Disney has raised it's prices...

imamouse

I saved $120 for our family by purchasing tickets before the price increase. Now I just have to figure out when we can go :lookaroun.

mousefan1972

Thanks for the full story on the updated rates packages for park admission.

Does anyone know when they will release new room rates for 2009?

Last year the ticket price increase and the 2008 package/room rate info were released the same day. So, tomorrow the 2009 package and room rate info should be out.

wagnerdanp

Could anyone tell me how much the current Premium AP passes are now vs the new prices of tomorrow? I wanted to see how much we saved!

Thank you!

SpongeScott

Stay for an extended visit and the prices aren't that bad. Or, move to Florida and catch the resident price breaks. $239 for a Fla. resident seasonal pass ain't a bad deal.

SewIn2Disney

I never realised that the Water Park and More option was a flat rate---that's crazy that for $50, depending on the amount of your base ticket you can get between 2-10 admissions into an "extra". I would think that the WPaM option would increase with the amount of base days because you are getting more extras.

benji

I always said "I will visit Disney at any price" ,but these prices are getting a little out of control. It's sad that some familys will never get to see Disney because they can't afford the high prices. Soon people will have to take a second mortgage out on their house just to take a vacation.

firemandisney

I always said "I will visit Disney at any price" ,but these prices are getting a little out of control. It's sad that some familys will never get to see Disney because they can't afford the high prices. Soon people will have to take a second mortgage out on their house just to take a vacation.
Ahh,
Disney is incredibly affordable and a great value. I dont see how anything is out of control. Just price other destinations. As for Disney, attendence is up. Folks keep going and always will. For every person that stops..another will go, or 2.
As for "some folks" not affording Disney.
Not everyone gets to do what they want to.
Id LOVE to go to Ireland/Europe. However, I just cant swing it.
That doesnt make it "sad" it just makes it a reality. Life isnt fair sometimes...Im OK with that.
As for vacations, Almost all major destinations are seeing an increase in visitors...Vegas,Myrtle Beach, N.Y. N.Y. Florida Beaches..And...Especially Disney!Folks are going on vacation. I think you are suffering from too much doom and gloom thinking.
Bear in mind...Im by no means wealthy. I make appox 55k per year. I just choose to work more O.T. and save more for Disney...It beats complaining.

DisneyMusician2

Honestly, I don't see the big deal of a $4 price jump, even if it happens every year. Nobody sees cause and effect relationship here?

People want better rides, fair union contracts, more services, better upkeep in troubled times and don't expect a 3-5% increase to keep up with rising inflation for years now? That is simply economically short-sighted.

Talk to me when you see a 15 or 20% increase in a year and I'll agree.

firemandisney

Honestly, I don't see the big deal of a $4 price jump, even if it happens every year. Nobody sees cause and effect relationship here?

People want better rides, fair union contracts, more services, better upkeep in troubled times and don't expect a 3-5% increase to keep up with rising inflation for years now? That is simply economically short-sighted.

Talk to me when you see a 15 or 20% increase in a year and I'll agree.
I agree, and i dont think you will EVER see 15 to 20% in a year at ANY vacation resort or likewise.
The folks that complain about thses increases i really do think are economically ignorant. NOT to be rude at all. But ignorant meaning (not understanding the issues or "how things work").
IMHO, 5.00 ticket price EVERY year or so is to be expected and is quite the NORM. Like i said, My comment about ignorance isnt a mean one.It is just a correct definition of a lack of understanding.
Not personal at all.

Missing20K

Not sure if this has been addressed or not but if it has I apologize. So because the prices go up tomorrow, if I buy them tonight I can use them at any time in the future correct? And, if I buy a one day, non-park hopper pass, I can upgrade that pass any time before I use it or on the day I use it, correct? My question is, if I buy the one day ticket at todays prices, when I upgrade, will I upgrade at today's prices or the future prices??

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Not sure if this has been addressed or not but if it has I apologize. So because the prices go up tomorrow, if I buy them tonight I can use them at any time in the future correct? And, if I buy a one day, non-park hopper pass, I can upgrade that pass any time before I use it or on the day I use it, correct? My question is, if I buy the one day ticket at todays prices, when I upgrade, will I upgrade at today's prices or the future prices??
Future prices.

Missing20K

^^^Darn, I figured they would be too smart to let that slide. So then you are really only losing 4 dollars and that is if you buy a one day ticket, and 5 extra dollars for park hopping? :shrug: While it kind of smells of nickel and diming us to death, on a 7 day park hopper, the difference appears to $14. Not a huge increase, approx. a 5.3% increase over the old tickets. Still, would be nice to have just one year with no increases in tickets or hotels, cause apparently those are going up too. I'm hoping these increase won't add much more than 100 or so dollars to my bottom line for an upcoming January trip. Time will tell.

Thanks for the answer :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom