"Disney Guy" Arrested at WDW Hotel

Well, it just sounds sad for everyone involved.

What does is say about my own Disney obsession that I kept thinking "Hmm, I wonder where they were staying?"

ArtieJim

But last year, the former postal worker said he had found the love of his life

"Former postal worker" come on people, we all know the stereotype.

Also, if I lived in the Lehigh Valley and spent nearly $50,000 on my Disney obsession I would seriously consider a move to an area much closer to WDW and get myself an annual pass.

71jason

Anybody that Disney obsessed must be a member here. Any guesses? :shrug:

I actually know him, JT, and no, AFAIK not a member on any boards. Not even on Facebook.

Found him to be a decent guy the few times we hung out, tho clearly he loved the attention his ink brought him. Obviously the Disney obsession thing is odd, but I first met him in the Adventurers Club, where that sort of thing was more or less par for the course.

AEfx

"Former postal worker" come on people, we all know the stereotype.

Also, if I lived in the Lehigh Valley and spent nearly $50,000 on my Disney obsession I would seriously consider a move to an area much closer to WDW and get myself an annual pass.

$50,000 a year, supposedly...

:rolleyes:

Lisalyn

Ok sometimes there is more to a story then meets the eye so I'm not going to pass judgement on the guy, the girl or anything else....

my observation was - holy cow! Did you see that Disneyana collection of his in those photos? wow!

dreambeliever

O.K I dont mean to be a party poper but,You have got to understand!
It dose not seem like he had a great family.The man grew up on Disney movies and althow they have good lessons in them if you never had a mom to talk to or a Dad to joke with do you think you would want to talk to other pepole in life?The darn man has isuses and what he did to the women was not right!However that gives you no right to make fun of him.He dose not know how to talk to pepole because he never had a mom and dad to talk to!

I have never met this man and thank you to those who are being kind:).I just hate pepole being mean to others.:wave:

Kamikaze

O.K I dont mean to be a party poper but,You have got to understand!
It dose not seem like he had a great family.The man grew up on Disney movies and althow they have good lessons in them if you never had a mom to talk to or a Dad to joke with do you think you would want to talk to other pepole in life?The darn man has isuses and what he did to the women was not right!However that gives you no right to make fun of him.He dose not know how to talk to pepole because he never had a mom and dad to talk to!

I have never met this man and thank you to those who are being kind:).I just hate pepole being mean to others.:wave:

People have the right to say whatever they want (provided it does not break the rules of the forum) just as you have the right to defend this idiot.

SteveUK

I'm very disappointed by this thread. I know I may be knocked by people defending their right to say whatever they like, but I'm disappointed by what I thought was a more understanding, and caring community.

In this thread, I have seen words such as 'nutter', 'pathetic' and 'idiot'. It is quite clear to me from even a basic reading of the case that we are talking about a very damaged and unwell man. I simply hoped that a community and membership group such as this wouldn't be so callous and unkind.

This thread has made me seriously consider whether this forum is the kind of place I wish to spend my time.

sillykid

Let's all slow down. I have no issue with words on this forum whether pro or con, but we do not all know this person. People defend him as if they grew up on the block and know the family in which he was raised. The reality is he has spent gobs of money on Disney, and has put this art/conversation piece all over himself. To say things about his childhood raising due to the little we have heard is wrong. Thousands grow up w/o their parents and would dream to spend the money he has to go to Disney, let alone brag about it. What he may have done in the hotel room that night is completely wrong, I don't care who you are, or what your childlife has been like.

Kirk88

This guy is really Goofy. Not that I mean Goofy like Disney Goofy. He's not like that. More like he's not right, like someone slipped him a Mickey. Not that I mean Mickey either, like the Mouse. You know, not that. Just that he seems kinda Dopey or Grumpy. Oh wait, not that he's one of the characters...

hmmmm....maybe I'll just quit while I'm ahead. :lookaroun

(Sorry, couldn't resist! :p)

Well played, sir! :ROFLOL:

I saw the earlier comment that Disney should sue the guy. If I'm not mistaken they have sued him in the past because he was earning an income by displaying his tattoos. May not sound like a big deal but, Disney has all their characters copyrighted/trademarked, therefore making it illegal for him to earn income on them without Disney's permission.

slappy magoo

The thing I found strangest about his story is that he was spending all this money on Disney ink, with the plan to get it lasered off when he found "the one." But chances are, anyone who would find herself attracted to him would find that level of Disney obsession part of his charm, and anyone who didn't like it wouldn't get to know him enough to warrant a relationship where he'd consider lasering the tats off in the first place.

But then again, I've known women in my youth who were attracted to guys because of the car they'd drive, only to get in a relationship where they'd insist their boyfriend lose the hot car because it attracted women like them, and they'd know what kinds of women THEY were. So what do *I* know? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom