Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

IWant2GoNow

Unless this is to announce a new attraction or expansion I consider it a failed use of the hype they are generating using this social media tactic. If it's just for a new show, or just a prop used over FLE (for no good reason really), then I feel they could have used this form of social media hype on something with a little more substance.

It's a neat idea & I guess we'll have to play "wait & see" to find out what it's exactly for unless some insider clues us in later on.

WDW1974

Now if @WDW1974 wants to complain about misleading social networking with tumblr - I think this would be a better example.

Maybe there is someone new on staff and they had a hardon for tumblr before they joined Disney :)

I have no idea what is going on here, sorry. And with all the troubling/weird/typical and conflicting news I've heard coming out of IAAPA this week, I don't even really want to know ... so let me know when you figure it out!:)

RSoxNo1

Dreamworks purchase announcement next ?? LOl
Honestly it's the next logical purchase if they're still looking to spend money.

Edit: The Dumbo and Tinkerbell figures that fly around Disneyland's castle are able to actually fly around the castle. I wonder if the dragon will be used in a nighttime show?

parker4fm

I have a good friend who works in MK. To answer a few questions, Wishes isn't going anywhere, it ranks too high in guest approvals. Spectro returning is still questionable. The new daytime parade most likely won't happen until early 2014.

WDW1974

I absolutely love that Disney pulls this thing out of the bag and stumps everyone on here that's 'in the know'

ie purchasing Lucasfilm, announcing bakery as new Starbucks location, mystery dragon project.

Cue abuse.

I absolutely love when you find someone with an account who's been here for a bit, but in all that time hasn't found a damn thing worth posting about yet decides to come in here and take a shot at the 'insiders' (and I'm always viewed as one, although I don't like the simplistic label).

So, 'buddy' ... Disney is a big company with lots going on and somethings are not going to be known to any of us.

But LucasFilm was not a surprise to many of us. Neither was the bakery. Now ... I don't really care about this freaking dragon and I suspect you don't either.

I'm much more interested in why you'd join a site and basically never post a damn thing, but then look to get into an online ing contest with people who are here regularly. What's your agenda?

Is that too abusive for you?

td1129

I absolutely love when you find someone with an account who's been here for a bit, but in all that time hasn't found a damn thing worth posting about yet decides to come in here and take a shot at the 'insiders' (and I'm always viewed as one, although I don't like the simplistic label).

So, 'buddy' ... Disney is a big company with lots going on and somethings are not going to be known to any of us.

But LucasFilm was not a surprise to many of us. Neither was the bakery. Now ... I don't really care about this freaking dragon and I suspect you don't either.

I'm much more interested in why you'd join a site and basically never post a damn thing, but then look to get into an online ing contest with people who are here regularly. What's your agenda?

Is that too abusive for you?

Wait, you're claiming to have known about the Lucas purchase now? I chuckled.

RunnerEd

@lee posted a few months ago about a Villains land in MK that sounded awesome. Could this be something related to that? It sure would be cool if it were but I doubt it. (Not an insider and try to avoid riding the buses at all cost)

WDW1974

Wait, you're claiming to have known about the Lucas purchase now? I chuckled.

Yes, that is what I am 'clamining' because it is fact. Not that I knew it was going to happen, because I didn't. But I did know the two sides were talking about a deal. ... I never thought George would let his company go for so little to make it possibly worth it for Disney.

But you keep chuckling. Laughter is good for you!

hollywoodj

If this dragon is supposedly related to entertainment, my hunch tells me it's related to the new show that there was a recent call for "medieval actors" for. I know it's been cast; maybe the dragon is involved somehow.

BrightImagine

I have been hoping for a dragon at WDW ever since I saw the amazing dragon at DLP and then the dragon on the AK logo. This is very exciting.

"A dragon! A dragon! I swear I saw a dragon!"
" Did I say no purple dragons?"

GLaDOS

I really hope I'm wrong, because I think this could make a great long term addition to a WDW night show, but I wouldn't expect him to stick around all that long.

skywalkerkaos88

Take it as read, I was told this is not for any Florida park. When it was being tested in CA.

im new here so marni, please dont take this offensively but if thats the case, why does the disneydragons tumblr(which, as has been discussed, is OBVIOUSLY viral marketing) have a NewFantasyland tag?

td1129

Yes, that is what I am 'clamining' because it is fact. Not that I knew it was going to happen, because I didn't. But I did know the two sides were talking about a deal. ... I never thought George would let his company go for so little to make it possibly worth it for Disney.

But you keep chuckling. Laughter is good for you!

Sure ya did.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
im new here so marni, please dont take this offensively but if thats the case, why does the disneydragons tumblr(which, as has been discussed, is OBVIOUSLY viral marketing) have a NewFantasyland tag?

The viral marketing campaign is obviously for the new Fantasyland, what he is questioning is whether the flying dragon that was being tested in CA is related to this campaign.

Axle1986

Well it is for New Fantasyland.
"Something strange has been going on recently in the Magic Kingdom. More specifically, in the section they’re referring to as ‘New Fantasyland’. And it’s not just my imagination. There are stories going around. Strange sightings. Weird noises. And flames!" - http://disneydragons.tumblr.com/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom