Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

Skyway

We aren't exactly flying over Area 51 here.

No kidding.

And as you know, someone bent on causing harm probably won't feel too guilty violating the TFR. Which makes is rather pointless, except to keep away banner planes.

Should the federal government be in the business of limiting public airspace over private companies for non-security reasons? (They don't seem to care about banner planes towing beer and alcohol ads along our beaches).

Again, I think Disney got lucky scoring this victory in post-9/11 hysteria. I don't think they'll want to draw new attention to it with some flying dragons.

WDW1974

The Lucas discussions were known. Whether WDW1974 posted publicly on them or not, this wasn't a surprise to a lot of people. The only surprise really was the timing. Personally, I didn't expect it to be so soon.

You'd be shocked at what some of us know and NEVER post here or anywhere for a variety of reasons. Sometimes, you just can't put something out just because the fanbois would get all lathered up ... better they watch 'Crazy Gary' Buchanan tell us all how much he loves dragons (I'd like to tell some Gary stories for instance, but they'd disappear faster than cinnamon rolls near a 300-pound fanboi!) Sometimes, you need to protect a source. Sometimes, the info is the type that will make any moderator or webmaster queasy and the thread will disappear as soon as you type it. And, sometimes, you just don't want another coffee fiasco.

I discussed the very topic of LucasFilm being bought by TWDC with a couple of MAGICal members here over a week before the deal was announced, but we didn't think the deal would ever happen. We didn't realize how much George wanted to hand off the company and that's why it wasn't put out.

Avatar is another subject tha a few people here heard about, myself included, and thought it was so absurd as to not warrant a mention.

But, personally, I'm more partial to other knowledge I have that I can't share (I would if I could, believe me!)

WDW1974

No comments on Gary Buchanan acting the part of a dragon-obsessed(?!) fanboi in the faux fan-video? That video...yeow. So that's what the company thinks I'm like? The geek stereotype? Nice.

A "viral" video that's published on the official Parks Blog? (They don't comprehend what makes "viral" videos cool, evidently.)

C'mon...there's some juicy stuff here.

You haven't lived until you've been to a Disney event near the man when he's high on ... ah ... uh,Pixie Dust ... and can't control what spews out of his mouth.

Or better, on the bus back to your resort sitting next to him ... MAGICal stuff.

TalkingHead

You haven't lived until you've been to a Disney event near the man when he's high on ... ah ... uh,Pixie Dust ... and can't control what spews out of his mouth.

Or better, on the bus back to your resort sitting next to him ... MAGICal stuff.

Sounds like a pleasant guy. Not obnoxious in the least.

Nmoody1

Still can't get over the fact that at the centre of Animal Kingdom's logo is a dragon.... To be found NOWHERE in the park, yet they are going to be flying dragons elsewhere!?!

NADisney

Oh crap...are they going to try to give MK a dragon mascot like Epcot has Duffy?

Duffy is NOT the mascot of EPCOT = Figment of Imagnation is.
Mickey M is the mascot of All Disney.
All the Disney characters are the mascot of the MK ,and the Studios.
The Lion KIng ,Nemo, A Bugs Life,Pooh are AK.
Duffy is from Japan , and is an International Ambassador of happiness,freindship ,and hugability to All Disney Theme Parks.

menamechris

Duffy is NOT the mascot of EPCOT = Figment of Imagnation is.
Mickey M is the mascot of All Disney.
All the Disney characters are the mascot of the MK ,and the Studios.
The Lion KIng ,Nemo, A Bugs Life,Pooh are AK.
Duffy is from Japan , and is an International Ambassador of happiness,freindship ,and hugability to All Disney Theme Parks.

You don't get it, do you?

Vader2112

Funny no mention of dragons on the Fantasyland website itself. Something designed for Avatar being retasked at last second?

jakeman

Still can't get over the fact that at the centre of Animal Kingdom's logo is a dragon.... To be found NOWHERE in the park, yet they are going to be flying dragons elsewhere!?!
That was from the parks original theme of "Animals that were (Dinoland); Animals that are (Africa/Asia); and Animals that will never be (Beastly Kingdom, now the yeti if you buy it)" If you notice that same theme is repeated at the ticket booth before the turnstiles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom