News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusAranX

How long does the queue get for Navii?

But to answer your question there’s a show, hopefully two, two major trails, all the smaller trails, Dinosaur and the new show on the water. Plus the train and Conservation Station. Disney will want you eating or shopping of course.

That said, having all the rides in a park use the standby return pass system will create problems.
Because that worked out very well for California Adventure

jpinkc

Tiered pricing, depending on how busy the Parks are...and what 'season'.

Remember how the admission pricing for Park tickets is based on 'seasons'?
Value Season, Peak Season, etc.?
Don't be surprised to see similar pricing schemes for the prices to access particular Attractions.

I can easily see them charging more on 'peak' days then during 'value season' days as Guests will be far more willing to cough up the cash with the click of a 'Genie' button the busier the Parks are.

-
I dont know when the parks have really had a SLOW time in the past 5 years other than 2020. Its always jammed, so that tells me Max Tier everyday! Seasonal is almost a thing of the past. It does amaze me that the crowds keep growing and Disney cant figure out they need Capacity but I guess that costs $$$$ and thats not a thing Iger or Slappie are about for the parks.

TrojanUSC

I dont know when the parks have really had a SLOW time in the past 5 years other than 2020. Its always jammed, so that tells me Max Tier everyday! Seasonal is almost a thing of the past. It does amaze me that the crowds keep growing and Disney cant figure out they need Capacity but I guess that costs $$$$ and thats not a thing Iger or Slappie are about for the parks.

They continue to adjust prices based on demand for things like VIP Tours, so I assume they will do so for this.

Figments Friend

Disney 2021.jpg

Rickcat96

Read an interesting article on Hotel house-keeping CEO mentalities-(stating they learned this during the pandemic) it was noted CEOs are stating that guests would rather NOT have house-keeping while on vacation, they prefer to call the front desk when its needed.

Guarantee ya- Genie will have this option to request when you want house keeping service, anything excessive, like "daily" will have a extra charge.

ImperfectPixie

Read an interesting article on Hotel house-keeping CEO mentalities-it was noted CEOs are stating that guests would rather NOT have house-keeping while on vacation, they prefer to call the front desk when its needed.

Guarantee ya- Genie will have this option to request wen you want house keeping service, anything excessive, like "daily" will have a charge.
They're setting guests up in order to come to this conclusion. One of the nice things about being on vacation and staying in a hotel is coming back to a made bed, fresh towels, etc.

celluloid

Read an interesting article on Hotel house-keeping CEO mentalities-it was noted CEOs are stating that guests would rather NOT have house-keeping while on vacation, they prefer to call the front desk when its needed.

Absurd. (the priming attempt from that article you read, not you)
People don't even enjoy going out to eat if their water is not refilled after drinking. No one likes to go out and eat and flag down a server. That is unfair to both involved. Less staffing and more inconvenience for the customer, more work for the employee.

Last edited:

jpinkc

Absurd. (the priming attempt from that article you read, not you)
People don't even enjoy going out to eat if their water is not refilled after drinking. No one likes to go out and eat and flag down a server. That is unfair to both involved. Less staffing and more inconvenience for the customer, more work for the employee.

But thats the New Magic Way!!!!! Apparently to Slappie!! Less staff more $$$$ in his bonus check.

Marriedatdisney

I wonder what the ratio of return park guests to first timers is. We’ve been a ton of times. We’ve been ok going to the park, riding three fast pass rides. Playing standby by ear, grabbing some food and heading back to the resort pool. now Paying genie up charges for rides we’ve ridden a million times, not sure how that will feel.

pixarprincess

I wonder what the ratio of return park guests to first timers is. We’ve been a ton of times. We’ve been ok going to the park, riding three fast pass rides. Playing standby by ear, grabbing some food and heading back to the resort pool. now Paying genie up charges for rides we’ve ridden a million times, not sure how that will feel.
Not all returners would count the same in that scenario.

Goes multiples times a year? That’s one group.

Goes once every four years is another.

Goes periodically but is bringing family member/friend for their first experience is yet another.

I think it’s clear there are enough who will pay. But does that change the tenor of the parks enough that it no longer feels like Disney. That’s my big question.

My guess is not right away. But maybe over time. Then again, I think that’s already happened in recent years with the absurd crowds and frustrated guests. Though that’s anecdotal from friends who have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom