it. Yes, the dragon was cool. But what the heck?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They have officially jumped the shark. And they used a dragon to do it. Yes, the dragon was cool. But what the heck?
A dragon flying around a castle actually makes more sense than a dragon flying around The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast attractions.

orky8

A dragon flying around a castle actually makes more sense than a dragon flying around The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast attractions.

It was flying around Beast's castle. There were no dragons in BATB, nor Belle's Echanted Christmas or Enchanted World. Heck, not even in Cinderella. The dragon had nothing to do with anything, it was publicity stunt that made no sense.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It was flying around Beast's castle. There were no dragons in BATB, nor Belle's Echanted Christmas or Enchanted World. Heck, not even in Cinderella. The dragon had nothing to do with anything, it was publicity stunt that made no sense.
The video made it appear to be flying around Cinderella Castle. :confused:

I do agree that it doesn't fit the stories of FL, but it is pretty cool looking.

A dragon flying around a castle does fit other mythological stories from tales of yore.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Tinkerbell has nothing to do with Cinderella either but she still flies from the castle during wishes. Dragons in fantasyland in general makes some sense. The new fantasyland is an enchanted forest that is home to Beast's Castle, LM and eventually 7 dwarves. The characters don't have to be limited to those 3 movies.

I hope they fly the dragon out at least periodically, daily would be great.

CaptainShortty

I wonder since the Fantasyland Media event was tonight if they were just using it as a "sneak peek at what's coming later" type of thing. Although it doesn't really fit at all in Fantasyland it does fit nicely into avatarland if that ever gets off the ground...

Just a thought.

Dopey77

As most of you now know, the "infamous" flying dragon finally flew tonight.. and its being advertised as a special one night only appearance.

If this is the case... bad form Disney. I get that the media is all in attendance, and this event is to drum up hype and excitement for the opening.. but seriously?!?! You go through all this hype and weeks of social media postings about this "dragon" and the only time the spectacle will be seen is at a closed event, open only to members of the media. Never giving the park guests an opportunity (who 98% of them have saved to splurge their income at the place where dreams come true) to witness this remarkable creature.

asianway

I wonder since the Fantasyland Media event was tonight if they were just using it as a "sneak peek at what's coming later" type of thing. Although it doesn't really fit at all in Fantasyland it does fit nicely into avatarland if that ever gets off the ground...

Just a thought.
I'll start planning my 2017 vacation now then

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom