Disney has raised it's prices...

yankspy

I didnt say is WASNT affordable. I said it wasnt cheap. There is a HUGE difference.
I consider a Honda Accord to be affordable.
However, at 23k it is not cheap.
Disney is incredibly affordable. cheap no, affordable YES. Understand?
Perhaps. I will not split hairs over that. Does it seem odd though that if you had followed my earlier advice you would not be arguing with four-five different people in this thread.:rolleyes:

bjlc57

if you have been reading the site..

How do you know attendance is down? From all I hear the parks are full and the Co. is doing fine.

if you have been reading this site, there have been numerous posts saying that the crowds are lighter and that it was very easy to get reservations that at other times were "sold out"... and that even for the fourth of July, there were openings..

maybe you should read the posts of recent park visitors like I have, as opposed to some one who hasn't..

and while you are at it.. take note of the fact that Driving is down in this country to totals of ten years ago.. Less driving means less travelers.. i.e. less visitors to resorts..

Like I said, I work in a tourism area..

but some one who doesn't work with tourism is expounding all sorts of knowledge that he has little or no proof..

yankspy

if you have been reading this site, there have been numerous posts saying that the crowds are lighter and that it was very easy to get reservations that at other times were "sold out"... and that even for the fourth of July, there were openings..

maybe you should read the posts of recent park visitors like I have, as opposed to some one who hasn't..

and while you are at it.. take note of the fact that Driving is down in this country to totals of ten years ago.. Less driving means less travelers.. i.e. less visitors to resorts..

Like I said, I work in a tourism area..

but some one who doesn't work with tourism is expounding all sorts of knowledge that he has little or no proof..
The person asked a question. No need to be rude about it. The posts on this site concerning attendance have been extremely varied. Some say it is packed, some say it is dead. So that is hardly conclusive. The only proof that you have is that driving numbers are down but that does not necessarily mean that tourism is down as well. I am not saying that it is not down, but you can not say that it is based on your corner of the tourism industry. D.C. is packed as usual, I can tell you that.

JimboJones123

Well THANK YOU!:) I appriciate it. Do you really expect anyone to beleive you put me on ignore?
Cause i know you didint!
Dont be an elitist, Grammer on the inet is overrated.
I aint going nowhere.
Slappy McGoo is on my Ignore list. It makes me giggle every time I see that he had something to say that I thought was unimportant right off the bat before it's even stated.

But that was after more that a dozen non-instigated assaults. I've never had anybody else on here that I've had more than a 2-3 post disagreement with.

So, lets be nice enough to disagree and get on with it. Some poeple, it is just the last straw. Not everybody, but the last straw cut us back from 2x a year to 1x a year to our first trip in 2.5 years coming up in January.

So, there is a difference, and it continues to be more. But it isn't KILLER like many other expenses out there.

JimboJones123

We have a plan to save more on upcoming trips. We will move to Central Florida in the next few years and pay about $1000 for 4 season passes.

sbkline

Slappy McGoo is on my Ignore list. It makes me giggle every time I see that he had something to say that I thought was unimportant right off the bat before it's even stated.

But that was after more that a dozen non-instigated assaults. I've never had anybody else on here that I've had more than a 2-3 post disagreement with.

So, lets be nice enough to disagree and get on with it. Some poeple, it is just the last straw. Not everybody, but the last straw cut us back from 2x a year to 1x a year to our first trip in 2.5 years coming up in January.

So, there is a difference, and it continues to be more. But it isn't KILLER like many other expenses out there.

A little off topic, but what does it mean to have someone on your ignore list? Does the site automatically block out any posts by that particular individual or something?

Nemo14

A little off topic, but what does it mean to have someone on your ignore list? Does the site automatically block out any posts by that particular individual or something?
You will see that they have posted, but you won't be able to read their posts. Comes in rather handy *coughmerfcough* at times.

durangojim

None of this matters right now, what does matter is what attendance will be next year as most people's vacations for this year have already been planned and probably budgeted for. My guess is that we will still see growth next year but that it won't be as great as in recent years.

Enderikari

Really? People are complaining about ticket prices going up? A trip to WDW might cost you a few extra dollars in the coming months, but, tell me, and be truthful now, what on Earth are you buying that hasn't gone up in price? Milk? Produce? Dreaded Gasoline?

You know who else buys a ton of milk, produce, and gasoline? Walt Disney World. Operating expenses are skyrocketing for most businesses around the world, and most of them are having to raise prices to cover costs. Combine that with the fact that WDW has 61,000 people who are clamoring for higher paychecks just to keep up with living expenses. I know of several departments at WDW that received a bit of extra pay bonuses this past year in an effort to keep their cast members heads afloat. Where do you think that money is coming from? How much "extra" is that worth? Operating buses, laundering costumes and resort linens, buying electricity, maintaining lawns and other horticultural oddities... well, they all cost money.

That money has to come from somewhere

jen2009

So now that that's out of the way (not like anyone here wasn't expecting price increases)

Does anyone have any idea when they will begin accepting reservations for 2009? (September specifically) The website still only takes res. for 2008

After speaking with my wedding planner at Disney. she said it would be some time in September.

carolina_yankee

I booked my room for Jan 1 - 4, 2009 on Sunday online. The main page was having problems, but I could get into the booking engine deeper in.

I just tried a test booking from the main page today and it's showing 2009 dates without a problem.

Dirk

Hrudey3032

Really? People are complaining about ticket prices going up? A trip to WDW might cost you a few extra dollars in the coming months, but, tell me, and be truthful now, what on Earth are you buying that hasn't gone up in price? Milk? Produce? Dreaded Gasoline?

You know who else buys a ton of milk, produce, and gasoline? Walt Disney World. Operating expenses are skyrocketing for most businesses around the world, and most of them are having to raise prices to cover costs. Combine that with the fact that WDW has 61,000 people who are clamoring for higher paychecks just to keep up with living expenses. I know of several departments at WDW that received a bit of extra pay bonuses this past year in an effort to keep their cast members heads afloat. Where do you think that money is coming from? How much "extra" is that worth? Operating buses, laundering costumes and resort linens, buying electricity, maintaining lawns and other horticultural oddities... well, they all cost money.

That money has to come from somewhere

I agree with you that while it sucks Disney raised prices it is a trickle down effect.Obviously with the items you stated going up it was just a matter of time before Disney went up.To me 4 dollars for a 1 day pass means one less Big Mac meal over the next 5-6 months before I go back. If i go to WDW I have to budget for about 6-8 months in order to go. This price increase will not change me being able to go.

bjlc57

a quote from Walt...

Walt Disney, himself, said that there would never be anything but a 10 cent cup of coffee price at Disney..

meaning that the Price of Disney was to be for the true masses and that anyone could afford to come to Disneyland and Disney World.

IT was Eisner, in his ego and greed, that changed the tide. it was Eisner who lost focus on "expanding the parks" to profit maximization of the parks.. meaning how can we earn the most and have to put back the least..

why don't you read, "how to be like Walt".. and then come and tell me that this is the vision that Walt had for Walt Disney World.

because if you truly read the book, you would be shocked in the direction that Disney has taken.

this price raise is a mistake. and its only going to add to less people being able to afford to go to WDW, by a simple economic process..

Raise the price and sell less product.

Remember that Gas is a necessity.. going to WDW is not ... it a luxury..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom