"Disney Guy" Arrested at WDW Hotel

Rook26

Original Poster
Article from my local paper:
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-disney-tattoo-arrest-20110708,0,5444210.story

By Daniel Patrick Sheehan Of The Morning Call

3:06 p.m. EDT, July 8, 2011
George Reiger's Disney fairy tale took a dark turn earlier this week. The Upper Saucon Township man, famed for the head-to-toe Disney tattoos he planned to have removed after meeting his dream girl, was charged with two felonies after a domestic dispute in a Walt Disney World hotel room Tuesday morning.

In an arrest affidavit, the Orange County, Fla. Sheriff's Office said Reiger, 57, and an unidentified woman he referred to as his fiancée had a verbal argument that turned physical.

The woman told deputies that Reiger grabbed her, pushed her onto a bed and got on top of her, holding his hand over her mouth. He also blocked the door when she tried to leave and damaged her laptop computer, clothes and other belongings, the affidavit said. Reiger told deputies he held the woman down on the bed as he attempted to get her to talk to him.

» Weather alerts and forecasts delivered to your mobile phone. Text WEATHER to 52270! Message and data rates apply. Text STOP Weather to quit, text HELP for info

Reiger, who could not be reached for comment, was charged with felonious false imprisonment and criminal mischief and misdemeanor battery. He posted bond and was ordered to have no contact with the victim, records show.

Over the course of 40 years, Reiger turned himself into a walking billboard for Walt Disney, with some 2,200 tattooed characters decorating his 6-foot-2-inch frame.

The so-called "Disney Guy" turned his 6,000-square-foot Upper Saucon Township home into the Lehigh Valley's version of theMickey Mouse Clubhouse, covering it wall to wall and floor to ceiling with 5,000-plus pieces of Disney paraphernalia: stuffed animals, plates, figurines, clocks, marionettes, Pez dispensers, a Captain Hook light fixture.

He has said his Disney passion cost him about $50,000 annually, including travel costs to Disney parks and paying for collectibles. He's been to Disney parks hundreds of times. In a 2006 interview, he attributed his fixation to a relatively unhappy childhood. He was raised in Easton by his grandparents, who Reiger said were unable to relate to the emotional needs of a young boy. "Disney raised me," he said.

But last year, the former postal worker said he had found the love of his life at a Disney convention in California and was giving up his obsession for her.

He sold his memorabilia at auction — raking in $60,000, with Internet bids coming from as far as Egypt and Austria — and said he was going to move south and have his tattoos removed.

It isn't clear if he started that process. In his mug shot after his arrest, tattoos are visible around his collar.

Reiger's story was never quite what it seemed. He routinely told admirers that he had been divorced six times because his wives couldn't compete with Disney. But last year, he told media outlets he had never been married, and only used the anecdote to make his story more compelling. However, Lehigh County court records indicate Reiger obtained a divorce in August 2010 from his wife of 13 years.

Monorail_Orange

Other than the relatively large age gap, perhaps he and Miss Anthony would get along quite well, at least they both seem to have a penchant for lying.

djkidkaz

"you made me sell my 1942 vintage Mickey and now you want to end our relationship?!!!"

I'm not sayin he shoulda hit her, but I understand! ;)

blm07

That sucks, it's kind of a surprise.

But, even in the middle of a fight, you can be sure to get your weather alerts on your mobile phone.

Lee

Adventurer
Sad.

Ran into the guy in the Club one night. He loves to talk about himself, his tattoos and how much he spends on travel.

Talks...and talks...and talks....

And his tattoos really don't look great...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sad.

Ran into the guy in the Club one night. He loves to talk about himself, his tattoos and how much he spends on travel.

Talks...and talks...and talks....

And his tattoos really don't look great...
My impression of him was the same.

nankeldisney821

I saw him a few years ago at DHS and I went up to him and said hi and asked if I could take a picture of his tattoos and he was very rude. I am sure he gets it all the time but he should expect the attention with all the tats. Anyway, I was not impressed with the guy... just sayin'

Pioneer Hall

Please don't reference other members even if you are just joking...especially in a situation such as this. The internet has a way of making things be interpreted the wrong way.

Thanks

Krack

20 years ago, I remember when this guy was on the Howard Stern show. He seemed like a reasonably normal guy with an abnormal Disney fascination.

JIMINYCR

famed for the head-to-toe Disney tattoos he planned to have removed after meeting his dream girl,
Over the course of 40 years, Reiger turned himself into a walking billboard for Walt Disney, with some 2,200 tattooed characters decorating his 6-foot-2-inch frame.

Wow, I can't imagine what he would have to go through cost wise and the pain to remove all those tattoos!! Looking at the photos you wonder where would he begin. Any one know what his first one was that got him started?

Unplugged

This guy is really Goofy. Not that I mean Goofy like Disney Goofy. He's not like that. More like he's not right, like someone slipped him a Mickey. Not that I mean Mickey either, like the Mouse. You know, not that. Just that he seems kinda Dopey or Grumpy. Oh wait, not that he's one of the characters...

hmmmm....maybe I'll just quit while I'm ahead. :lookaroun

(Sorry, couldn't resist! :p)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom