Disney has raised it's prices...

firemandisney

I guess you did not take my advice.:rolleyes:
Facts are facts, i aint gonna sugar coat it. I was not rude but only to the factual point.
Besides, It is just plain getting OLD:snore: the amount of whining and complaing about disney raising their prices.
Heck ,there is just too much complaining in general these days.

yankspy

Facts are facts, i aint gonna sugar coat it.
Besides, It is just plain getting OLD:snore: the amount of whining and complaing about disney raising their prices.
Please read post#69 and then look at signature. Also remember that when you say that there is too much complaining going on that that is your opinion and it is not a fact. There is also a difference between sugar coating something and being tactful.

firemandisney

Please read post#69 and then look at signature. Also remember that when you say that there is too much complaining going on that that is your opinion and it is not a fact.
My comments concerning attendence and business are 100% correct.
Also, there IS too much complaing going on everwhere these days.
If you disagree with that then you cant see past your nose....
As for being tactful? Give me a break, are we all so sensitive we cant "handle the truth"
Tact is like the Physician with great bedside manners but practices BAD medicine.
Give me a rude doctor anyday that actually knows how to help people.

minnie61650

That's the genius of Magic Your Way. They can raise prices all they want, and people will not stop coming, mostly because any increase on multi-day is relatively modest. But for Disney, a modest increase on multi-day x number of visitors = increased profit.

Here's a question for you. Which would tick you off more: 1) An increase like we have, which mostly penalizes 1 and 2 day ticket purchases; or, 2) Drastically cutting daily prices while eliminating Magic Your Way.

Say tickets were cut to $55 a day with no MYW (technically a 26.3% price reduction). That would make staying 1-3 days less than now, 4 days essentially the same price as now, but a 7 day ticket would be $385.
It used to be this way not too long ago right? I don't like the price hike, and I think it's extremely bad timing, but as long as we have MYW, there isn't too much reason to complain.

Yes, the old LOS tickets were like that.
A 7 day LOS ticket cost $407.90 including tax.

I remember using Lenght of Stay passes around 2003 and/or 2004.
The tickets expired at the end of our stay.
Here is the old price list from 2004:
2 and 3 Day Tickets

Not the same as Park Hopper Tickets. Can only be used for one park per day - Magic Kingdom, MGM, Epcot, or Animal Kingdom.
Adult Child (3-9)
2 Day Ticket $111.30 $87.86
3 Day Ticket $164.28 $129.13

Ultimate Park Hopper Passes
Ultimate Park Hopper Passes have replaced the Unlimited Magic passes.
They provide unlimited admission to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom, River Country, Blizzard Beach, Pleasure Island, Disney Quest and Disney's Wide World of Sports complex. They must be purchased for the full length of your reservation & by all members in your party. They are to guests staying at any Walt Disney World Resort, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts, and Downtown Disney area resorts.

Length of stay Adult Child
1 Night/2 Days $137.39 $110.76
2 Nights/3 Days $187.44 $150.17
3 Nights/4 Days $251.34 $201.29
4 Nights/5 Days $300.33 $240.69
5 Nights/6 Days $335.48 $268.38
6 Nights/7 Days $370.62 $297.14
7 Nights/8 Days $407.90 $326.96
8 Nights/9 Days $440.91 $353.58
9 Nights/10 Days $474.99 $380.21
10 Nights/11 Days $503.74 $403.64
11 Nights/12 Days $525.05 $420.68
12 Nights/13 Days $543.15 $435.59

Park Hopper Pass
If you're here to play in the Theme Parks, then the Park Hopper Pass is perfect for you! With it, you're welcome to visit the four Disney Theme Parks on the same day.
Unlimited admission* to the Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios; and Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Freedom to go from Theme Park to Theme Park on the same day
Use of Walt Disney World transportation -- monorails, ferryboats, and motor coaches
Unused days never expire
Saves you money when compared to the purchase of single-day tickets.

Adult Child
4-day $233.24 $187.44
5-day $265.19 $213.00

Park Hopper PLUS Pass
Unlimited admission* to the Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. Freedom to visit all these Parks on the same day, PLUS other fun options like Downtown Disney Pleasure Island; Disney's Water Parks: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and River Country; and Disney's Wide World of Sports complex. The number of options vary according to the number of days on your ticket.
Use of Walt Disney World transportation - monorails, ferryboats, and motor coaches. Unused days and options never expire. Saves you money when compared to the purchase of single-day tickets.

Adult Child
5-Day (2 options) $300.34 $240.70
6-Day (3 options) $332.30 $266.26
7-Day (4 options) $364.24 $291.83

yankspy

Also, these IS too much complaing going on.
You have been on this site for what, a week. You have managed to alienate a number of people already. If you choose to do so with your opinionated posts feel free. I was only trying to suggest that you tone it down a bit since you are new. I have not bashed you and yet you have done that to me. What does that say about you.

bjlc57

what are you talking about..

the area that I live in, is primarily a tourist based economy. in fact the whole upper midwest is tourism based. and resort owner after resort owner is telling me how off business is..

I work or have worked in the fishing tackle industry.. There are boats for sale from here to there with guys begging to get out of their loans.. its a giant mess. maybe in a small area where you work, the economy is rolling.. but its not where I am and not at all through northern Wisconsin or Minnesota or Wisconsin Dells..

all the resorts are taking a beating right now. and the worst is yet to come.

You have a job with next to little layoffs.. who is going to lay off a fireman..

but other industries are losing big time. Our GM plant is going to close, this means that plants in my area, that make parts for that plant are going to lay off as well. its a big cycle..

unless of course that you want to buy into making money on someone else's misfortune.. Like buying foreclosures. There is a prime example of how the wealthy can increase their own value by the suffering of someone else.

But that's how you talk.. I got mine and tough crap on the rest of you.. what a great attitude..

yankspy

As for being tactful? Give me a break, are we all so sensitive we cant "handle the truth"
Tact is like the Physician with great bedside manners but practices BAD medicine.
1.Again, that is opinion and not truth.
2.There is no logic in that analogy

Timmay

We are going down in 2 weeks, We are staying at allstar music. The Rep. on the phone told me they are already at 78% capacity. Aug 17th (when we go) officially is the beginning of the "slow" season. She said the resorts have had close to record numbers the last 2 years.
Customer Sales people and Bus Drivers all have the latest and most correct news.

Attendence is WAY up.
Define "way".

Vacation destinations all over have seen an increase in business despit gas prices and the "so called" slow economy.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/135638
This alone proves every other one of your statments need to be cited to have any validity.

I dont know where you get your info but it aint the least bit correct.
Classic, no?

firemandisney

You have been on this site for what, a week. You have managed to alienate a number of people already. If you choose to do so with your opinionated posts feel free. I was only trying to suggest that you tone it down a bit since you are new. I have not bashed you and yet you have done that to me. What does that say about you.
I havnt "bashed" you in the least bit.:shrug:
If you feel the need to tell me how, pm me.
Just because someone or you dont agree with my post..doesnt make it "abbrasive or mean" I could care less if anyone likes me or dislikes me. Thats not what i live for everyday. But if i have an opinion, ill give it.
Regardless of how some folks "take it".

firemandisney

Cusotmer Sales people and Bus Drivers all have the latest and most correct news.

Define "way".

http://www.newsweek.com/id/135638
This alone proves every other one of your statments need to be cited to have any validity.

Classic, no?
You must have not read the entire story....If you did, you would not have used this as an example. You left out the part about 30k more and NEW rooms for 2011.
When you have an increase of say 5% one year and a decrease of 2 the next..it doent mean things arent on the upside. Its still a 3% increase from 2 years prior. Just book a room in Vegas and see if they are suffering from a loss of guests.
Newsweek, is a "left" as you can get. you are one of the few readers they have left.

yankspy

I havnt "bashed" you in the least bit.:shrug:
If you feel the need to tell me how, pm me.
Just because someone or you dont agree with my post..doesnt make it "abbrasive or mean" I could care less if anyone likes me or dislikes me. Thats not what i live for everyday. But if i have an opinion, ill give it.
Regardless of how some folks "take it".
Let's keep it public. I am pretty sure that when you tell someone that "You can't see past your nose" that that constitutes bashing. I am not offended by it because quite simply, I am a native New Yorker and we are used to talk like that. However, I can guarantee that many would agree that that is not the way to go. Disagreement is fine, but your approach seems to be "I am right, so whatever you say is hogwash". Have you ever considered that you may be wrong and the other person may be right? As far as not caring if anyone likes you, then why come on this site?

Timmay

You must have not read the entire story....If you did, you would not have used this as an example. You left out the part about 30k more and NEW rooms for 2011.
When you have an increase of say 5% one year and a decrease of 2 the next..it doent mean things arent on the upside. Its still a 3% increase from 2 years prior. Just book a room in Vegas and see if they are suffering from a loss of guests.
Newsweek, is a "left" as you can get. you are one of the few readers they have left.

Wow...you really have no clue as to what you are talking about, do you? You are either just having a good one over on all of us or you are just making things up. Las Vegas has some of the best package deals I have seen in years. They aren't doing that because they have more business than expected.

And serioulsy...is the political leaning of Newsweek the best you can come up with for your argument?:lol:

One thing I figured out long ago...why should I bother to debate topics with someone that just makes things up when I can save myself a headache and put them on ignore.:wave:

DisneyGigi

I just checked prices for the same stay that we have this year on next year's prices. Yes, it went up but when you figure it at 10 a day stay it really isn't that much of a difference. I don't want prices to go up, who does but it is not enough in the overall picture to keep us from booking next year's trip while we are there. I am eager to see if the bounceback offer if offered will be the new dining option. Either way it is free so I can't complain too much! :)

DVC Dave

only Disney in it's Eisner'esk ways, will raise prices during a recession.

this is something that I don't understand.. simple economics says if you "raise price, you lose sales."

right now the parks are down attendance wise. and this adds to the Drop in attendance, not adds to it.

and again, its not just how much the extra gas cost for that week, its how much the extra gas is costing for the year.

if WDW wants to be a land of the elite, its going in the right direction.

the problem is that the elite do not have enough sheer numbers to make WDW feasible to stay in business. Meaning that they actually need us POOR SLOBS to keep their doors open. Piety them..

How do you know attendance is down? From all I hear the parks are full and the Co. is doing fine.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Facts are facts, i aint gonna sugar coat it. I was not rude but only to the factual point.

They are full. Attendence is way up.
This guy was mistaken.

You are right, everyone else is wrong. Everybody shut the hell up... The fireman has spoken.

You can't spell, you have atrocious manners, your grammar is lacking.

You are about to go to WDW soon, you joined this board right before your trip to WDW. You have stirred enough ________, I have a feeling that we will not be hearing from you after your trip. We are just a pastime for you until you leave.

Welcome to my IGNORE LIST.

Bon Voyage! :wave:

firemandisney

You are right, everyone else is wrong. Everybody shut the hell up... The fireman has spoken.

You can't spell, you have atrocious manners, your grammar is lacking.

You are about to go to WDW soon, you joined this board right before your trip to WDW. You have stirred enough ________, I have a feeling that we will not be hearing from you after your trip. We are just a pastime for you until you leave.

Welcome to my IGNORE LIST.

Bon Voyage! :wave:
Well THANK YOU!:) I appriciate it. Do you really expect anyone to beleive you put me on ignore?
Cause i know you didint!
Dont be an elitist, Grammer on the inet is overrated.
I aint going nowhere.

firemandisney

Lets get back on topic.
Disney ticket prices:
1. Disney has raised its prices.
2. Get over it.
3. Thats what happens when business is GREAT.
4. Try earning/save more money if the increase too much to you.
5. Complaining doesnt do one bit of good.
6. Alot on here seem to have the whine/boo-hoo bug.
7. Disney isnt supposed to be cheap. Never was, never will be.
8. Stay one less night or eat one less "sit down" meal to make up the $ increase. You wouldnt even need that much of a savings to make it up.
9. Dont go anymore.
10. See number 2.:)

yankspy

Well THANK YOU!:) I appriciate it. Do you really expect anyone to beleive you put me on ignore?
Cause i know you didint!
Dont be an elitist, Grammer on the inet is overrated.
I aint going nowhere.
It is odd that you believe that proper grammar earns one the title of "elitist".
Lets get back on topic.
Disney ticket prices:
1. Disney has raised its prices.
2. Get over it.
3. Thats what happens when business is GREAT.
4. Try earning/save more money if the increase too much to you.
5. Complaining doesnt do one bit of good.
6. Alot on here seem to have the whine/boo-hoo bug.
7. Disney isnt supposed to be cheap. Never was, never will be.
8. Stay one less night or eat one less "sit down" meal to make up the $ increase. You wouldnt even need that much of a savings to make it up.
9. Dont go anymore.
10. See number 2.:)
I thought Disney was affordable. Make up your mind. You seem to contradict yourself quite often. I understand that all people do that from time to time but I have seen it a few times in your posts. It is kind of funny because most people probably agree with you in that the price increase is not that bad. However, your delivery of your opinion seems to be what gets you in trouble.

firemandisney

It is odd that you believe that proper grammar earns one the title of "elitist".

I thought Disney was affordable. Make up your mind. You seem to contradict yourself quite often. I understand that all people do that from time to time but I have seen it a few times in your posts. It is kind of funny because most people probably agree with you in that the price increase is not that bad. However, your delivery of your opinion seems to be what gets you in trouble.
I didnt say is WASNT affordable. I said it wasnt cheap. There is a HUGE difference.
I consider a Honda Accord to be affordable.
However, at 23k it is not cheap.
Disney is incredibly affordable. cheap no, affordable YES. Understand?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom