Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

Marc Gil

Look what this forum is doing to me:
Let's just call this what it is. Something that will work for 3 months, break, and then get shoved off in some building or other graveyard for eternity. Maybe they can just park it in River Country once it breaks.
Or just send out a floating fan with strobe lights.

I absolutely love that Disney pulls this thing out of the bag and stumps everyone on here that's 'in the know'

ie purchasing Lucasfilm, announcing bakery as new Starbucks location, mystery dragon project.

Cue abuse.

For the record, everyone is waiting for those "in the know" to actually reply. So far, the blog/tumblr post is doing what they intended for it to do...drum up discussion. Based on the fact that it is related to a "new" land...it wouldn't surprise me if this announcement is less than fantastic...

PeoplemoverTTA

I absolutely love that Disney pulls this thing out of the bag and stumps everyone on here that's 'in the know'

ie purchasing Lucasfilm, announcing bakery as new Starbucks location, mystery dragon project.

Cue abuse.

I'd love to be wrong on this, but maybe we havent heard about this from our resident insiders because it's not important?

Not trying to be snarky, but this feels like a forced PR event to generate false excitement. The more I think about it, the more I fear my"interactive game" prediction is correct. Are there any SotMK stops in FL? If not, there could be a reason...

bhg469

People are complaining about theming? What's mor fantasy than dragons?! I recently saw Kevin smith live and he say star wars as a huge win for boys at Disney. Dragons are also a huge win. Boys don't care about talking tea pots or slow rides with Ariel... well at least Ariel will be more of an attraction to them later in life but whatever.

Gracy_hm

How about elements of Beastly Kingdom making their way into Magic Kingdoms New Fantasyland area just a thought. I don't think BK will ever happen as was suggested but elements could easly be intergrated into the New Fantasyland aesthetic. I know I am reaching but I can dream.

dcibrando

Carlands, pirates, and mythical creatures for boys... a villians park or section of a park (mainly thrill rides) for the teens/adults, and they already have the girls/princesses taken care of.

really waiting on a villians park or section or a park... this could be HUGE. how awesome would it be at night randomly seeing villians just walking around, kinda glaring at people or having a parade of just villians. the possibilities are endless

jrh1985

Cue abuse.
Actually, This forum knew about Starbucks in MK we just didn't know if it was going in the bakery or the Plaza Restaurant.

As for Disney Stumping people, I agree.

jrh1985

After reading Twitter and Inside The Magic, I'm starting to get Scared for DAWM's and/or Wishes' fate. Could someone give us a update on all of MK's Entertainment?????

coolbeans14

really waiting on a villians park or section or a park... this could be HUGE. how awesome would it be at night randomly seeing villians just walking around, kinda glaring at people or having a parade of just villians. the possibilities are endless

i know the opinion of jim hill, but one of the touring plan podcasts he did actually talked about a villains land. his ideas were pretty cool.

InsiderImagine

After reading Twitter and Inside The Magic, I'm starting to get Scared for DAWM's and/or Wishes' fate. Could someone give us a update on all of MK's Entertainment?????
New Daytime Parade, SpectroMagic returning. Haven't heard anything new on MK Fireworks...however, I could be wrong.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Cue abuse.
Take it as read, I was told this is not for any Florida park. When it was being tested in CA.

djkidkaz

Disney will have to attach these to strings. If they fly them anywhere near guests there is the risk of it failing and falling to the ground and hitting a guest. They could replace Tinkerbell with this from the castle.

MotherOfBirds

Disney will have to attach these to strings. If they fly them anywhere near guests there is the risk of it failing and falling to the ground and hitting a guest. They could replace Tinkerbell with this from the castle.
If they put it on the line from the castle then they'd use a much lighter puppet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom