Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

RSoxNo1

Wait, you're claiming to have known about the Lucas purchase now? I chuckled.
The Lucas discussions were known. Whether WDW1974 posted publicly on them or not, this wasn't a surprise to a lot of people. The only surprise really was the timing. Personally, I didn't expect it to be so soon.

doctornick

The Lucas discussions were known. Whether WDW1974 posted publicly on them or not, this wasn't a surprise to a lot of people. The only surprise really was the timing. Personally, I didn't expect it to be so soon.

I think it happened when it did due to Sandy and the markets being shut down. I don't think it was intended to be so soon, but they used the window to make the purchase using stock easier.

TalkingHead

No comments on Gary Buchanan acting the part of a dragon-obsessed(?!) fanboi in the faux fan-video? That video...yeow. So that's what the company thinks I'm like? The geek stereotype? Nice.

A "viral" video that's published on the official Parks Blog? (They don't comprehend what makes "viral" videos cool, evidently.)

C'mon...there's some juicy stuff here.

td1129

Easy to say after the fact. Is there one shred of evidence to back this up? If so ill gladly eat my words.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Easy to say after the fact. Is there one shred of evidence to back this up? If so ill gladly eat my words.

It was a large transaction and lots of people on both sides knew about it. There would have been a due diligence process and Disney employees would have been involved. I don't personally know anyone on here or who they know within the company, but it is very conceivable to me that some people here knew that they were looking at the deal. Obviously, there are some insiders around here who have contacts within the company that they get information from.

menamechris

I think it's a bit weird for them to drop this into the blog right now. Unless it is something that will begin with the soft openings next week, I don't think this is exciting enough to keep momentum to the Fantasyland Grand Opening. I do hope this is something cool, but....

motox7

Could they ever fly this dragoon down or something else from The Tower of Terror to Fantasmic like Tinkerbell?
Thing is its gonna be for new fantasyland because they're clearly hinting that in the tumblr post. It would make more sense at fantasmic but its not gonna happen.

td1129

It was a large transaction and lots of people on both sides knew about it. There would have been a due diligence process and Disney employees would have been involved. I don't personally know anyone on here or who they know within the company, but it is very conceivable to me that some people here knew that they were looking at the deal. Obviously, there are some insiders around here who have contacts within the company that they get information from.

Nope. Not a single word on here.

ZmBe13

Im really thinking this will just be a part of the opening event for the new fantasyland, not part of a continual show or entertainment.

motox7

I have a feeling this is gonna be like the Lucky the Dinosaur, that was at animal kingdom for awhile. Except its gonna be flying in the air of course. Just something for a limited time....

prfctlyximprct

Maybe it will just be something used to advertise new fantasyland in random cities. Imagine seeing a dragon on your drive to work? Kind of like the oscar mayer hotdog car. It can advertise like those airplanes on the beach that have a banner behind them. Who knows really, but a dragon has nothing to do with new fantasyland... Hmmmm... Then again the ice castle in NYC had nothing to do with limited time magic unless you count "limited" as in it melted in a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom