News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

No…indicating that a particular job is “work for immigrants” is a bit on that side…

that’s like saying “get poor people to do it”…
The hospitality industry is dependent on foreign workers. This is true *worldwide.* It's not unique to Disney, or Central Florida, or even the United States.

I make no claim whether this is good or bad, only that it's true.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The hospitality industry is dependent on foreign workers. This is true *worldwide.* It's not unique to Disney, or Central Florida, or even the United States.

I make no claim whether this is good or bad, only that it's true.
Then make no claim…would be my advice.

just like that textbook micro Econ crap about paying wages. The world is 3 dimensional

the gipper didn’t carry that off the mountain on the third tablet

TYOTimer

Here is a novel idea - increase the pay for this position until you hire enough people. Increase it enough and you may not have to rely on immigration at all. Isn't that what a fair market it supposed to adjust to?

I know, profits would take a hit and shareholders would revolt but wouldn't it be nice if people that worked at "the happiest place on earth" were paid a decent wage and could actually make a career out of it.
Housekeepers are being hired on at 16 an hour, plus a $1,000 signing bonus. Money isn’t the issue.

Workplace ethics issues on the other hand….

TikibirdLand

You don't know what you're talking about.
Maybe you could help explain why the person doesn't know what they're talking about instead of just dismissing them. I happen to agree with them; paying more for that position will certainly bring in more candidates. Both the Harvard Business Review (said nearly a decade ago) and the Economic Policy Institute hold this position. Any research to the contrary?

TYOTimer

Workplace ethics?

…now i’m interested…
In a world of COVID, and being understaffed, what I mentioned earlier would fall into that. Plus, it doesn’t help that Disney went from they couldn’t fire you no matter what you did, even if you took almost 70 days off by calling out (yes this actually happened in a few cases) to back to a 3 strike system basically overnight with no warning.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In a world of COVID, and being understaffed, what I mentioned earlier would fall into that. Plus, it doesn’t help that Disney went from they couldn’t fire you no matter what you did, even if you took almost 70 days off by calling out (yes this actually happened in a few cases) to back to a 3 strike system basically overnight with no warning.
…I feel I missed out on some good labor discussions

I’m disappointed with myself 😔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The unions and Disney have been a mess these past few months.

Granted, that’s why Chappie likes money so much, it doesn’t argue with him!
Are the unions any more feckless than they always were? Or did the reps from the riveria counties quietly repeal right to work and I missed it?

sup

any ideas when the Chapek will let the public know what he is doing with this genie nightmare. Everything else said is just speculation. I would really like to know about fast pass

Last edited by a moderator:

jpinkc

But FP+ was free before, so anyone that pays automatically makes it a money maker. And there are people that will pay. A lot I would imagine.
It was never free really, if you were an onsite guest it was part of your inflated room package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom