News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How about “The Bob’s”? I know Eisner kinda started things down the road, but The Weatherman kicked in turbo boost as soon as he moved into the CEO office. And $lappie wants it in an even higher gear.
Eisner…crazy flaws aside…knew the value of a strong core clientele. He had Roy and a different economy to contend with…besides being around too long.

Iger is perhaps the luckiest human on earth (forest gump)

KBLovedDisney

They’re slow as anything today. They’re always slow after the South and Midwest go back to school, and then absolutely dead for a couple weeks after the Northeast does.View attachment 580012View attachment 580013
Funny.jpg

JGamer

You know they're *desperately* trying to hire housekeepers right? It's just about impossible with immigration closed.
Here is a novel idea - increase the pay for this position until you hire enough people. Increase it enough and you may not have to rely on immigration at all. Isn't that what a fair market it supposed to adjust to?

I know, profits would take a hit and shareholders would revolt but wouldn't it be nice if people that worked at "the happiest place on earth" were paid a decent wage and could actually make a career out of it.

Fido Chuckwagon

I wasn't making the case that a 3.5-hour wait for a Standby Pass couldn't happen in theory, but that it wouldn't happen for ToT in practice, as ToT never approaches 4.5-hour lines. For FoP,
TOT never approaches a 4.5 hour line because nobody in their right mind would stand in line for 4.5 hours for it. I think peopel are way overestimating the ride capacity at the Disney parks. There are a lot of people who don't even go on the rides if the lines are longer then their tolerance threshold. Way more people are going to be willing to sign up fo ra virtual 4.5 hour wait then would be willing to stand in a 4.5 hour line.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
TOT never approaches a 4.5 hour line because nobody in their right mind would stand in line for 4.5 hours for it. I think peopel are way overestimating the ride capacity at the Disney parks. There are a lot of people who don't even go on the rides if the lines are longer then their tolerance threshold. Way more people are going to be willing to sign up fo ra virtual 4.5 hour wait then would be willing to stand in a 4.5 hour line.
You stand 4.5 In a line for any of WDW’s line up…you’ve frankly lost it and started pouring glue on your cereal

UNCgolf

Thing is, paid FP is probably a viable money maker. But not at those prices. They're completely absurd.

Especially since most rides are less than 5 minutes long now. If you're getting a 15 minute experience, paying $10-15 is slightly less objectionable. Slightly.

DisneyDodo

Would paid FP incentivize management to operate rides at lowered capacity?
In theory, that's possible. But the reverse could actually be true as well - if Disney is able to directly monetize a percentage of the ride capacity, they might be incentivized to add more capacity. My guess is that it will depend on FP sales - if they are slower than Disney is hoping for, they may artificially lower capacity to drum up demand. But if sales are strong, they may decide to build more attractions to increase supply.

CaptainAmerica

Here is a novel idea - increase the pay for this position until you hire enough people. Increase it enough and you may not have to rely on immigration at all. Isn't that what a fair market it supposed to adjust to?

I know, profits would take a hit and shareholders would revolt but wouldn't it be nice if people that worked at "the happiest place on earth" were paid a decent wage and could actually make a career out of it.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom