News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am with you on that one ! My fear is Genie-Fastpass system and AP's are all tied together to be announced at the same time
Wouldn’t really matter much…unless you can get a pass WITH a ride on dumbo for only $1,999 a year???

now that would be something👍🏻🤔

MurphyJoe

And for the 1000th time, why would they want to do that?

Eh, Disney could swap out the free dining promo for priority access with a return time. People still gotta eat so it's not like their resort guests won't be spending money in the restaurants anyway. Have people pay rack rate on the room and then provide something partially which used to be included with a park ticket. Disney just needs their crack marketing team to make the offer sound amazing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Eh, Disney could swap out the free dining promo for priority access with a return time. People still gotta eat so it's not like their resort guests won't be spending money in the restaurants anyway. Have people pay rack rate on the room and then provide something partially which used to be included with a park ticket. Disney just needs their crack marketing team to make the offer sound amazing.
What I meant was: why give away something for free that can be charged for? There’s this frequent myth of late that the rooms are selling because of fastpass. Not true. Fastpass isn’t part of an room metric.
Not only that…but half those rooms are already “sold” for decades to come

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The same reason they're doing evening extra magic hours for deluxe resort guests. To sell $500 hotel rooms and $50,000 real estate ownership interests.
They’re already sold, kid

and you missed the point of the “extra hours”…they’re giving you that INSTEAD of this…

you didn’t fall for that, did you? They still have 10 hours a day - everyday - to work you into buying the fastpasses.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ll go rub the, um, lamp.
1629249953506.jpeg

Waters Back Side

They’re already sold, kid

and you missed the point of the “extra hours”…they’re giving you that INSTEAD of this…

you didn’t fall for that, did you? They still have 10 hours a day - everyday - to work you into buying the fastpasses.
That's flawed logic. EMH and FP+ were two entirely different perks that served a different purpose and were both free at the same time.

The idea that they have no reason to offer free line skips because they can charge and profit from them would be no different then if for months there was a discussion as to why they would the offer extended evening hours to resort guests when they can charge for them? Yet, they still offered extended evenings for free.

So yes. For the 1001st time, offering a free FP or 2 (or equivalent with a new name) is not out of the realm of reality.

Stop trying to engrave in everyones heads that Chapeks goal is to appease the board members.
We all know this. They do not need to charge for this new service but it makes sense that they do. It would be smart for them to do so. I'd be shocked if they didn't! Id also be shocked if resort guests were not thrown a freebie or two, whether they need to or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom